Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LA X [KOTAM]
    Posted: 24 April 2017 at 7:02pm

https://soundcloud.com/cubansoul-1/cuba-la-x

<Context>

This is a verse written a few years ago that I decided to try for this challenge to get a submission in. Also, I'm recording this onto a phone that I give the recording to Neek to try and work his magic, so the quality isn't great. I'm obviously aware of the pacing issues & that some of the words are mispronounced.

TLDR: Don't judge me too harshly!!
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 7:04pm
This is fucking dope Cuba. I fucks with it. The flow is a little rough in a few spots. However, given you don't rock mics often. This is dope homie. Nice bars tho without a doubt. Lmao @ the fast forward to 2023 bars. Aye, I look forward to hearing some more audio drops from you in the future. This was a nice listen. Good shit Cuba. You gotta drop more bro.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 7:07pm
lol KXNG CXBA injecting some life into this shit, good for you. I think I remember that verse too. Didn't you come back outta nowhere to drop that? Lyrics are there obviously and I think you know the shortcoming so I wont' lambaste you with them. I think if you had way more time on your hands than you do, this could have been polished to a solid point. As is, came across as more of a framework than a completed product but I'm sure it'll fufil it's purpose. 
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 7:16pm
You know what Cuba i liked it,what i feel you lack is confidence, you don't sound bad
at all,your even brave enough to to raise and lower your pitch,even speed up and slow
it down for that matter,but you have a slight nervous sound,get over this and you'll be
fire,shit you make the British accent sound good,but i will give you credit for doing
this via phone...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 1:23am
werd, i can echo whats been said. If you just stayed inside the pocket i know your flow would be nasty. Are you rapping into a cell phone or something? lol you need a pop filter bad, but anyways. . the lyrics are dope. . i fucks with em, and the vibe was just really cool my man. Keep em dropping 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:21am
lol, i like the random melody flow. yeah this was not as bad as u probably think, bossman. u got the swag down, for real. You sound very comfortable with ur delivery. you just need to work WITH the beat. Once ur comfortable working the beat u should be on ur way, my man. again, not a bad effort my man. salute!

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 3:04am
The timing was the only problem I had with it. Just make sure you have the beat playing so it makes it easier on whoever's mixing it. I like the use of melody. It shows a growing comfort with rapping your words out loud, and it shows that you're thinking about how it's gonna sound on a track when you write it.
Insert something rappy here
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 9:10pm
It's really not too bad man
I commend your attempts to bring character to the piece, using the voice to stress an emphasise in places
I think the flow needs work it was evident in the way you had to spit some words as broken up syllables instead of fluid transitions
I think a bit of ironing out and a dose of self belief, maybe some better lyrics and there is potential
Relax and feel the beat....

Cool to see you on sunfin different

Laughed at the J5 line..That guy was my mentor but when I definitely beat him in a battle he still never lost
I never new at the time my homie had voted for himself TWICE. LOL
DOPE WRITER THOUGH
Keep up the audio mate I might join you soon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic