Open Mic: done with winter shit! (keystyle)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HI-Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HI-Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: done with winter shit! (keystyle)
    Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:32am
Where's the sun stuck in a permanent eclipse?

Like winters just begun?

clothes are frozen stiff and my fingers
are going numb.
I'm speaking with a lisp like I was born
Without a tongue.
Burning Christmas gifts and the tree was
Number one.
Theres nothing on the list that could be
Over done.
Burnt the family pics and the stocks of
all the guns.
Sawed off the stair case shit each and
every rung.
Where's that fat bitch at too sing the
Song she sung.
I'd burn her chunky ass and be warm for
Days too come.       
HI-Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HI-Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 8:39am
Just for some context if any one gives a shit, I wrote this when it was -57°... Fuck Alaska!   
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 7:32pm
This was nice. A pretty 'light' read which makes it even more enjoyable, with regard to the topic. I think the smoothness of this was the highlight. Had a humorous factor throughout. There's not much to point out as as it's a quite short piece with one consistent theme. But it served its purpose. 
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:40pm
This was a cheeky little creative piece here,liked the way you repped your state
also,I guess your from Alaska? (ironic really being in the same crew you'd think
I would know..lol.),and like Alice has pointed out the humour in this piece was
present and firing too,but what I did like more was the subtle details here,hence
me asking your state,i thought they were cloaked well and gave a reader a chance
to delve,and again like Alice has mentioned,I would of liked this to have been a bit
more lengthier really,nice short and enjoyable read..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 10:57pm
hey man, glad to see you back, you just disappeared and I dindt notice until now!

I will say tho, if you have no tongue, you wouldn't have a lisp.

aside from that, you have your rhymes strung together well, my biggest suggestion
would be to refrain from being such a creature of habit. add in some flavor by switching
up the rhyme schemes a bit more, add some other aspects to the piece other than just rhymes.
you seem to usually have the same rhyme scheme top to bottom, put in some transitionals, move rhymes to new places, I think it will improve your work.

Edited by Lord Puente - 28 February 2017 at 11:12pm
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 11:02pm
^^as funny as that statement is,your still required to leave feed when posting,(lol) pls, thank you..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic