Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Oppression of Knowledge
    Posted: 11 December 2016 at 1:15am

---

The Oppression of Knowledge

knowledge brings power so those empowered devour,/
what we encounter but prior, they counter knowledge with fire,/

they fire writers inspired, then hire liars hardwired,/
conspire lies to entire nations usin' our wires,/

decipher ciphers in cyphers, findin' survivors and fighters,/
counter venom with the weapons that'll squash all the spiders,/

take suppliers from the buyers then become the provider,/
invisible hand invincible plan, until no ones left wiser,/

than the other cuz we brothers and we one in the same,/
now its wisdom to gain, and our strength we reclaim,/

yeah they losin' but the only thing they losin is fame,/
improving, let us prove it, losin nothin' but pain,/

removing tumors in consumers, we healin' malignant brains,/
producin' futures for the new earth, it'll never be the same,/

listen close full attention, depictin' pics through this diction/
those positioned kill ambition for mission: maintain the reign./

---

Edited by Lord Puente - 11 December 2016 at 2:03am
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 8:49am
Yep I liked this,the tempo on reading was real nice due to short lines and a bucket
full of multi's,(word and syllables),this was pleasing on the eye too and the flow was
ripe,shit even the picture was fitting to the contents of this piece and title,nicely
done there i feel,the vocab and contents were done well also,I'll hash out a few lines
in a moment,I do like a verse that screams awareness,for me it pulls a reader in,and
in the process gives a return factor for the reader,a little knowledge on a subject that
they may or not know,and even if they do know they still gain because it's another take
via a different point of view,the picture reminds me of an adage,if you don't want ppl
to know any truths,put it in a book,and the outstretched arms pushing the key away
was a ripe visual aid to depicting that,well played Puente,

" knowledge brings power so those empowered devour,/
what we encounter but prior, they counter knowledge with fire",/

"take suppliers from the buyers then become the provider,/
invisible hand invincible plan, until no ones left wiser",/

"yeah they losin' but the only thing they losin is fame,/
improving, let us prove it, losin nothin' but pain",/

"removing tumors in consumers, we healin' malignant brains,/
producin' futures for the new earth, it'll never be the same",/

I liked them lines,there's a lot of truth within those lines that struck a cord with me,
as they can be for a reader as deep as you comprehend them,if ppl skim through this
verse they'll miss the logic,as this has to be read to gain the insight,well done Puente,
I found this to be an enjoyable read, where the pleasure was all mine,a real ripe piece
on the whole here,thanks...peace.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 4:24am
cool shit LP. Was this meant for a song? if so, i hope u record it cuz i would definitely like to hear it bro. So this piece is  social commentary verse (been reading quite a few of those lately) but i like the rhyming and scheme which make the whole concept fresh, imo. lots of pretty cool lines.

emoving tumors in consumers, we healin' malignant brains,

that was pretty dope man. There were, however, lines that i sort of scratched my head to. maybe u can shed some light in an expo

decipher ciphers in cyphers, findin' survivors and fighters

all in all, pretty good showing my dude. keep on

Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 4:28am
actually this was meant for an audio piece, but the beat I was going to use is no longer available :(

in regards to that line you were questioning, its about conspiracies and hidden messages in things released to the public. im saying im deciphering those government made ciphers in the current cypher I was spitting. im finding ppl fighting for the same cause who have "survived" this conspiracies.
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 1:48am
Yeah, this was definitely a cool read. The way you wrote it reminds me of something you'd hear the Gift of Gab spit. Both the rhyme scheme and subject matter of this verse are very similar to his style, which is a testament to your lyrical prowess because ... GoG is fuckin dope. You should record this to another beat LP, cos I'm sure you'd murk this joint in audio. In any case, I think you had some clever content. I myself am a "conspiracy theorist" at heart, but all that really means is I seek the truth. Thus, naturally what you wrote appealed to me.

"they fire writers inspired, then hire liars hardwired,/
conspire lies to entire nations usin' our wire"

I assume this is about the media/propaganda? It's dope nonetheless.

Peace...
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 2:12am
I haven't seen much from you, but this was a quite enjoyable read. I love the overall concept here and I thought you executed it well enough. The numerous relevant references really contributed to the 'lack of depth of knowledge'. 

take suppliers from the buyers then become the provider,/
invisible hand invincible plan, until no ones left wiser,/

I liked the common notion here and how you incorporated it in your concept. The consistency hereby is evident. The bar which Self quoted was also a highlight. Good read overall. 

Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2016 at 2:19am

self, yes that is exactly what that line is about. thanks for the feedback broseph. I should prob peep some gab out, I haven't heard any of his music in years. never was heavy into him, but his flow was just stupid.

alice, glad you found the time to read it, and im glad you enjoyed it. Havent been doing much rap wise in a hot minute, but im back at it again, and my life has had a 180 and so has my ability to rap now that im clear minded and things in life worked out for a change :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic