Open Mic: Don't check ma shit out if you ain't old-school

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jaz-Cat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaz-Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't check ma shit out if you ain't old-school
    Posted: 26 February 2017 at 11:03pm
‎Keystyle off da top, let's go

Jaz-Cat reppin' old-school, ma flows brighten, damn...
Other dude poppin' blanks like Yosemite Sam...
He a fool, da hell he bangin' them wheels slick for?...
Blind like da bat, he a groupie wit Ill ScriptureZ...
"Prom in thee S" is from y'all high schools, easy...
Lemme check y'all non-gunners, never rule cheesy...
Finna shake ya hands when you bustaz gamed up?...
Thick slammers chokin' ya wrists, sluggers chained up...
Chillin' in da pen, jottin' ill bars, livin' wit scriptures...
Y'all ain't Jaz-Cat, y'all ain't deaf, spittin' wit gestures...
Y'all fake niggas, degrading LA, that's you, lives hurting...
Nigga, "I'm da salt of the Earth", Matthew 5:13...
Chained in da acoustics, lickin' them shots like Sammy...
Pots so many, you was finna bumpin', got spiked nanny...
Even Jack chillin' wit them kids, you ain't got bars...
‎Keystyle off, fuck y'all fake niggaz, you ain't no stars

Old-school, fuck y'all, I ain't playin'

Edited by Jaz-Cat - 26 February 2017 at 11:51pm
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 12:36am
So I guess I shouldn't have 'checked your shit then'.. but you know, reverse psychology etc. So, I get that it's your (life) style/state of mind, whatever one wants to call it. And that's totally fine, as it's different compared to other pieces in the OM. But different doesn't necessarily mean that it's appealing as well, unfortunately. But that is entirely preference based. I'm sure there might be some who could actually appreciate this. I'm just wondering why you tried to go at people who stated their opinion (be it positive or negative) on your last piece. Especially when those are thoroughly great writers/artists, which makes it kinda amusing actually. 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:58am
lol, ok. this is a freestyle so theres not much i can say about it. for a diss piece, it lacked punches. and i still don't understand the "prom in thee S" lol. what does that mean? 

on a side note, we've had niggas like you try shit like this before and they don't last. don't let our demeanor fool you, you're fuckin with wolves here. goodluck. 

Jaz-Cat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaz-Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 7:07am
New-school wolves, nigga. You ain't got old-school, fuck is you tryna pop up, Lil' Sam?
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 9:47am
U keep referencing this old school like it's something you were old enough to partKe in. You keep saying it like it's something that we should fear and only the bravest enter. No man, no one cares. If old school is not connecting bars, forced wordplay, and bad rhyme schemes... I'm good. As this diss was below average it's not worth Remyin' you.

...what is a spiked nanny?
Jaz-Cat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaz-Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 9:58am
Keystyles are off the top to me, that's why I finna bust without 'em pre-written jots. Just like da lyrical exercise nigga. A spiked nanny is da nanny type wit bad mind, like da movie "Nanny Cam", if you see that type, you know what I mean
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 11:51am
Keystyles are not off the top. They are still written just written in one shot. Now... if we were in a circle and you did some shit off the top, it would be a free. And if this was it, still would be suspect. For the simple fact your bars do not connect. Telling me Prom in thee S is from high school, easy & I never rule cheesy is in fact cheesy. I'm trying not to sound like a hater but homie take the criticism the shit you've been dropping is awkward and the whole gimmick is watered down. It feels forced tbh.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 1:26pm
OK,well Jaz you don't take criticism too well from ppl who can help you elevate,and
I feel it's because of a misunderstanding from you and them,as keystyle go this was
good really,as a diss it's was decent enough nothing to heavy but it put a stamp down
still,these ppl you dissed here are very accomplished poets to be totally honest,and
how you precieve your piece compared to how others read them is where the problem
lies,yes your text display with broken words is annoying and seems dripping with
street,which does come across as a forced persona also,coupled with the fact that
your impaired hearing in this case acts like a barrier to some who may not of known
this,plus i do love me some 80's hip hop,in fact most of my music is 80's,the age
were ppl got thrown off stage for not meeting the grade,you may have the spirt of the
old school,but on reading your post you don't have the sound of it,because your main
sense is visual,hence the display of your text,which you then lace with an OG vibe,for
us British guys your verses are like Marmite and maybe some Americans too,you either
like it or hate it,me I don't mind these drops of yours,in fact I think what you manage to
feel within you without ever hearing,(where hip hop is concerned) is feat in itself to
be fair,on the whole this piece was good,i also quite enjoyed the read too..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
NBread View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 2:21pm
I was born in 82, battled back in the early 2000's online and in reality. Shit has evolved of course. On here it's shifted to more of a poetic nature which is dope. The structure of rhymes and punches in general is different. I've been reading y'alls work and adapting for months. It takes time. The way Jaz spits connects with how my mind naturally processes hip hop so I don't think dude is trolling. Homeboy is deaf and there's a generation gap.
JackBarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-3-1
Form: LLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JackBarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 5:23pm
Jaz ma nigga put more effort that's all ma G!buh You constantly taking shots at vets?!I don't know how will that pan out for You mayne lol!nice reads tho peace!
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:26pm
This was actually dope.
But make no mistake this is a site for old people, lol.
And I think you know that.
We've probably met before. You trolls are relentless.
You're not that old school. You rhyme like mafioso New York rappers back in 96/97.

Fuck with us if you're really about the elements. Most of us are cultured ppl.
Don't be a lame with your 'Ebonics for Dummies'faced ass

+Sick-Witted+
Jaz-Cat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaz-Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:35pm
You say you know me? Nigga what's ma real name and where I located, Chain?
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:45pm
You're a retard.

But keep doing your thing. Stop posting comments and stick to posting rhymes.
+Sick-Witted+
Jaz-Cat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaz-Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:47pm
Then don't say you met me before, nigga
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:48pm
Alright...'brother'. You got it.
You're right.
+Sick-Witted+
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:51pm
I don't know your name,but I know your from South Africa, pls take all this feed given
as a step up,and not disses against you,elevation is the key to this site,as we're all on
a learning curve,don't make something out of nothing,as this will hinder you in the long
run,when ppl like CHAIN Sammy and iLL leave feed it intensional based on the norm,
its not given to push buttons,but to help in these elements..peace.   
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:58pm
PS.,guys stop clogging with too and throw banter, and let's stick to the thread for feed only pls..peace.
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 10:18pm
Ehh content wise it's a pretty basic gas up job. You seem to have some ability to you though, so it'll be interesting to see what you put out in the future. For sure watch the attitude when people give feedback, 1 man armies never last round here.
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 1:24am
Ok, so interesting verse to gain attention... Now that you've gained the attention, it's for all the wrong reasons.

This was at best average. No real highlights or punches for someone who seems ready to brawl. This diss lacked regardless of "off the top" or it took you a week to write. Nothing really hit, the bars were extremely basic.

Looking forward to your next rant....
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 2:57am
This was an ok drop. Nice flow and some decent metas, but all in all nothing heavy and impactful, and definitely not raw like old-school rap of the Golden Era. And you can't go off-the-top on a text piece. Not properly.
Faggot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic