Author
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [KOTA] SELF HYPE
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 6:52am
Far from perfect, but y'all already know the story -- no studio, no equipment, just a voice and an IPhone up late at night. I was gonna clean it up and fix some obvious mistakes, but fuck it...I'll just drop what I got -- rough, rugged, and raw. Real "freestyle" shit. Not off the dome, but y'all know what I mean. Check it!

https://soundcloud.com/user-695019110/self-hype
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 7:11am
i honestly felt the raw recording gave it a really ill ambient. the consequence scheme was ill as fuck to me. your delivery and emphasis really came through there. in fact the whole 2nd half was ill son. The first half u can tell u was kind easing in as u sound more stoic. But when u got comfortable.....woorrrrddddd. its only a matter of time bro. and when that time come, its gonna be craazy! keep doing it. seriously! 

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:19am
Technically you're a few days late, but ıma let it slide because 1) it's another contribution and 2) I'm also a few days late lmaoooo

Keep an eye out for my write up tonight, I'll have the feedback in there.
#Bananas

Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:45am
I like the bouncy flow your bringing here bro when you got to that take off like a rocket ship Russian to the moon like solviots and communist I had to rewind it a little I'm digging this drop
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:46am
This was really impressive I gotta say.

Will drop more feed later.
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:10am
That's dope man
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:47pm
Dope shit bruh. I'm feeling that flow and the lyrics were nice as fuck. I'm looking forward to everybody coming back around for the next one. 
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 3:38pm
shoulda called it power of self lol but I digress....

now im mad confused tho when you said that one thing would be up my lane..was it this or what I thought it was lol..apparently both.

anyway - you one take this? thats some thuggery.. too many god damn lines to quote but two of my favorites was -

praise be to Allah but im praying to 2pacalypse

and the stomp you outcho moccasins line lol

but legit tho...toooooo many fucking quotables

also, if you still havev the raw vocals, mind if I try my hand at a mix for fun? I really wanna work on as much lofidelity stuff as possible and maybe make a tutorial to help cats out who just wanna lay shit down but dont want to make any investments in equipment.

dope shit self
#Bananas
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 5:16pm
This was really impressive like I said. This is the closest I've gotten t to thinking why bother. Your spitting skills are advanced man I gotta say. Your breath control, flow, and ability to manipulate the rhymes were crazy here. Your as good as anyone on here audio wise no doubt dude. You managed to get a really nice balance of content in there as well. Like neek said to many parts to quite. You can do thing I just can't do yet lol how you bounced back n fourth between schemes was really cool, felt effortless. lyrically the best entry no doubt.
#bananas
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 5:54pm
RIP your pen and phone. Way to ride those schemes while still dropping BOMBS in the process, reminded me of a Chain verse with the lyrics at times. Good shit using the entire beat too. Only critique I could possibly give was a voice for improvement wit the paused you had going. Its like you were all in with the flow, paused, then immediately all in wit the flow again. I think if you staggered the intensity, especially in those areas, it coulda created a cool effect. Like give the people some basic shit for a bar or two to put the complex shit in perspective. 

But all in all, incredible submission. Proof that you don't need shit but a pen and phone to compete in these. Respect
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 5:55pm
Rutt, I be honest. Spitting all those different syllables for 4 straight minutes with only two or three pauses damn near killed me. Seriously. My gotdamn head almost exploded. Lol. I actually I had another version of this which was much cooler in terms of delivery. It was more raspy and animated. But with no breaks for air it became a strain on my voice.

But, whenever I get around to redoing this I'll attempt that style again. Then I'll see if Neek can put a nice finish over it.

OAN

Thanks for all the feed. Much appreciated. I'll return the favors shortly.

Respect.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

RIP your pen and phone. Way to ride those schemes while still dropping BOMBS in the process, reminded me of a Chain verse with the lyrics at times. Good shit using the entire beat too. Only critique I could possibly give was a voice for improvement wit the paused you had going. Its like you were all in with the flow, paused, then immediately all in wit the flow again. I think if you staggered the intensity, especially in those areas, it coulda created a cool effect. Like give the people some basic shit for a bar or two to put the complex shit in perspective. 

But all in all, incredible submission. Proof that you don't need shit but a pen and phone to compete in these. Respect

I 100% agree with that. I was actually talking to Sammy about that before I posted this up. I'll try to execute that the next go round. In fact, whenever we drop the crew collab. Thanks the listen, bro. Much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic