Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [KOTAM] - Modest.
    Posted: 20 April 2017 at 4:25am

https://soundcloud.com/user37035975/kotam-modest

[KOTAM] - Modest.

im a rap god bustin' outta Asgard
coming at you raw like im fucking with the mask off
kill your whole squad, im more beast than a sasquatch
tearin' off your jaw, you've already spit your last vox

I be writing fire like im striking on a matchbox
since i was a child,  buried kids in the sandbox
quickly cut your throat, hide your body like you a mascot
leaving pussies bloodied these rappers forgot their tampons

---------

supreme regime, half human half machine,
out swim ya, while im swimmin' upstream
and im known to lower self esteem
pissin' off kids in this LA latrine

you know i spit it hot, gonna need sunscreen
droppin' bigger bombs than mister Trumps seen
weve been cutting down the crop and I rose as the cream
then selected the rest as my team

------------------

I stand behind my bars without prison in sight
yall be sugar coated, rapper's delight
and its looking like its 'bout lunch time
yall lookin' scrumptious, (I) gonna need a glass of white wine

sprinkle some sea salt and a tad of dried thyme
add the butter and the pepper freshly grind
roast ya up and I quickly get to dine
throw that bowl up like its field goal time

if im coolin' on the street best believe I got that heat
if im squaring these m c's its wit my genius energy
ive been bearing Albert E's flows at least a century
aint a single better than me in recent memories

my squad is made of stars, neek, cuba and Lord P
yall be walkin' while we runin the site's audio scene
adios, sayonara, foes fall, hasta manana
el latino de Habana with dreams Americana

-------------

Edited by Lord Puente - 20 April 2017 at 4:30am
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:08am
lmao! this was entertaining as fuck, son! reminds me of old school eminem with the different adlib personality. lyrics dope. if i had to give any type of constructive thoughts its enunciation. I suffer from the exact same thing, so we actually on the same boat. when ur syllables are in quick succession, the words tend to slurr; like it wasn't clear. other than that dope addition tot he kotam. and way to bring the audio side back, puta!

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:43am
Fml. Had feed. Pressed clear form. Lost it all.

Tldr version: dope, enunciation could some work as Sammy said. Voice fit beat really well.
#Bananas

Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:48pm
Thanks for it the feedback fellas. And endeavor, you can't just go around saying that on all your feeds, people catch on..
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:50pm
This is the first time, you deviant. Mostly I say posted from mobile.
#Bananas

rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:38pm
hahah this shit was dope fam. loved all the random singing in between verses, some dope bars, good flow. Yea, i can hear a few spots where enunciation suffered, but the lyrics helped ya out there. good execution and a nice presence bro. . just a really fun overall listen. 
Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 9:17pm
This was actually pretty dope you did a deadly job on the mix #replayvalue
Kind of reminded me of Mad Child a little bit,, nice drop
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:26pm
@rhet, yea this ended up being a fun track to record. Decided to have some fun with all the adlibs and voices. Thanks for the feed man, appreciate it.

@slip, I'm not even good at mixing lol, I rely on having a good recording lol. This has a a million pieces to intro and outro. Had bunch of gaps in it and I went back and started filling them up. Appreciate the listen and feed.

Glad y'all enjoyed it! Hope to see y'all in the kotam this month or next !
Kairo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kairo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 4:44pm
You already know how I feel about this one. I think this is one of, if not the, best audio you've sent me. So much swag, aggression, and bravado. Killlllled it. I agree with Sammy, the only thing I'd say is work on your enunciation in some parts. Everything else is gold.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 10:32pm
Lmao...you are a fucking hero bro. For real. You seem to step your game up everytime. This was awesome man.

I agree with some of the enunication talk but you had major major pluses in this one. Full of personality and character. Hugely entertaining. Love it.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 11:20pm
appreciate the feed fellas, only hope to keep improving.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 11:01pm
Those as libs were dope LP
Flow was fluids

Latrine had me lol
Sugar coated/ rappers delight was adding that clever thought process
I was really feeling the grimey touches in the vocals
And Bringing a couple food type bars was reppin the munch you are famed for

Never heard you before fam, would be cool to see a polished track from you in its fullness
This closed out too soon
Keep on it bruv

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #4
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 1:12am
You are really comin into your own on the mic. I remember just a couple months ago when you first started steady droppin AMs you were very raw and uncut, but you really are growin as in artist in the way you present yourself on the mic. Youre flow and delivery have really improved ten fold, and your bars are just your bars. You always delivered lyrically.

Overall, this is only another display of how much youre growing. Youre starting to unleash your potential and im anticipating to see where youre at in another couple months. This is one of the better KOTAMS ive heard thus far. Big big props.

Peace
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 3:30pm
thanks for the feed guys

spume, fuck off, its a three minute song, how much longer you want it to be?!?!?!

elite, thanks man, I just gotta keep climbing! you must be about to drop a fire kotam on the last day of the month!
Deathonađź’Ž View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Deathonađź’Ž Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:44am
Ouufff this shit reminds me so much of atmosphere x Eminem x AZ , the beat is fuking mental !!!!! This should easily Pass over 500 likes, old school funky trickster type of beat , y'all went all out with the funny ass small diologs inbtween verses

Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 1:21am
This was dope ( Up to about 2.10 then i was just like shut the fuck up Lp  ). This week was flex pieces and this was a proper flex piece i gotta give you that you had the a rounded concept going in most lines. Your presence and delivery had character you get your personality across in this. The rhymes weren't that complex and but they were constant and in the right places. My least favorite part was when you went off talking about food again but it wasn't bad or anything. Overall very entertaining. The ad libs gave it an extra kick. Although fatal wound always gonna sound weird. Your best work so far i'd say just by a cunt hair.
#bananas
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:08pm
Señor Bridge

I love that it sounds like you're clearly having fun with this. It was definitely entertaining. The vocals were a bit overloud for me, but it fits the type of verse and delivery.

Regarding the enunciation issue people have brought up, here's something more concrete since I'm procrastinating from something important:

When you say "kill your whole squad, im more beast than a sasquatch," I think taking out the "I'm" and letting the "squad" part breathe (it's a long syllable, like "raw" in the previous bar) could help the bar flow better. Your brain may not try to choke the end of the bar if you're relaxed enough to let the syllables breathe.

You already did it in this line:
"quickly cut your throat, hide your body like you a mascot"
when you omitted the "you." and in

"yall lookin' scrumptious, (I) gonna need a glass of white wine"
when you omitted the "I'm"

You can rap it as written, but the flow changes and it would have sounded more forced instead of how smooth it sounded.

In the second to last bar, I would have started the line later in the bar and taken out "foes fall." Not sure it needs to be there. I believe that anytime you can remove syllables without losing meaning, go for it.
Insert something rappy here
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:32am
Elite, spume, Rutter, Jesus, thank you all for the feedback, much appreciated. I'll focus more on clarity next time, thanks for the advice.
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:18am
phone auto corrected... don't let your head blow up too quick jehu
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

phone auto corrected... don't let your head blow up too quick jehu

Insert something rappy here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic