Author
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 11:03pm
So if someone dropped 4 OMs in the space of a week (for example) or even if LAX did it (cuz he drops a good few in a row) - and used an Abu Quatada 'play' in each drop - nobody would pick up on it and comment?

GTFOH

Can't be one for one, n one for another. But anywayz
Swift Styles View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-4-1
Form: WWLWNL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2012 at 11:07pm
But my lines are still played out because someone used a form of them years ago. 

J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 12-7-3
Form: WWWNNN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 5:44am
damn this isa hot topic....ima break this down and vote ina second.....

and for tha Record....i aint seen none of them Point Plays either...soooooooooooooooo they was nice to me....

damn now ima get bitched at when i vote...lol

Sass
J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 6:30am

You battled Ram and Gemos, we had no doubt you'd be surviving them
The reason your only 3 stars cuz you suck to much for 5 of em

pretty nice opener...i aint gone say it was a strong punch...but it was a nice Jab

And this is the man I'm facing?,  I got here wreckin vets
I can understand your frustration, being seen as second best

nice...hit em on his status...solid punch

Since O's not in the ranking, Your seen favored in the 1 spot
But Blank aint got a chance to hit just like an empty gunshot

now yall say "played", i say hot..im jus sayin

Most would be intimitaded when they look into ya record
I realize lining up at Point blank takes minimal effort

this was just aight...i see where you was goin with it...but i dont think it had that much sting

Your avatar is dracula? Man, Vampires are for posers
And there hasnt been a more pathetic vampire SINCE Bram Stoker's

eeeehhhhh, i got mixed feelings about that bar...but it was aight...another one with less sting

Joker..I write Fire, Its evident that Dean's just not as hot
My Drop'll have Point Blank folding like an autobot

i like that tranformers foldin shyt...that was pretty coo

P aint a champ, Honestly this Faggot must be joking
When you need the hommie chain just to balance out your opens

thats what i been waitin for...get them personal shots goin..nice

Prepare to get a smokin', Ive come to far to live and let be
Especially, cuz burning Pb's the only way that' he'd be deadly

nice....that was solid

This tournament is mine, This battle's open shut
Im Smashing on PB as if he was roasted nuts

(Puase)this is prolly tha only line in your whole verse that i wish you woulda never SAID!!!!!!!!!!! please jus take it back...tell me you'll take it back

Its over cuz I posted up, Know that swift dont miss a joint
And Challenging this Wankers the only time Ill diss-a-point

shyt i thought that line was hot....straight niceness

I cant dismiss the point.. Im easily downing this fucker
Cuz this dude changed his image from a clown into a sucker!

aight real shyt...this closer wasnt a heavy one...but it was still coo

I've won this. Like your mum's pussy, this will not be a tight one
Kid you know you're fucking wack when you get DROPPED from Asylum

that first line had me laughin fareal, then tha second line was a straight face punch...so ya opener was hot

And I can see why Dal didn't want this fag in his team
Coz we ain't seen a 'killer shot from SS' since the Nazi regime

also nice...solid punch

So how can this nerd be a threat? His punches barely connect
Swift lives at the Wailing Wall coz he needs all the prayers he can get

ok...i see you...another solid one....

LA ain't prepared for my verse, whoever reads will be sent wild!
And it's like the voters are fashion critics - they ain't feelin your textStyles!

you aint even need that Expo for this bar..i wish you aint put it there...it makes wordplay more fun to read when i dont know its comin...nice punch

Your name on the trophy? That's something you shouldn't think about
You couldn't win if you vote for yourself on all of Slick's accounts

im guessin slick has alot of accounts...lol...so i see where that bar is nice

I've got a feeling he'll pussy out, I'll be suprised if this battle starts
This kid just can't 'handle the beating' like Muamba's heart

nice punch....and ima talk more about this line ina minute

If he does show, I'll win and be reborn as a boss

Coz his verse will be a bigger flop than this whole fuckin tournament was...

its crazy how ya last bar is tha weakest of ya whole verse.....you didnt even try to finish with a bang...but i guess

aight now let me explain sum shyt...

Swift, yo shyt wasnt played to me my nigga..seein that it was tha first time me seein em. I mean i hope nobody expected ppl to go look up every point blank battle jus to see who said what against em....man we live in tha here and now this aint 5-6 years again....this shyt is right now...and im willin to bet theres only a handful of ppl on here that knows about those bars bein said before. but about ya verse as a whole....

i felt like yo shyt started off a lil slow...i swear even tho ya shyt wasnt weak...i still feel like you had alotta bars of straight Jabs...none of em was really puttin em in tha bag...they were obvious hits..my nigga you aint even try to go outside tha box...like you had a comfort zone and you went with it...not sayin yo shyt was weak cuz that shyt was nice...im sayin you were statin tha obvious..
like if you seen a nigga with sum Skinny Jean PJs on and his breath stank.....and all you talked about was that.....you completely missed tha fact that his bitch was wearin sum construction boots, ripped leggings, weave halfway out, and her tooth was missin! and tha dumb bitch had tha nerve to try an hide behind tha light pole...BITCH I SEE YO bUSTED ASS.....

but you chose to state tha obvious shyt...you shoulda went a lil deeper my nigga....yo jabs was nice but there wasnt no hitter quiters...

Point, yo shyt was solid all tha way through....cept for tha closer, that shyt was sum bullshyt..and as for tha muamba line...i feel what point was sayin....how he said it was way different than how anybody else said it...his shyt was fresh..his wordplay on it was hot...but yo shyt was nice tha whole way...i can see where you thought he wasnt gone show up...but every bar was still consistant...that opener was nice...tha first line, LIKE YOUR MOMS PUSSY THIS WILL NOT BE A TIGHT ONE! nigga i would getta shirt made and put that on there i swear to god...
that textiles line was nice....only part that was wrong was tha closer

P.S. Swift never say you Smashin your opponent like Roasted Nutz...that shyt dont even sound coo...cuz in my city when we say Smashin it means like we eatin...like i jus smashed that burger,,,so when you said im smashin em like roasted nuts...im lookin like damn nigga PAUSE!!! but it jus dawn on me that you mean crushin....but its tha same difference...still sounds kinda iffy

when i first read it....i was leanin towrads swift....specially seein all them bitchins back n forths...but when i broke it down....and was sayin what i thought about each bar...

Point GMV

Sass

Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:06am
Nice vote, thanks for taking the time for some constructive feedback 2. Lmao where you live at?? cuz if that was the slang around here i wouldnt of said it lol. you know you gotta smash up peanuts to make peanut butter / PB this is the play I was going for.
Congrats Point. I thought I had this at first. 

Its hard to write against you, Since this tourny you havent dropped more than 2 opens this year, so finding personals was a stretch. The sheer number of battles you have done limited my use of obvious nameplays, so when i wrote the Diss a point line, I made sure to connect both to the last 2 times you were in LA's tournys with no shows. (FTR I did have my verse in before yours, and hadnt hinted towards no showing myself at all.)

I threw in as many bars as i could. it was hard enough to finding relevance. When you dropped What was it.. 14 lines? I was like yeah Im gunna win. My personal opinion on your verse is eh, It feels like a below par point verse. You wrote it fast with almost no intention of winning it feels like.
But the votes came in and I got to watch people roll my bars as played or too obvious.
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16179&title=r1-2smooth-vs-swift-styles
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13809&title=r1b7-mcwoods-vs-swift-styles
This is just 2 links to Tourny battles Ive been in where the Nazi play was utilized. When I read the line I myself was thinking that was your worst line in terms of "played out" how many times you think thats also been used against SwordedStylez? you older peeps remember him. 
I was up in the air about the mumba line, As ive been keeping up with at least reading the opens the last few weeks and read the other 2 plays on it. The rest was ok man. Except your closer. I just didnt think it was very strong. the being dropped from asylum was cool, i would of used it cause it Hasnt been used. But i dunno if I even got dropped. When the crew forums went down i belive i was still leader. I came back and i was pending, so I dunno. Its a dead crew now anyway. The slick accounts line was my favorite bar in there. 
Imo 8-10 of your lines I liked, the rest of it felt assed. Honest opinion. 

Im over here thinking my 24 lines up to around 8-10 lines i like. I mean I got a whole 10 more lines anyway. Your lines must be twice as magnificent as mine point. Cause I didnt even win the effort game! 
At some points I just found myself getting aggravated at votes i was reading, getting called out on again those "played punches" if your mumba line can be deemed as not played even though you DID flip it in a new way, Can ideas from at least YEARS ago that have been used against you not be flipped in a new manner as well? My Pb lead line, yeah it could have and probably has and Apparently HAS been used by cuba before. But was it the same? I guess the idea was similar but it wasnt identical i guarantee. 
At this point in ranting on..
The votes are whatever, Some of them are being argued over, but in the end it was close. You got it dude so congrats

J Sass View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:35am
damn see thats why i hate bein tha deciding vote...my nigga you DID get tha EFFORT...

you went in...dont get me wrong....and it aint like this shyt wasnt close...but to me it was like....you had bars...to me they wasnt played....they jus wasnt hay makers...you got bars my nigga....and at first read...you had this shyt won....

if you look at my first post...i had read tha battle, said i was boutta break it down and vote...i had it already made up in my mind that you won...but when i was givin tha feed back on tha bars...PB bars was kinda Shinin hard...

so good battle my nigga....thats why i hate bein tha last vote...cuz this coulda went either way...real shyt

Sass
Standard Member
Standard Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:51am
my nigga
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:58pm
Thanks for the detailed vote Sass, looks like it's 5-3 to me.

Props on the verse SS, it was a decent drop and this was a pretty tight battle, I should have spent more time on it but the whole tournament felt like a flop and I just wanted to get it out the way. We could argue all day about played concepts but I'm not gonna bother, it's got the potential to be a never-ending debate.

Wrap this tournament up Scotty
Adziano View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: WWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 12:12am
I enjoyed this battle.. I didn't want to vote cuz I'm new and shit.

The whole thing about lines being played is much ado about nothing IMO. Any hot topic will get worn out in a matter of hours.. and with name plays of course all lines will have a similarity to them.. because they're all based on the exact same maxim... the dudes name which sorta limits your room to manoeuvre! Without talking too much shit I could say that textstyles line is played (but I'm not).. because I've seen different variations of it. Then again sometimes you gotta accept that with the sheer volume of text battles that have ever taken place some concepts/wordplays are gonna get repeated and just try and judge every line/verse on it's own merits... which is what I try to do. Rant over.

Some nice lines by both.. have to agree with the final outcome. You could make a case that Swift deserved it for the extra lines and the graft.. but then if you look at a ufc/boxing bout etc 1 or 2 heavy hits can do damage and change the whole complection and outcome. Thats what I felt like here.. wasn't that much difference of quality in the punches.. PB just did enough to tip the scales in his favour though.
Adz
Teacher View Drop Down

Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 1:55pm
dope drop from both emcee no question, swift had alot going for him, was thoroughly entertained by his verse when reading it n felt he'd be the winner. however after reading points verse i thought as he put it 'quality over quantity'.... both had some brilliant shots but i personally just felt that points was, well more on point, the imagery, flow, overall pretty much everything just shone through that bit more. if you want me to break it down line by line knock ya self n message me, if you happy with this explanation... sweet Smile

props to both emcee Clap but MVGT - Point Blank
i aint no pro,and i aint a vet
but im willing to break bones to gain respect

Biker4Life!
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:30pm