Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hyperactive View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-0
Form: WWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hyperactive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True love...
    Posted: 17 September 2018 at 8:40am
I know that I'm not perfect either
But how long is this worth it even?
What's the point when no one is trying
On either side, I guess we can't see a reason
Used to know you better than I know myself
Now we're just strangers, no emotions felt
Saying we're sorry just to keep the peace
After every outburst that hits below the belt
So we'll move past it and make amends
For the children's sake, and they pretend
That they can't see through our illusion
Hopefully they're too young to comprehend
If we continue to play this game
I don't know how long I can take the pain
From the same old song and dance
I guess the more that things change, they stay the same

Things never change and it makes me sick
We place the blame on each other every chance we get
Fuck all your bullshit, no more feeling like a piece of shit
I'm done. 

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 10:21am
Yo, I loved it man. Being with waifu for 8 years we been through ups and down and this resonated with me. The only difference was that our son felt the tension and acted accordingly. And now? We're fucking better than ever. So that's my life story lmao.

Technique wise this wasn't all that special, but fuck technique anyway. If shit sounds good, it sounds good. This sounded good to me. I couldn't flow it on a beat but that's probably because I just mad weird beats fam.
#Bananas

iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 1:41pm
Get rid of the last 3-4 lines after "they stay the same"... It was the perfect closer. This was pretty refreshing to see. It was smooth and as End mentioned earlier, the technique was lacking, but it still worked. Sometimes overcomplicating things does just that. I appreciated this, my favorite bars were the opener and closer.

Good work.
Hyperactive View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 3-0-0
Form: WWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hyperactive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 2:32pm
Thanks for the feed guys, much appreciated. Just started typing and that's where it took me. The last few lines were basically the start of a chorus, but I just left it at that and logged off. Maybe I'll add on to it in the future. 
Again, thanks for the feedback.
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 4:18pm
i liked the rhyme scheme, and the emotional aspect was there. i would have personally liked to see the vocabulary heightened a bit as it was portrayed using just very common choice of words, coupled with a topic that gets done many times over (myself included). . just seems like you could have reached farther into your bag of tools to find devices that would give it that extra umph. I will say, this would probably transfer to audio really well. anyway. . cool piece, keep the pen moving
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic