Open Mic: A continuation of scheming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HI-Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HI-Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A continuation of scheming
    Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:09pm
I stand alone on the steps
The stones wet and slick
Survey the street, whats left
Footprints in ash on brick
Overturned trash bins
And a trail leads past them
I expected commotion
But silence harasses
I tighten my grip
But fingers keep graspin
My handkerchief slips
I stifle the gasping
And just when I get
To the point that im passing
Out pops a kid, and he's loaded
For action, packing a whip
Deaths what he's asking
I end his life quick
Cut short with a passion
A flick of the wrist
And his life's past tense
It is what it is, it happened
No time for shit
Like emotions I reacted
I'll pay for my sins
If I can out last em
Ask God to forgive
Bet he would ask him
He was only a kid
But I saw a savage.

Edited by HI-Z - 05 January 2017 at 10:21pm
HI-Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HI-Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 11:16pm
I feel like I could write a book on this subject lol. The image posted for that kotom was very inspiring, I plan on ending this by having him fight his way to the rings depicted in the photo. Congratulations self active on the win! Stay tuned for the conclusion to this, catch ya later.
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2017 at 8:23pm
my one big piece of advice is to be more descriptive. . you have a character where a stranger jumps out on him in the dark and the only reaction we get is he shoots him. No. I want to know what his emotions were in that moment. . what was the kid that jumped out at hims final words, or reaction to being shot. . there is alot in between the lines that could have given this different layers but we just got what was on the surface of it all. lines could be a tab bit longer. I had no problems with the flow or anything really . . . just could have left more room to expand and give your lines some added depth. all in all, not a terrible piece . . . it just didnt provide anything out of the ordinary and such. . keep the pen moving 
HI-Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HI-Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 5:51am
Thank you for the feed allow me to respond.It is what it is, it happened no time for shit Like emotions I reacted. Lol But for real I hear ya man, I'll get more descriptive with my next drop. Catch ya later

Edited by HI-Z - 07 January 2017 at 5:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic