Rap Tutorials: How To Battle Like A Pro (Flo)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Flo_Matic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flo_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Battle Like A Pro (Flo)
    Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:06am

HOW TO BATTLE LIKE A PRO

(Flo Matic)

Introduction

Okay, I ‘m not the best ever but I do have some knowledge to this battle shit and I don’t care to share. If you have no clue of how to write a battle verse this tutorial can help mold you into a force to be reckoned with. If you already know what you are doing this may consist of a couple of pointers for you also. I’m just going to jump straight into it. The first thing that I want to touch up on is Basis, the core of your verse.

Basis

It is important for you to understand that text battling is much different than street battling. Street battling has a lot more leniency than text battling.

In text battling voters have the opportunity to take the time to visually look into your verse and catch every flaw that may exist.

Below you will learn the meaning of a Statement. Using statements is a bad thing.

·         Statement

I see a lot of new members make the mistake of filling their verses with these. A statement is basically just telling somebody what they are, or what they do.

For instance:

Yer a bitch, yer stupid and yer whack.

Yer rhymes are trash. You must be on crack

Those are statements. They have no creativity within them. They are missing similes, metaphors and a punchline which we’ll discuss later. But as the above bar sits it is worth nothing and would have the same effect as not being written at all.

Another thing that is bad is Self Glory. Just a dash of this may be okay but you’re playing with fire if you choose to use it.

·         Self Glory

This is when you use up your bars glorifying your skill or yourself.

For instance:

I’m a beast at this shit, I’m a king

My skills polished and it bling like a ring

The purpose of a battle is to attack your opponent only. Nothing more! If your skill is so polished it will speak for itself. If you need to directly tell the reader how skilled that you are, you must not be skilled because instead of taking the time to show them, you are telling them. The above bar is a wasted bar for a battle verse and hurts your opponent in no way. Remember that you need to be relentless toward your opponent throughout the complete verse.

Something that you need to be sure to use is Relevancy. Irrelevancy is a bad thing.

·         Relevancy

By relevancy I mean attacking your opponent directly. Keep in mind that you are battling him and nobody else, just him. Not his mom, sister, grandma, brother or girlfriend. You didn’t have sex with his mom, make love to his girlfriend, beat up his brother and his grandma isn’t your #1 fan. Well it is possible by a long shot that all of that happened and if it did you are a bad man and I commend you, but unfortunately you will need to provide some proof. But the chances are that you are in two different countries and none of that shit really took place and therefore it is irrelevant.

For instance:

Your mom invited me over for dinner

And the next thing I know my dick’s up in her

That is irrelevant because you attacked his mom and not him. Also as I have already mentioned, it is not true. The above bar is a wasted bar for a battle verse and hurts your opponent in no way.

That is the basic basis of a verse. Now we’ll be moving on to creating your verse.

Creating Your Verse

This section will touch up on all aspects of creating your verse.

While creating your verse the first thing that you need to focus on is the structure.

·         Structure

The structure of your verse is how it is put together. You want a neat layout with lines of equal length and breaks between transitions. This helps readers understand where to stop and start while reading your bars. That makes for a much easier and comprehensive read for the reader. You want to make it easy for them to read because they are the ones voting it.

So to sum it up, writing a verse as it you’re writing a paragraph is what not to do.

You need to use bars to write your verse.

§  Bar

A bar consists of 2 lines which are typically close to the same length.

For instance:

This frenetic pathetic wretch expects to get respect from text hits
when in fact his raps lack substance like an Anorexics breakfast (Manc)

In the example above,

The first line is called the setup line (which in short is simply called the setup) and the second line is called the punchline. The both of them together form a bar. Notice that the setup is relevant with the punchline. You always want the setup and the punchline to be relevant. You do not want to make the setup and punchline unrelated! Also notice how the lines are close to the same length. Always try to be sure that the setup and punchline are near the same length.

o    Line Length

If a line is so long that it makes a new line break it is much too long. Anymore than 16 syllables within one line is too long. An overly long line is referred to as being “stretched”. Around 12 syllables is a great length for your lines.

The next aspect of creating a verse that I will touch up on is the overall flow of your verse. This is very important when writing a verse.

·         Flow

The flow of your verse relies on a few different factors. The first is the multis.

§  Multis

Multis are when you rhyme more than one syllable within a bar. Using multis adds major polish to your verse and helps the flow of your verse tremendously.

Here is an example of a bar with no multis:

This fucking pansy couldn’t draw blood even if he used swords

Cos the only “scars” that comes from “O” are the Academy Awards (Flo Matic)

As you can see, only one syllable is rhymed here. Swords/wards

The above bar does not sound half bad but it is not written to its full potential.

Let’s add a multi to it:

This fucking pansy couldn’t draw blood even if he used a sword

Cos the only “scar” that comes from “O” Is an Academy Award (Flo Matic)

Now we have added a multi to it (a sword/Award) More than one syllable rhymes therefore it makes it a multi. Notice how much better it makes it sound just by making that minor adjustment?

We can keep adding multis to make it sound even better. Let’s add even more multis.

This pussy couldn’t draw blood even if he battled me with swords

Now we have used a 5 syllable multi which polished the bar up quite well. Be sure to use multis in all of your verses because they are always being looked for by voters and they make your bars sound much better. This now leads us to EndRhymes and InRhymes.

§  EndRhymes

The EndRhyme is the rhyme at the end of your bars. We have basically covered this in the multis section so there is not much more to say about it. Here is an example of an EndRhyme.

Artist??? That half ass rhyme ya dropped is the reason they dispersed

He should have taken his own advice, the first 3 words of his verse (Flo_Matic)

The EndRhymes are (dispersed/his verse) simply because they are at the end of the bar.

Now we’ll be moving on to InRhymes.

§  InRhymes (Line to Line)

The InRhyme is the rhyme at the beginning of your lines. It makes for a smooth transition from the set up line to the punchline. Here is an example of an InRhyme:

This perp should have taken his own advice, the first 3 words of his verse (Flo_Matic)

As you can see the example above has a much smoother transition than the example above it. (This perp) rhymes with the EndRhymes (dispersed) and (his verse).

§  InRhymes (Bar to Bar)

You can also use InRhymes to make for a smooth transition from bar to bar the same as you can from line to line. Here is an example:

This perp should have taken his own advice, the first 3 words of his verse

Kris first blazed your snake pit, then I straight ripped your heart sir

Farther more we need this thread renamed “Ven the Noobs Sparring partner” (Flo_Matic)

As you can see the two bars have smooth transition accredited to the EndRhymes and InRhymes. (His verse/Kris first)

Now lets look at it while I add emphasis to all of the InRhymes and EndRhymes within the 2 bars:

This perp should have taken his own advice, the first 3 words of his verse

Kris first blazed your snake pit, then I straight ripped your heart sir

Farther more we need this thread renamed “Ven the Noobs Sparring partner

As you can see the bars have a very smooth transition. Try to use these aspects as much as possible while writing your verse.

TIP: I usually write my bars without initially focusing on the InRhymes unless they just come to me naturally. After my bars are wrote I will then go back in and try to add the InRhyme. You may personally find it easier to think of the InRhyme while you are creating a bar but that is not the case for me.

Okay that just about covers flow so now we’ll be moving on to creating Punchlines

·         Punchlines

Punchlines are what make the battle. I like to think of a punchline as if I was in a boxing match with my opponent and the punchline is the hook while the setup is the jab that’s opening my opponent up for the hook. I’ll be elaborating on this more throughout this section. Every bar has to have a punchline! Punchlines win battles!

There are countless ways to create a punchline and I’ll tell you the ones that I know.

One way to create a punchline is to use similes and metaphors

§  Simile

A simile is a figure of speech that expresses a resemblance between things of different kinds. It is usually used with “like” or “as”.

Here are some simple examples:

Dumb as a rock

Tall like a tree

Big as a mountain

Sweet like candy

Alone similes make for a weak punchline but it is almost imperative to include them into a bar to help the concept. They are typically used to assist the setup.

If one was to say:

I’ll hit him and leave his head spinnin like a clock

He just don’t understand cos he’s dumb as a rock

That is a punchline but it is just too simple and ineffective because it is only made up of similes.

§  Metaphor

A metaphor is a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity.

Below are some examples of metaphors:

I’m a beast on this mic

The simile for that would be: When I’m on the mic I’m like a beast

Your skill is garbage

The simile for that would be: Your skill is as useless as garbage

Metaphors can be a very strong weapon. Using a metaphor to create a punch is called a metapunch.

o    MetaPunch

A MetaPunch is when you use a metaphor for your punchline.

Below is a bar that was used against me in one of my past battles and is a great example of a metapunch.

He's buggin', but I lift up like crunches so watch your step,  ßSimile

Judging when he doesn't get punches, Flo's a boxing Ref. ßMetaphor

(Kiki Spirez)

What he did here was thought of a concept and in this case the concept is “how I vote battles”.

Once upon a time we had a quick scuffle about how I voted one of his battles. He felt that I didn’t understand some of his punchlines. So since his concept was that I was judging battles but didn’t get the punchlines, he thought “who would judge a battle and not get a punch?” A boxing referee! Therefore he created a very clever metaphor out of the concept as you see in the bar above.

He could have simply said:

He don’t get punches so Flo is like a boxing ref

But that is just too simple and weak for a punchline

So to create a punchline using a metaphor you need to first come up with the concept and then think of something that is similar but has no relation to what you are talking about (boxing and rapping have nothing to do with each other but they both have judges and punches so to speak)

Then put it together like I showed you that Kiki did in the bar above.

After you get a grasp on that you will be ready to create a metapunch.

Another way to create a punchline is to use nameplay.

Continued in next post ...

Edited by Flo_Matic - 14 March 2013 at 12:43am
Metaphorical Masters Move Mountains Mimicking Magic

I got BIG GAME...
Flo_Matic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flo_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:19am

§  Nameplay

Nameplay is taking your opponents name and turning it around to work against him. For instance, let’s take me for example. I haven’t seen anybody ever do this right but I have seen one attempt at it which was a fail because the guy just didn’t word it correctly.

My name is Flo Matic. So look at my name and think of what you could do to wreck it. Well, the first thing that comes to mind for me is that the girls name on the Progressive commercials is Flo and she has become well known for being in that commercial so most people will understand the concept. So then you need to say okay, now I have (Flo) and (Progressive). How can I turn this into a punchline? Even though the setup comes first, you always want to create your punchline first and then come back and fill in the set up with something relevant. So for the punchline:

Only time Flo can be progressive is in the commercials

That’ll do just fine for the punchline. (Flo) is me and also the girl on the (Progressive) commercials.

Now that we have the punchline we need to create the setup. Since the punchline is based on me not being progressive, the setup line needs to be something leading up to that. So you would think, okay if he isn’t progressive, in the same sense that would mean he isn’t getting any better. So the next thing to do is to think of a word that rhymes with “commercials” and is relevant to not being progressive or getting better. “Rehearsals” seems like a good word because it relates to somebody practicing to get better and it rhymes with “commercials”. Now that I have my EndRhyme I will then fill in the rest of the setup with something relevant like so:

He stays lacking skill like he missed too many rehearsals

That’ll work for the set up. Now let’s put the two together:

He stays lacking skill like he missed too many rehearsals

Only time Flo can be progressive is in the commercials (Flo Matic)

I like that. It has a nice punchline using nameplay. Also notice that the multis came together naturally for me. (many rehearsals/in the commercials)  I got lucky, that doesn’t happen a lot but it goes too show that it does in fact happen.

Another way to use nameplay is simply using the first letter of their name. It is very common to call people by the first letter of their name. (Jason/J, Timmy/T, Dustin/D) This works out with every letter in the alphabet in text battling.

For instance, in the next example the guys name is Orc. I take the first letter of his name and call him “O”. Next I think of words which are anagrams that start with the letter “O”. In this case I chose “Oscar”. Oscar starts with an “O” and also has the word “scar” within it. An Oscar is an Academy Award handed down for achievements in motion picture productions and performance. So in conclusion I would say:

Cos the only “scars” that comes from “O” are the Academy Awards

Explanation:

(The only “scars” that come from “O”) means that “O” produces “scars” in result, creating the word “Oscars”.

It also means “O” (Orc) isn’t man enough to inflict “scars” to somebody. So I need to now work around that concept to create my setup line. I don’t want to use the word scars twice, so I need to think of a synonym for the word “scar” or a term or word that is related to it.

In this case I chose “blood”. Now that I have the concept of the set up line (blood) I can now find a related word for the EndRhyme. “Swords” will work for this because swords draw blood and rhymes with “Awards”. So in this case I say:

He couldn’t draw blood even if he battled me with swords

Now that I have the set up line I can put the bar together:

This pussy couldn’t draw blood even if he battled me with swords

I know that I made it look kind of simple but there is a lot of work that goes into creating a punch like this. You’ll just need to put your mind to it and use your creativity.

Here is another example with the guys name being Venom.:

Who you trying to omit bitch? You don’t even know the meaning

Only “omit” that comes from “V” is the outcome from this beating (vomit) (Flo Matic)

Another way to use nameplay is when your opponents name spells out a word or multiple words

Here is an example with the guys name being CasZack:

You better hope ya duck quick when ya see me throw

Cas Zack was only saved by the bell in the T.V show (Cos Zack/Caszack)(Flo Matic)

You just need to take a good look at his name and see which one of these methods will work for it. It is safe to use a couple of nameplay punches but don’t fill your verse with them because it will get old after a couple of bars.

Another way to use nameplay is to relate your opponents name to something else. If your opponents name is “Sherman” you can relate it to toilet paper. If it is “Bush” you can relate it to pussy etc.

This wasn’t a bar out of a battle verse but just a time when I was having fun and decided to wreck on a guy who posted a verse to join a crew here at LA. His name is Day Darian. I decided to shorten his name to Day Day and refer to him as Day Day from “Friday after Next” the movie.

But aye let me talk to the gang and see what They Say..

They May wanna get back wit ya Friday after next ..   Day Day (Flo Matic)

Here is another example where I wrecked his name in the same verse only this time I changed his name to Double D referring to breast size.

Aye pray they find your shit refreshing as the summer breeze

But brother please, listen, worst case .. show em your double D’s (DD =Day Darian)(Flo Matic)

You just need to look at his name and ask yourself what his name resembles.

The next type of punchline that I am going to touch up on is a personal punchline.

§  Personal

A personal is just what it sounds like. You are finding something personal about your opponent and wrecking him for it. This may be his age, where he resides, how he looks, his battle record, avatar, signature or anything personal. Personals consist of “digging up dirt” on your opponent. The first thing to do would be to check his profile for any information that he has included, then google his name in search of his facebook, twitter, myspace or any info that my be publicized about him. You could scan through his open mics, past battles, and general responses to find personals also. After you “dig up his dirt” you will then be able to start creating punchlines from that info.

When I battle somebody the very first thing that I do is make a summary on every bit of personal info that I can find. I will open up Word on my computer and start filling the page with everything that I dig up about him. If I get a good idea at the time that I discover the info I will make a note of the concept that I have in mind also. Using personals have a catch to them though. You will need to prove that the personal is true. You can do this by using expos above your verse that inform the voters of what they are about to read (you may need to include links to the proof to make it solid) or you can add a link within your actual punchline. Most sites have the option to do so by adding links with UBBC code.

I’ll show you a couple of examples of turning personals into punchlines:

This guy claimed to be an actor so I found his Twitter account and used his picture for a personal. I did actually learn from his Twitter account that he was in fact an actor and had a lot of followers. But his picture was an image of his face with him giving a big smile. I noticed that his teeth were quite yellow and I said to myself this is gold! He’s an actor with bright yellow teeth? So like always I started thinking of a punchline for this concept. I thought to myself what can I say about an actor with yellow teeth? Then it dawned on me, the actors who do the before poses for dentist commercials. So this became the punch:

Must do the (before) poses for local dentist, that’s why he keeps his teeth so yellow

Perfect! Then I thought of a swell set up line using the process that I have been explaining throughout this tutorial and came up with:

He’s claiming to be a professional actor well you sure aint no Al Pachino fellow

Put the two together and got:

He’s claiming to be a professional actor well you sure aint no Al Pachino fellow

Must do the (before) poses for local dentist, that’s why he keeps his teeth so yellow

Then I added the link to his image to make the punch solid. I will not add the actual image because the battle is over and we are cool but I will show you where you add the link in a bar like this. It will be a dead link so there is no need to click it.

Must do the (before) poses for local dentist, that’s why he keeps his teeth so yellow (Flo Matic)

Here goes another example:

This guy was known for dodging and ducking battles. He had 2 no shows on his battle record and a lot of posted comments pertaining to dodging his battles. I had to add some expos before the verse to inform the voters of this fact first. Then since the concept is based on Mohammad Ali I had to also add some history on Ali in the expos. Most people know Ali as a great boxer but I wanted to portray him as the man who dodged the Vietnam draft as he did. His dodging the draft meant that he ultimately dodged many great battles just like the guy I was battling did. So this is what I came up with:

Mike No Show?  Oh no bro that wouldn’t shock Me

He done dodged more battles than Mohammad Ali (Flo Matic)

The bar above does not need a link because I added the links to the posts where he dodged the battles along with the concept in the expos above the verse. Without the expos this bar would mean nothing because I would have not provided any solid proof. All of your personals must be proven or they will be automatically discredited and be called a simple statement.

The next type of punchline that I am going to touch up on is a wordplay punchline.

§  Wordplay

Wordplay is exactly how it sounds. It is taking two or more words that sound alike and making them both pertain to the concept at hand. For instance:

Lyin/line

One means to not tell the truth and the other is a string or rope in this case.

Here is an example of wordplay, in the example below hit the link when you read up to that part.

All-yer verse screams is “VENS FAKE AND MASTERED THE ART OF THREAT”

Barking that, yer skilled! With all a that lyin (line) I guess you really Are a vet (Flo Matic)

In the bar above, in one sense it is saying that he claims that he is a veteran but he is (lying) because he truly is not that skilled. In another sense it is saying that he is lying (line} so much about being a veteran (vet) that he is like a fishing reel that is named avet.

That concludes punchlines.

Important Tips and Resources

Here are some important tips and resource for you to use. It is critical information so do read!

·         Tools Needed For Writing a Battle Verse

o   Dictionary

Always keep a dictionary by your side when writing. You may know what a word means since it is already a part of your vocabulary but it is still a great idea to look it up so you have a fresh understanding of the word and therefore can use it to its best potential.

o   RhymeZone

RhymeZone is a great place to get ideas and find rhyming words. Let’s face the fact that it takes enough time just to think of a damn concept. If you are looking for an EndRhyme and can’t reach one in your mind, type it in at RhymeZone and have 50 or so words there for you.

It is also good for when you are in need of a synonym or antonym which is a big part of creating punchlines.

o   Notes

As I have already mentioned it is very important to have notes on all of the personals that you may possibly use against your opponent.

·         The Don’ts of Writing a Battle Verse

o    There are things that you should not do when creating a battle verse.

ü  No gay shit!

ü  No mom jokes

ü  No fake personals

ü  No self glory

Final Words

Understand that this does not cover every aspect of battling and you can never stop learning.  You should always read veteran battlers verses to help expand your mind. Also read as many tutorials as you possibly can, you will learn something new every time. Take criticism constructively and understand that there are no haters in this game. You are either favored or not, no matter how harsh one may be it is all words to help you elevate. Even if they are intending to hate, you need to take it as constructive criticism.

And always remember that you can always get better.

Feel free to comment and leave your thoughts or questions.

GO GET EM!

Stay Up

Flo

Edited by Flo_Matic - 14 March 2013 at 1:14am

I got BIG GAME...
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 12:57am
Look at youngun, here for two minutes and handing down scripture like his word was God.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 1:03am
Dead @ using an online rhyming dictonary though.
Flo_Matic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flo_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 1:16am
Nope, I'm not God but I can turn that pretty 0 of yours into a 1 if you would like.

Edited by Flo_Matic - 14 March 2013 at 1:26am

I got BIG GAME...
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 1:27am
I don't particularly feel like battling a rhyming dictionary.

It wasn't a huge shot at you it was just like a, know your place. You wouldn't walk into Rome back in the day and try run that shit lol Especially don't give out a load of battle advice and:

A) Tell people to use a rhyming dictionary
B) Show you aren't too clean with it, by giving people that personal on you.
Flo_Matic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flo_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 1:59am

I don’t feel like you took a HUGE shot at me but I do feel like your intention was to attack me so my killer instincts kicked in. Big smile

RhymeZone:  Personally I don’t see anything wrong with it. If you are digging a whole and have a track hoe, are you going to use a shovel instead because you feel that’s how a real man does it?

I personally feel (and this is just my opinion) that you need to humble yourself if you feel you are too good to use a rhyming dictionary.

If we ever freestyle against each other I promise I won’t pull a rhyming dictionary out of my pocket. But this is the internet and text battling. This is more of a battle between scriptures.

So would it be accurate to say you saying in the same respect that, if I wanted to use a punchline against you that was related to a certain movie that it would be weak for me to do some research on that movie first?

I think that this is one of them “agree to disagree” situations.

I know that cat, rat, hat, tat, sat, bat, fat, stat, splat, and gat rhymes with pat, but it is nice to have them all laid out in front of me to see them all at once when writing my bars.

I got BIG GAME...
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 2:02am
It takes a part out of the art out of it though, y'know? Like it's instinict to me what rhyme goes there, it just comes natrually and feels natural. If I had to run through a whole list of rhymes, and paste one in it'd just feel like something I manafactured with machines, rather than something I crafted from hand.
Flo_Matic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flo_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 2:24am

No offense, but you have been here for nearly 3 and a half years and you only have 3 battles so you talking to me about this feels wrong to me. You have written 3 battle verses since you have been here! That is less than 1 per year. How can you have the audacity to even reply to this tutorial like you have based on that fact? Maybe you did use a rhyming dictionary but don’t remember because it has been so God damn long ago!

To me you entered this page with the intent to troll. That must be what you spend your time doing since it obviously isn’t battling. And your remark about battling a rhyming dictionary is just whack. I do more than just rhyme homeboy. As a matter of fact I’m setting up a call out for you now because I’m already disgusted with your intentions here and I’m not the type to rant on with 10 pages of shit talking. I’d rather just do what we (well at least me ..who knows why you are here) are here to do. Battle

Edited by Flo_Matic - 14 March 2013 at 2:37am

I got BIG GAME...
Acid View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 2-4-0
Form: WLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 4:07pm
Tbh Flo, 3-0-0 doesnt mean 3 battles, I mean, Im pretty sure that youve done more than 2 battles, unlike what your record says as well, I'm not sure about Jay, he mightve done 3 battles, but he might have done more that never got closed by a Mod, but some dont get closed by Mods, which is something you were complaining about yourself right? e.g. even though my text record should probs say 1-3-0 or something it only says 0-2-0 because the battles arent closed yet.
Flo_Matic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flo_Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 8:57pm

Look Acid I don't care if he has 10 open battles that haven't been closed, my point still stands. He has been here 3 and half years and his battle record says 3! He has had plenty of time to change that even if he has a couple of open battles. 3 and half years a guy should have at least 20 - 25 at least, and especially when he wants to jump into a debate on how to battle.

For you, I am kind of annoyed that considering all of the improvement that members have told you that you need, the only thing that you have to comment on in here is that comment. You should have read the damn tutorial and learnt some much needed info instead of worrying about the situation between me and Jay which is closed here anyways. That has already moved on to the battlefield. SMH

I got BIG GAME...
Acid View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 2-4-0
Form: WLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 9:15pm
OKAY man, you need to calm down a bit, I'm not worrying about it at all, I know its moved on to the battlefield, I was just saying because I noticed that your battle record isn't even half the battles you've done, so maybe his wasn't either. It's not like I actually care though I just commented because I felt like it :S

I will read the tutorial when I have time to, I just saw the comment as I was going down random threads, you don't need to get so touchy about me not reading the tutorial, I will read it when I can.

I did say that that might not be true, he might just have actually had only 3 battles, I'm not trying to down your point or cause an argument, you don't need to get annoyed either though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic