Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Wins
    Posted: 05 November 2018 at 7:49pm

https://soundcloud.com/steve-clark-67/small-wins

couldn't really mix, pan, or make the hook more prominent or be able to fade the beat after the second hook.. first song in 8 years and done on a phone, ill take it
barrybondz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barrybondz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 11:48pm
You are an artist. I wish I was 1/4 as good as you on the mic. Pretty solid for a phone man.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 4:36am
first off..beats dope..

lehhhgoo...been awhile...

in the eyes of these young dudes...

whatever will her son do?

flowers for the grave...

cookin cause im all in...

yo.. this hook is dope as fuck haha...

this man said bald like babies head...jesus christ iLL haha..

yo this shit real dope.

I have the vocals btw, so lemme know whatcha trying to do..but im trying to lay a verse to this. lemme know thug.

shits dope tho. for real.
#Bananas
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 11:02am
Barry thanks for the quick feed. Keep practicing

Neek, I’m glad you liked it. I’ll hit your PM on discord about my vision for this. I wasn’t sure you received access to the g drive and i tried to mix this bitch as an entire track, as you can see. Lmao hard fail. Trust me, G. I thought the hook was catchy too, on some Nipsey shit and I’m terrible at hooks so I was pleased. Appreciate the look.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 11:56am
Besides the sound quality (via the use of a phone),i thought this ripe,the beat itself
had an appeal all its own,catchy like a trawlers net at sea,i liked the fact it was raw
and not polished,gave the vibe more substance on listening,and the vocals/content
although diminished still kept hold of my attention span,wasn't a big fan of the hook
though,but then you can't please all the ppl all of the time eh,on the whole i enjoyed
the 4 minutes or so here,and i'll be giving it another whirl on my way home too,as its
definitely has replay value...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 1:08pm
Crim thanks for the feed. I think once Neek gets his mitts on this the replay value will be Ben more.
Loose Logic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Loose Logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 3:47pm
i listened to this yesterday but didn't have time to feed it yet..

i really admire your rhyme scheme and your use of multi's and internal rhymes with audio.. not a lot of people do that much anymore.. 

I do like the hook.. it reminds me of some 90's hip hop... 

you have some nice lines in there ... it is really a shame this is recorded on a phone.. but for being on a phone... it's not bad quality wise 

now... for what to work on... flow could be tightened up and delivery/emotion could be stronger (i know ... recording on a phone... don't want it to get distorted.. so i am not holding that against you)

Hook could be tightened up as well... but I like the feel of it a lot... brings me back to when i was younger.. 

beat choice was dope... 

you remind me of my buddy that I started out spitting with back in the day in my area.. 

good shit! keep at it!
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 4:18pm
iLL this is a good listen, I'm feeling the hook, it is quite catchy, I'd like to hear it a bit polished. Beat is super laid back and chill, your flow is smooth and compliments the beat well. I was on my second listen while I was typing this. I was already convinced the first listen ... upon the second, I'm dedicated, this will get many more plays. Diggin the vibe on this.

Thanks for sharing.
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 7:21pm
That’s cool hearing how you sound on a beat
I never heard you before brother
You got a soulful sound no doubt, for me the hook and its delivery was sweet
I loved the struggle vibe you went for with the concept and its lyrics
The lyrics were dope throughout the whole track and the laid back flow really suited your voice and the beat
I reckon if you was to spit this a load of times you would make it grow in character and sound awesome
Mad inspirational homie
Got me trawler through some beats and looking at my phone

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic