Audio Mic: DTK - Family Due's (Freestyle)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DTK - Family Due's (Freestyle)
    Posted: 18 August 2017 at 3:29am
Went down and wrote/recorded this tonight to get some shit off my chest. Any feed is appreciated, I'll try to return feed as well I've just been busy with IRL.

The original comeback kid
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 5:17am
Was driving home wit this. First off...the emotion was there. Nobody can deny how authentic the mood was. The lyrics bled pain. You still struggle with flow but who the hell cares.Everyone should be able to relate. Thumbs up bro. Keep talkin bout that real shit.I got a brother thats caught up also.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 11:15am
Thanks Que, you're always looking out. Sorry to hear your brother as well, stay up.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 12:25pm
I've never had this happen before but it won't play here and when I go to sound cloud it says that it can't be played in mobile. Weird, I've never not been able to play anything off my phone.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

I've never had this happen before but it won't play here and when I go to sound cloud it says that it can't be played in mobile. Weird, I've never not been able to play anything off my phone.

No shit? Can you click the link below, it's direct..just wondering if that works
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 3:40pm
I think it was a SoundCloud isssue. I swear I clicked the link below and it took me there and that's where it said couldn't play for mobile. The actual embed would just Dimm and not start when I clicked play.

Link working now and so is the embedding. Must have been a SoundCloud glitch. I'll peep this after work.
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 4:12pm
I honestly think the beat was a distraction.... just the vocals alone makes this a good listen. Very strong sincere vibe, most definitely relatable content. I'm not gonna really give feedback cause this seems like a track needed to be done, and heard, not broken down and analyzed , I think you accomplished what you set to, elements aside , sometymes shit just needs to be said aloud and that's what makes this dope. Keep at it.
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 8:07pm
yeah, I pretty much agree with these hooligans... technical aspects aside, this was a cool joint. seemed a tad surface and a bit on the "rappy" side, but personal shit is the best shit. also, I was waiting for the drums :( this shit needed some hard ass drums.

but definitely a step toward progression for sure. keep at it.

any "RTF" type shit: vote the tag battle.
#Bananas
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 9:22pm
I liked this, the meaning/message/lyrics and the flow was pretty close to being in pocket. Def an improvement from the last things. Overall this was good, but you know Ima give you a critique to improve. For this one my biggest advise, is to play with your delivery. Not that it didn't have emotion, it did, but I would have played with the sound of my voice a bit more. I feel as if there was a tad bit of too much aggression in the voice and by changing your sound a bit the message would bleed thru the song to the listener.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 10:54pm
I'm not even talking about minor flow issues or the learning curve

I'm just in here to say this joint you done is so fucking relatable
Dope shit, respect for putting it out there,
It's like you have realised the path to greatness is a journey from the heart, the only way is up now fam regardless of the outcomes
Stay real brother

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 12:30am
Thanks all, I sincerely appreciate it
J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-7-3
Form: WWWNNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J Sass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 11:06pm
Its not playin for me...pissin me off i swear
J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-7-3
Form: WWWNNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J Sass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 11:21pm
Downloaded the app..i loved it bro..i just like when u say how u feel..its a couple things that vould have been worded better..but as long as u said what u wanted to say..im rockin with it..good shyt
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 6:27pm
This was nice.. straight from the heart, no bullshit. I agree with some of the others guys about the beat, but that wasn't what was important here

"You can delete a picture but the vision remains"

That line was I'll as fuck. Sounds like some shit I would write..

Dope shit man.
+Sick-Witted+
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 10:37pm
I really liked this,the start came off as moody and eerie plus the beat was nice and
simple,which was a good thing as it made the listener concentrate in the lyrics 1st,
In a weird way it made what you said more profound,you had good content within
here,questioning the father and son relationship,and the adding of the other sibling
and the effects on him was a solid inclusion,a track that has replay value stamped
all over it,in which i will reolay too as soon as i've finished up here,solid track bro.
peace.    
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2017 at 3:09pm
I liked this beat. Shit was smooth. The first few lines I was hooked in. Up until properly. When you got to the cautiously the flow started to cone off. Flow is a grind. Keep working on it. I dug this mainly cause the emotion behind it. Just work on that flow homie. Once you get that you got it.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic