Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DTK Lyrical Report Finished
    Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:32am

https://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-lyrical-report

Finished this track and I beilieve its my best yet, obviously its not perfect but large steps are being taken in the right direction. Any and all feed is appreciated as it seems hard to come by nowadays

Cheers
The original comeback kid
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:56am
Delivery was very clear and your flow was solid through out. You finished very strong and lyrically your multis, vocab and themes were hitting strong. A few lines felt more wordy than smooth especially in the hook around 1:04, and early it felt a bit swingy in the flow but you kicked out of that pretty quick so I'll write that off as a choice I felt didn't work than a critique. Otherwise I loved everything. Other than the mixing. That didn't work for me, too harsh and filtered(?). 

Really good drop. I agree, it was a huge step forward in delivery, well done. I can tell you took the takes and reps it deserved.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 5:46am
Your flow matched the old school beat well, and the hook was perfect for this type of beat. Took it back to the 90s. Wish you didn't EQ the highs up so much. Every S sounds like a stab in the eardrums at high volumes. The multis starting at 1:37 were incredible. Hook should be a little louder. Large steps being taken into the right direction indeed.
Insert something rappy here
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 11:04am
I literally never edited this track at all. Cubase has a "hip hop" pre set that I use because I have no idea how to edit yet. I've gotta sit down and learn the software more

Thank you both
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 9:01pm
Yep i liked it,your vibe/tone had a summery bounce attached to it and your delivery/
presence was good,i really do like to hear scratching on a beat so that worked for
me,and the piano had a surprise sound running throughout this track which i also
liked,your contents were nice,your multi's/same sounding vowels was a plus in the
flow department also,and in truth the beat did lack bass,but it didn't hamper the track
overall,even your similes were solid,yeah good work enjoyed this..peace.   
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:38am
Thanks a lot Crim, good looks dude
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic