Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Who-Is-You? View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Who-Is-You? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get On My Level
    Posted: 10 December 2017 at 4:14am
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 4:32am
Fit the beat perfect, some real dope flow there, some funny lines and word play. I could have done without the first 38 seconds of vocals, the rest is just so dope and that part is.. fine. It doesn't sound bad but for me I'd prefer just the beat building to your verse and that would be a dope way to start off an EP or mixtape or something. 

Very very good verse though, and your sound is great.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Who-Is-You? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 4:45pm
Thanks bro. Your feedback means a lot! 
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 9:49pm
Yo Shawn,

First off I'm gonna do you a favour and just basically tell you to stop singing. It's not something to be embarrassed about but some people just can't fucking do it, anyways moving on. Flow wise this sounds decent, I listened to it in my car because my mixing headphones sound low on everything and I'd say your overall mix can he turned down a bit. The quality of the recording was OK at best, who mixes are stuff? What kind of gear are you working with? The thing that bothered me the most was that track about relationships on your soundcloud page. You have the audacity to drop a fucking picture of yourself with your shirt off as the background pic of the track, you need to understand I WANNA BE SUPPORTIVE. But I'm sitting here mumbling out insults like I got fucking turrets every time I see it.

Anyways if you can I'd try to get your hands on a better Mic or work on mixing some more
The original comeback kid
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Who-Is-You? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 9:57pm
Lol well once you listen to it on a non personal level and judge the art, not the person making the art, you will not be so critical. Until then, you just still mad for nothin. 
Thanks for listenin tho. for real
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Who-Is-You? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 9:59pm
and btw, this is just made off of a janky home studio. I take most of my shit to a real studio. This was just like part of a mixtape project
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:17pm
I gotta cosign eddie here. the intro threw the shit off. you needed to use a really heavy delay to make that work. otherwise, I thought the fact you stick to the midwest formula is cool. most folks conform to whats current in their sound and neglect their own region. I used to listen to a shitton of crucial conflict and do or die.. so that was cool to hear.

cool beans man. cool beans.
#Bananas
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 11:19pm
Yeah was cool to hear my fellow tradesman up in here again
Been a while since I heard you drop an audio fam

I love how you control that voice
Just after you say ....I POP.... WOW that switch was dope sounding, and then that switch of pace, cool
Also that raw unrefined feel was nice
Keep on it main

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 11:57pm
this was dope. I personally didn't mind the intro. I enjoyed it. my biggest disappointment was seeing this a year old tho. would like ot hear new drops from you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic