Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RosenBoss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-2-0
Form: LL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RosenBoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle practice
    Posted: 08 September 2018 at 3:01am
You couldn't get "wings" if you was an "amped" up "rockstar"
I'm flying through rings like a hammer hand boxer
No opponent around can stop nor block my fist
I'll take "five" and let this swivel in your spit
Turnin "grills" into skillets to fry a pancake
Earnin' thrills before I kill it for a "fans" sake
Catching "blades" between lines is your pass time
"Coked" up fades to black should be your tag line
Undercover lyracist ya more like delusional
I'll steal your lover no rapist but rough contusional
My love marks bared in sight for your delivery
Each one like a stamp placed right to remember me
No return postage unable to return to sender
Serving no hostess to be the boss game ender
Cheat codes can't beat me no secret sequence
Street modes can heat me so secrete defence
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 4:12am
so first off, the flow is basic but focused and the pace was good. some whitty lines mixed in with some. . not boring, but just rhymes ya know? almost felt like there was moments where you was pulling punches. not that it takes anything away from your verse, but i was wondering why you quoted certain words in the first half to emphasize some of the punches. . but then, you just abandoned it in the second half? 

anyway. . keep moving that pen bro . . .  i can see that "rust" falling off
RosenBoss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RosenBoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 4:27am
Thanks Rhet. Did it help create emphasis when the quotes were used? I did half with and half without to get feedback on which style is better. I thought it was a cool way to emphasize word play but wasn't sure how that would be received.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 4:29am
imo, we are intelligent enough to put it together without quotes. only when flipping words like (forfeit / 4 fit) do i find quotations useful. . .  
RosenBoss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RosenBoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 4:37am
Makes sense. I hope I didn't offend by using the quotes. I wasn't trying to imply you aren't intelligent. I'll make note of that for the future.
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 4:39am
Originally posted by RosenBoss RosenBoss wrote:

Makes sense. I hope I didn't offend by using the quotes. I wasn't trying to imply you aren't intelligent. I'll make note of that for the future.

nah your good fam,  not offended at all. . im just sayin, most people been writing long enough that they can put it together without having to spell everything out. . when you feel its something that may go over someones head, then yea, quote it. . when its obvious though. .its not needed 
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 10:58pm
Sup Boss,

I though this was a pretty decent practice verse.
Better without "quotes" which read to me like the text equivalent of exaggerated hand gestures. And some of the punches come off weak, but that's understandable without an opponent to face.
You seem to have the elements there, I pretty sure it'll click into place when you breathe the much needed life into our battlefield.

One point though
Quote Cheat codes can't beat me no secret sequence
Street modes can heat me so secrete defence
Was that what they call an Eye-Rhyme
Aka looks like it might rhyme but doesn't?

In either case I'm not feeling secret/secrete or sequence/defence ... unless it's an accent thing
RosenBoss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RosenBoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 12:21am
Ridley, thanks.

Not sure about the eye-rhyme or accent thing. It might be a bit of both. I figure secret and secrete is close enough to be a slant rhyme, something from my peotry days. I read the latter as SEE-qwince and DEE-dence - maybe it was an emphasis in my head that didn't translate to paper.

Regardless, thanks for the feedback. I need to pull out my computer and catch up my feedback for others. I find it hard to quote and respond with thought on my phone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic