Audio Mic: GDub - Aleister Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GDub - Aleister Crowley
    Posted: 17 November 2018 at 7:35am
I recorded this in a professional studio and had my producer Chiefen Ethan edit my vocals. He didn't make the beat so he couldn't mix and master the audio. Let me know what you think of it.

https://youtu.be/v434zVcPRkM
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 4:53pm
Yeah this was decent in vocab and wordplay,but your flow/mic presence was
suspect,it sounded like you was reading the verse whilst recording it,and for
me it was noticeable,(not that i Rap myself let me just add here),and i also feel
Neek,Doom,Elite,or Puente could expand better than i can on that,i will type
though,overall i did like it for its gritty-ness,just work on your delivery..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
GDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 8:58pm
That's probably because I was reading my verse while recording. I write 2-3 songs in a few days and record in the same week so I don't have time to memorize every bar on each song so I end up reading it while spitting my verses.

What do you mean by mic presence? I keep hearing this and I just Google it but I couldn't find anything useful so maybe you could explain it to me.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 10:41pm
I'd work on your writing before you devote any serious time or money on the audio side of things. At this point, its like your talking for the sake of talking when it comes to your content. Imagine rapping with people talking, be more like someone given a well prepared speech than someone saying random as fuck all over the place shit, if you know what I mean. Don't start writing until you have something to write about. Random references like the scorpion shit early on detract anything you've built. Cliche stuff like puffing the bong all night long made me turn the song off. Most of the things I disliked about this would be remedied by starting off with a concept instead of writing down the first rhymes that come into your head. Be more picky with what you say. 

Stick with it, take criticisms to heart but don't get too offended and you'll see improvement
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by GDub GDub wrote:

That's probably because I was reading my verse while recording. I write 2-3 songs in a few days and record in the same week so I don't have time to memorize every bar on each song so I end up reading it while spitting my verses.

What do you mean by mic presence? I keep hearing this and I just Google it but I couldn't find anything useful so maybe you could explain it to me.

As i stated it was noticeable,

And as for mic presence i'm talking about pitch/tone,in parts you sounded shaky when upping and lowering the tone to get into character/switching up of your voice,it sounded forced due to some slight pauses in the process,(i hope that helps explain things a bit
better)..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic