Author
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-2-0
Form: LWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game of Thrones
    Posted: 22 August 2017 at 12:50am
So i didn't see any recent topics but I KNOW I can't be the only one watching this.

Last nights' episode has probably had me the most hyped since idk season 5 or 6.

FAIR WARNING : SPOILERS BELOW

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 3:00am
For sure, a lot going on now. I love the back and forth between the two parties and things escalating. I knew something was coming and you knew some shit was going to go down... What happened made sense as far as progressing.. When those eyes turned blue tho. So excited about whats to come
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 3:14pm
I predicted what the Night King did at least 2 seasons ago. Before this season started some script info leaked online and that made me even sure about what he was going to do, and to whom. After all he was named after someone that no one liked. 

Sidenote, I am loving the subtle comedy this season more than others. 

Some of my favorite things I laughed hard at were : (direct spoliers)

- the look on Sansa's face when she realized Arya's "list" is Real. 
"Who else is on that list?"

- Tomund Giantsbane's obsession with Brienne of Tarth.
"Brienne of fucking Tarth threw me off a cliff" "God I wish that was me"
"I want to make babies with her, think of them great big giant monsters, they'd conquer the world"

- Bronn.

- Gendry
reminds me of the Justice League trailer.
"Stop right there, I'm in"

- Tyrion and Varys
"Did you read it?" "It's a sealed scroll for the King of the North" ".....what's it say?" "nothing good"

and then there's The Hound ... whose boredom quite literally caused a butterfly effect they weren't ready for.

I think I'm missing some stuff but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 3:43pm
The Night King is one of my favourite characters...he's by far the best war strategist in the whole game of thrones.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 5:11pm
When the hound said this is what I saw in the fire. It's the exact same place where the children of the Forrest had there little stone henge.
#bananas
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

The Night King is one of my favourite characters...he's by far the best war strategist in the whole game of thrones.

So far he's pretty one dimensional.

1. Raise dead
2. Kill living
3. Raise more dead
4. ?????
5. Conquer the world
#Bananas

Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 6:57pm
Regarding this season. 
Tho it's becomming more predictable and rushed, it's still a blast to watch.

Badass characters: Bron, Tormund, Hound, dragons, NK
Character that lost glare: Tyrion, Jamie, Littlefinger, 

Btw, If you like GOT you should check out the First Law book trilogy. 

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

So far he's pretty one dimensional.

1. Raise dead
2. Kill living
3. Raise more dead
4. ?????
5. Conquer the world

I hear what you're saying but his mystique adds to his impact. Obviously he doesn't talk but he always seems one step ahead of everyone. The dragon thing was perfect example...he had overwhelming numbers on John Snow but he waited for the dragons.

Even that "ambush" felt staged. Why would a white walker be going through somewhere like that with so few 'dead army' guys with him? The whole thing felt like it was a setup to get the dragon.

That's why I'm saying he's the best in terms of military strategy. What did he lose from that battle? Some expendable soldiers, but he acquired the dragon. Similar story with the Dragon glass
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 12:49am

I hear what you're saying but his mystique adds to his impact. Obviously he doesn't talk but he always seems one step ahead of everyone. The dragon thing was perfect example...he had overwhelming numbers on John Snow but he waited for the dragons.

Even that "ambush" felt staged. Why would a white walker be going through somewhere like that with so few 'dead army' guys with him? The whole thing felt like it was a setup to get the dragon.

That's why I'm saying he's the best in terms of military strategy. What did he lose from that battle? Some expendable soldiers, but he acquired the dragon. Similar story with the Dragon glass

That's true I didn't even think about that. He could have easily over powered the GOT suicide squad but somehow he KNEW Daenerys was coming with Dragons and decided to wait it out. 

this season leaves me with alot of questions/thoughts though....

1. If the children of the forest, could put a spell on Benjin to keep him from passing the wall, why couldn't/didn't they apply the same spell to the wight walkers and prevent the whole damn army of the dead from crossing?

2. Where tf are the Children of the Forest atm? In the cave at Dragonstone, Jon and Dany look at the hieroglyphics that prove they worked with humans to fight in the War for the Dawn, why aren't they helping now the Wight Walkers were their creation afterall. 

3. If the prophecy of Azor Ahai is to be true, and it's either Jon or Daenerys, then the other pretty much is guaranteed to die (of course in Dany's case, Jon may not be her Nissa Nissa, she's already sacrificed her greatest human love in Drogo, but ....Drogon seems to be the only Other thing she could sacrifice to gain that power)

4. Will Arya at least get to witness The Mountain and Cersei die since I believe they are the only 2 left on her list, on and Melisandre ....unless she adds Littlefinger.

Also things I want to see before the series ends.

1. Daenerys meets Lyanna Mormont and Arya Stark

oh and I almost forgot I completely 100% whole heartedly blame Tyrion for Dany taking those 2 L's in Episode 3 I think it was....... 

Here's why.

Tyrion knows the crown's finance situation he has known for quite some time, Varys too but the only thing that makes him less guilty atm is Tyrion is The Hand, and it was ultimately his plan and advice that was followed. 

Tyrion knew the crown was going bankrupt along with the Lannister fortune and the debt to the Iron Bank way back in Season 2 when he was The Hand to Joffrey. Even after he was demoted as Tywin stepped in as The Hand, he was the Keeper of Coin, he knew where money was going and coming from. 

Tyrion even helped arrange marriages to keep the fucking Crown from going bankrupt, that's why he sent Marcella to Dorne. He was even aware of the other marriage arrangements to keep the crown afloat, when he was forced to marry Sansa, to keep the North, and Margaery/Joffrey's marriage along with Cersei/Loras arragements were to collect the Tyrell army and gold. 

Which leads me to why I blame him, if Cersei has enemies in every direction, and she is trying to fund a Losing war, the ONLY FUKCING MOVE she has on the board is to sack Highgarden. Casterly Rock was a waste of time. Sure nobody could have predicted that Euron and his Iron Fleet would catch Yara off guard, but if the Unsullied were protecting Highgarden instead of sacking a useless castle, Dany could have rode her Dragons in and caught Euron off guard.

Everybody knew Tyrion was going for The Rock. He let his emotional attachment and ego cloud his better judgement. 

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 1:30am
Rude your recollection of finite details perplexes me. You fuckin nailed on it on the subtle comedic moments, I definitely related to all of them hahah. 

Easter eggs like Rutt pointed out regarding the Stone Henge being at the place the Hound saw are so freakin coooool
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 11:47am
@Rude there's a pretty compelling theory on the Night King but won't share it here as it's pretty big spoilers if true...

I think all the remaining Children of the Forest were killed by the White Walkers when they attacked Bran et al and killed the previous 3 eyed raven.

Tyrion did fuck up but I think it was through him underestimating Cersei more than anything else. The logical move would be to take the gold but she's generally been ruled by her heart and has made reckless moves up until this point.

I think it's getting a bit more "Hollywood" in that there aren't as many shocking deaths as there used to be. I'm personally finding the dramatic tension is a bit reduced as when it was the books any character could go at any time. Whereas now it's all a bit...oooo someones going into a perilous position, oh look they got out unscathed. Whereas before everyone would've died!!
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 1:44am
Another high comedic point was when the Hound was asked if he'd like a pull of rum and said something to the effect of "fuck no, that shits too sweet"
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 6:45pm

@Rude there's a pretty compelling theory on the Night King but won't share it here as it's pretty big spoilers if true...

I think all the remaining Children of the Forest were killed by the White Walkers when they attacked Bran et al and killed the previous 3 eyed raven.

Tyrion did fuck up but I think it was through him underestimating Cersei more than anything else. The logical move would be to take the gold but she's generally been ruled by her heart and has made reckless moves up until this point.

I think it's getting a bit more "Hollywood" in that there aren't as many shocking deaths as there used to be. I'm personally finding the dramatic tension is a bit reduced as when it was the books any character could go at any time. Whereas now it's all a bit...oooo someones going into a perilous position, oh look they got out unscathed. Whereas before everyone would've died!!

I haven't checked into theories about him, I always thought the story was he was once a Lord Commander of the Night's Watch who sided with the Wight Walkers. 

I haven't read any of the books btw I'm waiting for the show to finish, that way it doesn't taint my love of the show since I know so much got changed. 

I still blame Tyrion, I think he knows he fucked up and he blamed himself as well. But I forgot to say I also think there is a Traitor in Dany's camp. Process of elimination - can't be Missande I just don't ever see that shit happening, It COULD be Tyrion although it's not likely. I feel like the immediate blame would be Varys, because she literally threatened him for doing just that, but then it'd be too obvious. Which doesn't leave many candidates, Couldn't have been Jorah, he was in the Citadel looking for a cure. I'm feeling like Theon tried to cut a deal to get his sister back, but that'd be suicidal for such a weak/easily scared character. I guess we shall see this week. 

I feel like the finale will have at least 2 major deaths, and possibly a 3rd. 

I know (SPOILERS BELOW)

George R.R. Martin when he was pitching the book as a trilogy, said 5 main characters were supposed to live. but this is HBO we're talking about and they are infamous with changing source material, so I assume they will kill at least 2-3 of those 5 just to say "Ha, you thought they were safe" Probably why like you said ppl keep cheating death to keep ppl on the edge of their seats. I was kind of let down with the fact that they brought Benjin in this week as a deus ex machina. There was NOTHING about this episode that even hinted he'd be around. Honestly I expected Rhaegal to fly back and get Jon. Since 3 dragons left dragonstone but the only one seen flying away was Drogon, and we know what happened to Viserion (I'm assuming it was Viserion, it makes sense since Viserys was such an expendable character his namesake would be too, though aside from Drogon, they don't make the dragons as color oriented as they started out)
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 2:08pm
Apparently there was a spell put on the Wall to stop the army of the dead crossing, which is why Benjin couldn't cross. I've read more about it today & won't share as possible spoilers for people. Let's just say it adds weight to my thoughts on the Night King!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic