Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhythmic Mathematics
    Posted: 29 December 2016 at 4:35pm

ok, this was my personal attempt at mixing using the guide that elite posted (mind you, I don't use fruityloops, so I couldn't just follow his instructions to a t either.) also, this piece is meant as a flow/scheme flex.

lyricism mastermind, I'm blastin' rhymes in half the time
my patterns like mad hatter five times as high as the highest pine
my standards are the factor these bastards hatin' on my design
the only fact that matters, I splatter matter that's God divine

ask me all your questions, I got the answers, I never lie
bring your papers later, ill write my number, my bottom line
feed my need for greed and Lord P will sign, by dotted line
you can keep the fame in the game my g, don't wanna shrine

man this flow is cancerous, its dangerous, its hazardous
after death still have my breath my pit is of the Lazarus
gunnin' for the mavericks, I'm nothing but an anarchist
colder than cadavers sit, I'm frozen in this swagger spit

got you hooked when I go cook and this drug is unanimous
writing words on cutting boards, these schemes are so damn saporous
litmus for the cannabis, I write this on this papyrus
rhythmic mathematics, like my mind came with an abacus

Edited by Lord Puente - 29 December 2016 at 4:41pm
afterdeath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afterdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 5:10pm
Beat is super ill.
Getting used to your voice Lord Puente.
Your character was held well.
I little slurry with the word enunciations but it added to the atmosphere.
Content is funny
Over dubs are tastefully done.
Very good kind a like this one
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 2:38am
thanks for the feed
d0pe! View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote d0pe! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 7:01am
Beat is pretty decent actually. Def better than i expected after reading what you said.
That super multi style you employ gives your flow, a bounce, if you will. I do think it could be a bit more polished up towards the end of your bars.
As far as lyrics, its clear you care, its clear you wanna try and fit the multi scheme heavily. Just dont let it hinder you from opening up your style a bit. 

"bring your papers later, ill write my number, my bottom line
feed my need for greed and Lord P will sign, by dotted line"
^^^^^^^^
These bars right here tho, HEAT!!!!!!!
I know its only one song i heard, but this is what i can gather from this joint.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 12:27pm
Thanks man
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 5:38pm
can I get a little more feedback from anyone?
this was my attempt at mixing this myself btw. any advice would be appreciated (on the flow/schemes/mixing and what not)
afterdeath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afterdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2016 at 5:41pm
Don't stop here, keep going.
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 1:24am
The beat definitely worked for the way you approached this. I can't say shit about mixing and all that because that ain't what I know. But lyrics and flow.. the flow I thought was solid in this, and the rhymes were very good. That beginning part did it for me. That shit was nice as hell. I'm looking forward to seeing you get more into it. You had the presence and you had some showing of attitude in it if you know what I mean. Keep it up.
+Sick-Witted+
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 1:33am
bruh, i just realized your from FL. what part man?

anyway, i know this is my second listen. im not sure why i would listen and not leave feed, but im retarded like that yo

anyway, this beat is cool. very animated, bouncy. . kinda silly. . i dig it. flow is good, pronunciation is tough to make out at times, text takes care of that though. lyrics are dope as hell actually. you have a bit of that nasal tone, i always liked that type of voice . . sort of like b-real cypress hill type ish. and its over. . a bit short, but this was a dope little kick man. i enjoyed it 
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 3:35am
I really appreciate the feedback Stalin and rhet, I've been working really hard on improving my delivery of lyrics and shit. Thanks guys!
jerome1334 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerome1334 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 7:20pm
The beat is dope, I have a certain affinity for beats that have that...punch? Well whatever it is it's dope. The lyrics are on point, you really showed off your vocabulary which is refreshing. The flow was for the most part solid, maybe a part or two could be touched up such as "by dotted line" this is an opinion of course but "on the dotted line" MIGHT sound better I'd have to try to know for sure. Other than that I don't have much to say. Honestly I'm super impressed by this board...I'm on a few across the net trying to find one I like and this seems to be the spot. I digress...I hope to see more from you sooner than later. Good work.
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 8:17pm
Flow was dope af good rhymescheme as well. You slurred some of your words but for the most part you kept the flow solid. The mixing wasn't bad but here's what it needs. Less high end, more low end, the part that makes it softer and bassier rather than harsh and bright.also add a touch of reverb to the vocals so they are as dry. if you use something like reaper, use the stereo plugin and push the audio out farther so they sit on the beat better, this was a dope verse tho. Good stuff.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 9:34pm
I appreciate the feedback Jerome. and yea, I feel ya, it doesn't sit right there, I hear it everytime as well.

and mission, I really appreciate the feedback on the mixing, as I got like no clue what im doing. I think maybe next time I need to listen to a song on my headphones that is somewhat similar in the vocals, and try to match what they do. and yea, I use reaper but no clue what im doing. the reverb especially is where im extra lost, so im pretty sure there isn't any on this.
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 9:45pm
Hit me up on facebook @ZJ Mission, I use reaper i can give you some good tips and presets I use. I've pretty much pimped it out to where i can make any song sound good now.
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 9:55pm
Dope shit here Lord. That flow was sick and the delivery was retro. Im feeling this shit brudda. Defo worth the listen.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 12:13am
thanks dizz, glad you enjoyed it. hopefully ill be dropping hotter shit in the future!
MikeMello View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeMello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 3:13pm
I love the beat man it came out great. You have some good lines and rhyme too. Overall your flow is good, there were a few parts at the end where it seemed to drop off but overall is was on point. I think the mix was good, the vocals could have been a little more forward up in the mix but im listening to it with cheap headphones right now so I could be wrong. Good Job man.

Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2017 at 9:03pm
Interesting... you have a decent style that could work well on audio, the rhymeschemes were pretty solid but at times on the mic you seem to be cramming one too many rhymes in in places. If the verse weren't written out in front of me I wouldn't have caught what you said at times. Having said that, the first four lines in the audio were giving me Big Pun vibes, obviously not on the same scale as him lyrically or charismatically, but you got the potential there to become a decent audio head. As a stand alone verse this wouldn't have been that great due to the lack of hard hitting or memorable content, but if you sharpen your lyrics up you could be one to keep an eye on.
CUTTA View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CUTTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2017 at 5:42am
SICK MAN LOVE YOUR FLOW AND THAT BEAT IS NASTY...AND U RIPPED IT TO SHREDS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic