Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bakardi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-4-0
Form: LLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REBELLION COLLAB: Bakardi ft Sky Scrapur
    Posted: 22 December 2016 at 9:29am
afterdeath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afterdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2016 at 5:20pm
First, well done, cause working togeather can be hard.

Bakardi, flow is hard and you are going in that's dope. Your too funny bru! Quit it. There was one part I could tell you punched in, and it sounded like a different person (1:02) just try and maintain character.

Chorus is alright, it was kinda out of control, but the last barz finished it hard, (and she know just what I came for!). 

Sky Scrapur, I'm assuming you are from Africa or something bruh! like a jungle because I can't understand you very much on this track. But you did sound good I just could not understand you.

The only negatives I really have to say is that the cadences did not match or compliment each other. This can be hard to do when your not in the same room bouncing ideas back and forth. But I give you two props for pulling this togetaher.

Bakardi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 5:20am
Thanks for the feed! you are right, its definitely hard when you arent in the same room
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 2:11pm
Yo, Sky, where you from, bro? You sound South African, French, Belgium, or German. I can quite put my finger on it. Anyway, due to your heavy accent it's a little hard for me to understand your lyrics with clarity. Vocally, however, you have a real cool tone to your voice and your presence on the mic is dope. I have no clue what you said, but I feel like whatever it was ... you said it with confidence. Strangely, I still liked your verse. I guess it's like when non-English speaking people get heavy into American HipHop/music, even tho they may not be fully fluent in the language. Sometimes it's just about the cadence or style or sound of the sonic expression as a whole. Music truly is a universal language. And your verse here proves it. Good shit.

Bak, man you ripped it! I think your delivery complimented the beat perfectly. You had a sick flow from beginning to end and your energy was hype as hell. I dug it, bro. You've been steadily improving with each and every drop. Keep flaming the booth, dude. I like your style.

Overall: this was a nice joint. The production was on point as fuck. And I think the repetitiveness of the hook really added an extra charge to an already explosive instrumental. Good shit fellas. Sky work on your English diction and enunciation a little bit, but keep your overall delivery exactly the same.

Peace out fools.
Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 10:31pm
Thanks bros, feed appreciated.

Yes English ain't my 1st language, i'll work on my diction and enunciation. That's a cellphone record sorry for that, i still gotta get myself a studio mic, i'm sure you will understand my future verses clearly.

Good shit BK, i just can't get the phrase outta my head "This is what we came for!". I'll re-record my verse as soon as i get the mic.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 11:09pm
Ok I'm drunk. Somewhat. But I listened to this.

Bakardi. Flow is on point. Enunciation dies during the first punch in of your verse. Especially the first 3 lines. It wasn't that distraction to the point where it annoyed me but I think a retake of that section would do you a lot of favors. Second punch in was clean. You had some funny lines which I can't remember for the life of me. But I do remember jolly times.

Sky. I know the struggles bro. I can clearly hear you're from South Africa and as such we speak a somewhat similar language. I speak dutch, you speak Afrikaans which is a mixture of several languages. Due to that a transitions to pure English is very difficult because of the tones in our native language. They're don't even come close to how Americans or even the Brits speak English.

There is a solution which speech therapy trainers use. It's gay as fuck but it really works. Put material in your mouth about the size of marbles a different keep it between your gums and cheeks like a chipmunk. Then try to pronounce every word til you have it down. Just be sure to remember that this isn't which you can fix over night. It's a long tedious process which took me a while too. As for the content of your verse, I thought it was dope and I think you got a real warrior type voice, bro.

Overall there are improvements to be made but I can see this work.
#Bananas

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 11:10pm
I'm rereading my previous comment and I give up. Even autocorrect can't save me here. Good night!
#Bananas

Bakardi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bakardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 2:27am
you the man Endeavor, that is solid feedback. Sometimes when I rap fast I start to lose my breath and slur my words together, I just started flowing like this recently (still looking for what my sound is), im gonna spend some time in the studio until I can master this flow and chop the way I want to.

I thought Sky brought alot of flavor to the track, I thought he was jamaican when I heard it (we dont hear alot of accents like that in Texas lol)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic