Due Jan 31, 2014 by 11:59 Est Time
First to 5
(No 3-0 KO)
Crew Votes Allowed

Verses are to be sent to me
No Free-posting or talking in your battle thread
(Verses and Votes ONLY!!)
If there is a problem, pm myself or a mod

Failure to abide by the rules will result in warning and disqualification!

- Graphics made by J-Brenn. 
Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:08am
Arthur

Lungin Starter, 5 years? No Belts or Tourny Wins? You need to start Punchin Harder
You'll Succumb To Arthur, cos this KO have ya seein' Stars Ki like Hutch's Partner (Starsky)

Semi's is where this Man Fell, this ain't a Game Boy I leave ya Blue like Cantrell
Shots Land Well, watch me crush SP then Advance like destroyin Handheld's

I Batter Guys, see me Drop Kik to his neck to leave him Paralyzed
His Chattin Lies, in the end we'll see the Blade In Spirez like Influential Samurai's (Inspires)

Bodies? watch Solo Count 'Um, hey Ki you know the bars your writin are Supposed To Wow Son,
But we Know The Outcome, I be leavin Ciaran Boxed Up without flicking through his Photo Albums

Bruisin His Face, Art leave Inc all over the place leave ya Crew In A State
You Losin Is Fate, when predictions were made we saw Ki Low without mentioning Units Of Weight (Kilo)

Classic? Not Quite, but after 5 years you'd think one of his Drops Might
A Flop Right, when Ki goes for the Solo? I'm bound to Shine over Actor like a fuckin Spotlight

Leave him Frozen See, struggling actors need cash so i should let him win as Opposed To Me
Be left Broken G, cos i ain't removing words from the French Language when i Dispose Of Ki. (Qui)

Can't Stop Me, rockin hoofs and saddles is the only time you a Don Ki (Donkey)
Art Shone See, and the results? only time we'll see "K Won Tournament" is a Kickboxing Grand Prix (K1)

expos:
1. here since 08, not held a belt or won a tourny.
2. SPirez. gameboy SP and Advance are handheld systems.
3. should be self explanatory
Originally posted by Shankley Shankley wrote:

1: Arthur
2: Cuba
3: DTK
Is my predictions for the tourney.

Originally posted by fuckoff fuckoff wrote:

dress
cuba
arthur

any of them could win on the day. great tourney, i been busy so didn get involved hope the next one aint too far away

6. No classic verses in 5 years. he's an actor.
7. Qui is a french word
8. K1 World Grand Prix is a kickboxing tournament

Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 1:09am
Kiki Spirez

*I've been hittin' the Opens and battles - Him? - Nadda. 
*Ian Watkins, singer of Lost Prophets, jailed for conspiracy to rape a 1 year old with two female fans. 
*A-Bullshit - A-BS - ABS on a car - Look it up.
*Sea Lions 'Arf!' and clap. 
*Double A battery. 
*Arthur Fonzarelli was the Fonz on Happy Days, who said, 'Ayyyyy!' and put his thumbs up, and was known for hittin' a jukebox to make it play when he wanted.
*In the last round, he showed PM's from Point, asking him to join to VM. The VMA's are the Video Music Awards. 
*My Avi is a picture of CFC (Chesterfield Football Club) runnin' away after scoring. 
*K-A (Kiki vs Arthur/KA is a car by Ford) - K-O (Kiki and the final bracket, which is O/Knock Out)

I've been on my Opens, so we've seen less of this bettered con, 
Dude boasts, but ducked 'New Post' like I threatened him with letter bombs! 
Weapons on this bitch schmuck, over hyped when he's dropped things, 
Cos when the kids fucked, he'll blame #fanclub like Ian Watkins, 
Feelin' God swings, whilst you bitch about LI to these major Vets, 
So place your bets on this being locked when I brake the A-BS, 
Made a mess when you were blazed by Dress - Smarts-are-in-force, 
He's martyred of course, cos only sea lions give Arth an' applause, 
Startin' the wars for the sympathy - You know these flatter Ki! 
10 times the rapper, so you could double A and see battery, 
Better plead Arthur Fonzarelli, my happy days make you feel dazed, 
No thumbs up for 'A!', but my hits control all of these plays, 
All were amazed at PB's PM's - I'd have forbidden your newb shit, 
Listen stupid.. Playin' VM - A, WON'T give you a vision for music, 
I'm runnin' CFC like my Avi, this pussies trailing-at-nine-lives, 
This K-A will only see K-O, like he's failing at drive-by's..

Go my Minions!

JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2014 at 7:37am
ARTHUR:

Lungin Starter, 5 years? No Belts or Tourny Wins? You need to start Punchin Harder
You'll Succumb To Arthur, cos this KO have ya seein' Stars Ki like Hutch's Partner (Starsky)
^^^^ Like the set up over all the punch is softer but a nice np 3/5

Semi's is where this Man Fell, this ain't a Game Boy I leave ya Blue like Cantrell
^^^^ Good punch but not very personal kinda a throw away bar here... 2/5

His Chattin Lies, in the end we'll see the Blade In Spirez like Influential Samurai's (Inspires)
^^^ This was dope both lines had punches very strong 4/5

Bodies? watch Solo Count 'Um, hey Ki you know the bars your writin are Supposed To Wow Son,
But we Know The Outcome, I be leavin Ciaran Boxed Up without flicking through his Photo Albums
^^^^^ finny personal and hard hitting 5/5

You Losin Is Fate, when predictions were made we saw Ki Low without mentioning Units Of Weight (Kilo)
^^^^ ki lo lines are old BUT this was a relevant play with the personal made this bar work well 4/5

A Flop Right, when Ki goes for the Solo? I'm bound to Shine over Actor like a fuckin Spotlight
^^^^ good np and wp very nice wording and punch 4/5

Leave him Frozen See, struggling actors need cash so i should let him win as Opposed To Me
Be left Broken G, cos i ain't removing words from the French Language when i Dispose Of Ki. (Qui)
^^^^ another np and nice wp... punch got lost a bit in the multis... 4/5

Art Shone See, and the results? only time we'll see "K Won Tournament" is a Kickboxing Grand Prix (K1)
^^^^very nice closer 5/5
art 30/40
KIkI:

^^^^^ ok opener saw it more as a self hype... but it worked 3/5

^^^^ hmmm first line had nothing felt like a filler and the fan club thing didn't work for me 2/5

^^^ this felt raw... it was a nice np and wp and a good personal 4/5

^^^ funny but i thought this was a stretch of a punch... the personal wasn't tied into the punch well either... 3/5

^^^ I don't get the wording of this the first line was a bit weak and then the 2nd line has a great concept i think the wording was off though.. 2/5

^^^^ This was on point funny only missing a personal here but still 5/5

^^^^ Personal Punch WP!!! 5/5

^^^ so if you fail at a drive by you get KO'd? not a good closer in my eyes... no personal no real punch wording fucked it up... 3/5

kiki 26/40

MVGT- ARTHUR very close call imo kiki the wording in some of your punches threw off the whole punch... i loved the concept.. this was a very close call! nice job fellas good luck to both!
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-15-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2014 at 7:50pm
Arthur: Opener was cool...I've never seen a Starsky play on him so I thought that was pretty creative...Personal in the setup was alright...Not many have won tournaments so it wasn't the strongest personal IMO...2nd bar I'm pretty sure has been done before (Gameboy SP) but I think the addition of the "Gameboy Advance" to the concept spruced it up a bit and freshened it for me...Not to mention I liked the setup usage of game, boy. 3rd bar had me puzzled for a sec...I've seen Kiki's name for so long and I never once considered how I would pronounce "spirez" lmao...For some reason, I never pronounced it out-loud to myself...I think this wordplay was cool, thought the drop kick thing was a funny little play although the kik/kick thing is really getting popular haha...4th bar was a bit underwhelming...There's been a bunch of "box" plays on him since that picture came out and I don't think you did anything really crazy with it to stand out...lmao @ that setup tho...Next bar is similar in that Ki-lo has been used, but you at least coupled it with a solid personal which saves it...6th bar was another bar that's got a very over-used concept but the whole "solo" thing added a freshness to it...I liked it...7th bar was a cool idea, although the "removing words from the french language/dispose" was a bit much IMO..."speaking french and dropping ki " could've worked just as well IMO...Closer had a funny setup...Didn't like the beginning wording of the punch tho - could've probably cut that out completely...Punch itself was quite good, liked it...

Kiki: Hmmm...I don't know about that opener...it's worked well but the diss ain't really doing it for me...You are text-battling, so talking about him not dropping open mics (or anything else other than battles) isn't the strongest diss...Should've made it clear he's a "poor writer" or something to add a more packed diss...Didn't quite like it...2nd bar was funny, cool shot...though the rhyme was really off for me (accent thing, so no harm there)...3rd bar I thought was good, liked the setup too...4th bar was a creative idea, but I'm not quite sure it works...Maybe i don't know my seal noises, but it doesn't really sound like "Arth" to me...lmao, I don't know tho...I looked up some seal barks (yea i do some voting research haha) and I'm still unsure...Think you could've gotten away with "Art" as it sounds more like that than Arth...Ask.com said it's an "'ort" sound so idk...5th bar was a clever play, but not that strong of a punch...one of those instances of being more clever than strong but that doesn't mean i didn't like it...thought it was smooth enough...6th bar was a great concept, i liked it...7th bar was your best bar by far, combing your clever wording/connections with a personal...I didn't like the closer at all...I see the O connection with it being the final bracket but thought the play wasn't well-worked...the "This K-A" is a bit weird...especially to refer to this battle...Cause who's seeing the KO? KA? as in both of you? I get the car side of it but I think the wording was really off in the other meaning and I read it a couple times through (then again, I could be missing it completely). I see you can say it as "This kiki, Arthur will only see KO" but that's still really jumbled...

Overall: I thought both had some hits and misses...No one really had any "heavy" personals (Art had the low ranking kilo thing, and Ki had the VM pms thing)...I think Art had the "boxed in" bar that really missed for me while Ki had the opener, closer, and seal bark thing that didn't work for me...Art had some bars with re-done concepts but I thought he put a fresh enough spin on all of them to justify their use...My fav. bars from each were Art's closer and Ki's VMA bar...I think Art took this with cleaner nameplays/wordplay consistently worked into solid punches while Ki's bars I wasn't feeling really hurt him in my eyes...It's gonna be interesting to see what others think...It's a close one.

V/Arthur
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 4:57pm
Art:
This was a dope opener man, the set up was nice and the punch was an ill concept - 4/5
ah, this was ok. Flow was smooth - 2.5/5

Solid punch here, you took a fresh angle to this concept - 4/5

oh! Dope. Hard hitting personal bar here and flow made very better - 5/5

Again the flow was ok point, but I didnt fully like the ki-low play - 2.5/5

LOL, you are really rollin wit some freshness and bars that really are hitting man - 4/5

decent bar, I thought it was a little off and could have been worded better for a harder hit. 3/5

Damn! Nice closer Art! Well done. From set up, to word play, to flow and the closing punch...this was hard hitting 5/5

Total - 30

Ki:

Decent opner, flow was cool punch was ok - 3/5

LOL I thinked the angle here - 4/5

NICE! Hard punch here! All-around solid - 4.5/5

Thought this one was off on wording and punch lack alittle - 2/5

This was fresh, nice concept too - 3.5/5

haha, this was nice dude. the set up was cool - 3.5/5

This was a haymaker punch! Damn man, nice personal - 5/5

decent closer, thought it was more self hype but ok - 3/5

Total - 28.5

Overall - this was a dope ass battle! Real shit, both ya'll had some ill concepts and original concepts that were pure heat. Ki, you always bring that freshness to your battles and almost comes off effortless when you connect with the punch. Art, your concepts and how you attack who you battle is bananas man. Some shit punchlines that really have a solid impact. This shit was so close I would like to see a round two...lol....

MVGT - Art
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 11-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 8:17pm

choppy set up line "lungin starter, 5 years?" ehh multies mean shit compared tot he actual punch bud..so focuse more so on the punch from now on but goodshot

ehh blu cantrell been played brah..this is ok

cool flip here nice flow is fluid and sounds natural nice shot

dislike the set up punch was aiight..nothing mindblowing

Leave inc all over the place =) i see his crew but also me?? wouldn't mind a duel..especially if u get that belt dawg..this was cool flip 

ehh sound awkward classic but you'd think one of his drops might've been<-- or might be<-- so its forced to me, stop worrying about multies i will never vote against someone who lacks multies outside of the end rhymes of a bar as long as their punch is better then the other guy with multies..ehh not like the wording on this bar

not bad a light jab to me ..

seen that joint used plenty not on him but in generics..but cool flip on his name..it seems u can only really name flip...ur not very good at other aspects..u might want to work on that cuz u will get worked if u get someone like me whose name is hard to flip anymore without the initial "been done too many times"  but this is a kicking bar =)

could've been set up better but this is cool

THIS COULD'VE BEEN DOPE..but u didn;t even mention anything about lost prophets/pedophile in the set up...

this is cool still u need to set ur punches up better, i understand we don't agree on open mic drops all the time ..but this i am correct on, u lack proper set ups to throw haymakers ki but i liked the name flip +1

ehh forced multi that doesn't even slant to me
Orssss and awsss nah..u come off as someone throwin random shots sealions have nothing to do with bein beat by dress...

ehh nah creative yea..self hype sure..hard shot? no,,Double A and see Badder E? or

twice the emcee..If battle him? i'll double A so u can see a Battery! <-- thats how u shouldve done it kiki

as in u battered him..

nah set up was no..ur self hyping i dislike this bar,

Make u feel deprived cuz u'll never see happy days<-- keep it on him not about u

cool nice

ehh.

v/arthur

kiki u might not like this, but u don't really use ur set ups well. You need to start mentioning a reference that ties into ur punch..this battle came off as a clear win for arthur for the fact he atleast used setups to make his punches hit harder he had some bars i disliekd to for simlar reason.. I just think LA needs to go back to the basics of setting up a punch then delivering it..i will never vote against a dope punch that only has multies to end the bar..instead of starting and transitioning it if the punch is eehh..

#BARS

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 9:26pm
4-0 Arthur

Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2014 at 10:45pm
Arthur - Opener was cool. I thought the stars ki wordplay was dope. I'd suggest putting a coma or some for of punctuation to emphasis the pause between seein stars ki. At least that's the delivery I took from it. None the less, that doesn't change the bar at all, I was just saying.. Was not feeling your gambol bar at all tbh, thought it was a bit of a stretch concept and name play wise. It just wasn't working. 3rd line another dope wordplay, smooth written line. Really liked that one. Boxed up personal was cool. I have seen a ton of variations of this personal so it really has to hit hard to make the impact there for me. However, it does keep the direct consistency going. Kilo line was cool, concept wasn't as good as your other two nice wordplays but it worked there. Some good ish. The spotlight line was crack, that's a personal I have heard many times before also. But for me, that bar came off very smooth and had some nice impact. qui/french play was a really nice idea, thought it was a creative concept but I just wasn't feeling the way the bar was worded as a whole. Closing concept you tried to much with it. Just using the "K1" wordplay and concept with a simpler build up would have made for a better bar IMO. the wording seemed off for me in that one also. Overall, Pretty solid and consistent verse.

Kiki - Ehh gotta admit, I wasn't really feeling that opener. I felt their is only so much you can do with that concept. Haha thought the fan club thing was pretty funny. A nice way to bounce back from the opener. ABS name play was nice. Unique concept that I haven't heard before against him. Good ish there. The arth/arf line was a bit much for me. The name play just wasn't working, it was too far out of the box, if you know what I mean. Double A line had real nice potential, I felt it was worded to jab form. Keeps the consistency alive but I wouldn't consider that a hard hitting punch. Wasn't feeling the happy days line either, used to watch that show back in the day though lol. I didn't feel it was worded to well to diss your opponent, the end punch of it was more about your "hits' than a play on your opponent. VMA wordplay was nice. The closer was somewhat decent for me. The KA/KO thing could have been touched up better as far as setting up the punch, but the overall concept was cool

MGVT: Arthur - Was a good read both ways. I thought Arthur had better bars of the two as far as punches and personals. Both of you guys had your few ups and down but an overall consistent verse out of each here. I definitely did not think it was as far away as the votes are. But at the end of reading this, I did feel that Arthur had the better overall verse from start to finish. NIce wordplay from both by the way, A few from art I thought was really dope, and KI, I liked the ABS and VMA's wordplays from you. 
Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2014 at 10:46pm
5-0 Arthur
Advances to the Finals.