Direct Link To This Post Topic: IC Round 2: Battler 3 vs Battler 6
    Posted: 11 February 2015 at 10:14pm
Identity Crisis: Round 2
- 30-50 Lines 3-0KO or First to 5
- Battlers will be anonymous
- Votes will be hidden
- Wednesday February 18th, 11:59pm GMT time
Round 2 Theme: Protagonist/Antagonist

If you reveal who you are to someone and I find out, you are immediately disqualified.If you don't vote and end up winning the tournament, money will be taken off the prize.

Voting rules:
Votes will be hidden and need to be approved my a moderator. Please vote in the thread, and it will be revealed at the end of the battle. (Don't PM them)
Voters must have 250 posts to vote (I think there was a couple shady votes last round)
Remember those that don't vote will have money taken off if they win

Battler 3: Husband finding out about an affair

Battler 6: Man having an affair that the husband finds out about

Keep in mind that you do not have to follow a specific storyline. 
Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 5:02am
Battler 3 
Husband finding out about an affair

Dear Amiee

Last night I found something that got me upset

I looked at your phone and read some of those text

Should have guessed, seemed so distant and away

But why didn't you talk instead of going a stray

No more games to play, was it something I did let me know

I thought we were a family, and together grow old

Tried to be the best man I could be, never had an issue

But instead you chose to sleep around, now I find I miss you

Do you love this man or was it merley a one night thing

Looking to move on in life or hoping for passionate fling

Can't bring myself to talk face to face until it's better

Hopefully you talk to me after you read this letter

Love Steve

A note on the table when I get home from work

Dear Steve

When I read you snooped my texts I admit I was upset

But I understand why you did it, and theres something I confess

Yes we met for sex, I apologize but have no regrets

You claim to be a good husband but didn't know that I left

As a father you are great, provide for our childern always best

Husband not so much, lets put this to the test

At night you'd come home, sit on the couch and watch the game

Never once asked me "Hey honey how was your day?"

Only ever come close to me when you wanted sex, it's not enough

Don't always need the physical side of it, needed a mental touch

So we have a rut, it wasn't hard for him to sweep me off my feet

Wanted to feel wanted for once, instead of for granted something deep

Asked if I love him, NO I don't, it was just for a fling

Change my life, I'm not sure, do I still love you, that's the thing.

Amiee

Dear Amiee

I'm glad that you don't love him, I didn't know you felt that way honest truth

Couldn't you have talked to me instead of running for new

After work I am tired, and need to relax I just want to chill

Listen to people talking all day, at home I want it still

Early in our marrige we did things crazy and had more passion

I sorry if I stopped and lost it, How do we gain more traction

Your not sure if you love me, I love you, can we work this out

I'm willing to do anything for us, cuz all alone I hurt without

Can we go to a councillor and work things out to save our marrige

This is hard for me to talk about, as a man I'm rather emberassed

Love Steve

Dear Steve

Could have talked to you maybe I should have, but please don't be emberassed

I love our family so much and want to go back it time for our marrige

Don't know if its possible, how do I know it won't end up the same over time

Maybe instead writting letters we can be face to face talking fine

Working hard yes you do, but you need to work hard for me too

I don't need money for love, I need you for me to make it through

Can we talk when your ready penning letters isn't what I need

Id rather look at your eyes to see how you react to me

Amiee

Dear Amiee

Face to face is okay but there is a question I need answered first

Truth is whats needed even though the answer just might hurt

Before we go any further I need to know before proceeding steps

DO YOU STILL LOVE ME

Dear Steve

My Answers Yes

Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 5:04am
Battler 6
 Man having an affair that the husband finds out about

The Re-Return

She is the nicest girl, a real high class bird

She is so fine you couldn't drive past her

I've seen her with her man, the abusive kind

Prone to smoking dope and bound to loose his mind

He leaves for work at a quarter to nine

As I drive up his road I see him walking by

I see a blackened eye as I pass her the milk

My hands brushes hers she's softer than silk

A slight shudder passes through her

There's a connection like I knew her

She gives me a bright "Hello" 

But she is missing her usual glow

A tear forms in the corner of her eye

I pull her in for a hug and she grips me tight

This isn't right, she is shaking from her audible sobs

How can he leave her like this the awful sod

She just needs love but he's just a c u n t

She's a stunner she could have anyone

I take her in to her living room and calm her down

I look at her and notice I can see down her gown

I quickly look away and notice she is looking alluring

A smile starts to form and she nods reassuring

We are caught up in a passionate love

Her lips meet mine in a masterful rush

We are taken by such powerful feelings

The sky is cloudless such mountainous beings

We fit together as well as Adam and Eve did

She has model good looks I can barely believe this

Me and my wife hardly ever have sex now

When we do it's a hand job, she doesn't have tits out

A trail of clothes follows us through the house

I take off my trousers as she removes her blouse

We make our way slowly to her bedroom

We kiss on the bed imma have her legs spread soon

As I kiss my way down her body i hear something behind

I turn to see her husband hurt and rage combined

He picks up the lamp and swings for my head

I move quickly but he grabs my leg

I don't see it coming as his fist smashes my nose

His hands around my throat as the blood flows

"Imma kill you and the bitch too" he shouts

She is screaming and pleading now

His head comes down on my face again

The last thing I remember i was dazed i think

I came too and he is lying in a pool of blood

A kitchen knife is protruding from his gut

Go my Minions!

nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 7:01pm
battler 3

I loved your concept the whole communication between the wife and the husband the flow was pretty solid bit at times it looked as if you compromised wording for flow and it made the read a bit awkward
the schemes were so so at times(most of the time) I did not like most of them and your approach had its UPS and downs well why aren't the couple together I felt you could've broken down the intro better none the less your verse was okay

battler 6

your approach was okay the intro was established well the story progressed smoothly but I felt some areas lacked detail the initial fight and etc explaining that area would've made your piece alot more vivid the short line approach was used well and the plot was nice with an acceptable ending the twist was nice cause I thought the husband would win the fight

over all real nice battle here but the story I felt had better qualities was battler 6's for a more enjoyable plot and rhyme usage
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 6:31pm
Holy shit!!! Both these verses were absolute fire! Great story telling and nice technical writting. This is going to be a tough one, but here it goes....

Battler 6:
Loved the wolf set up, the way you stuctured your verse really gave to its impact. I can tell you're a seasoned writer, the way your story flowed flawlessly. Felt more like reading a booked that rhymed than a topical, real smooth story telling here. The only criticism I have is, to me, it feels like towards the end your story started to feel rushed, but I'm going to chalk that up to line limitations. Solid verse fam.

Battler 3:
Again, definitely another seasoned writer. Technically sound and solid story telling through out. Flow was spot on from beginning to end and really helped the story just flow, read it twice actually was just that smooth imo. Really enjoyed the subtle sense of humor added to your story, set a nice tone and made the whole verse more enjoyable.

MVGT 3
This battle came down to story preference for me. Both verses were outstanding and against any other opponent these were both winning verses. I just preferred 3's verse, was a more enjoyable read for me. Like I said strictly story preference here, I'm very curious to find out who wrote these verses, absolutely outstanding and my pick for battle of the round good shit fellas and good luck!
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 11:16pm
Battler 3 - was an interesting take on the topic, I kind of expected a story running up to you finding out...like the "is she, isn't she" type thing so it was interesting you focused purely on the aftermath. I also really liked the format of your verse...the letters broke it up & brought in the both sides of the story thing, contrasts with one of the other battles I read in this round where the structure was bit too complex and went in too many directions. I thought you approached it in a real mature way. It was quite subtle actually that you said "love Steve" every time and then just "Aimee"

Criticisms, I think I'd react a bit more passionately / angrily to finding out about an affair!! It would've been cool if you'd built that emotional turmoil into the style of the exchanges...it was all kind of clean & factual where you could've put more raw anger at the start that dissipates over the course of the exchange (because obviously you get the passage of time between which let's heads cool)...that's a high level skill to be able write that into a verse though & I did really like the way you ended it..simple and effective.

Battler 6 - interesting again, not really what I expected from the verse...thought it'd be he confusion and turmoil of being "the other man" rather than actually being caught in the act. Kind of the opposite of Battler 3. You had a real smooth writing style and I liked the way you told the story, was good details but progressed the narrative.i thought that passionate love / masterful rush was an epic set. Mountainous beings was a dope metaphor too.

Criticisms, I didn't really believe the start of your story...you seem to be a random guy who notices this woman around with her husband & you approach her and she throws herself at you? I think it would've been a whole lot better way into the story if you already knew her in some capacity & you could've built off that in terms of he turmoil (the obvious one would be like, fuck it's my best friends wife or something like that)...and the ending was pretty obvious too. Don't get me wrong I did like the way you portrayed it...lots of detail on the romancing and then change of pace, means it was abrupt...so the approach matched the content, which I do look for added extras like that. But ultimately I think this was a pretty basic story that was written / executed well. I would've liked you try to take it into an unexpected / intriguing direction from a conceptual POV.

So yeah...this is a really difficult one to vote. In one aspect they are both a little bland (though nothing technically wrong) and in another aspect they are really strong. I think 3 had a really strong interpretation of the story & delivered conceptually in the way he wrote it. From a technical perspective, it was clean but a little bland...could've been brought to life a bit more. 6 was the exact opposite, I think he did a really good job of bringing a bland concept to life through strong writing technique and the way he told that story.

Not sure if I'm allowed to vote TIE. If I am then I absolutely would vote it as a draw.

If not, then I'm going to go for 3 on the basis that I think he showed more originality and wrote something more unexpected. But good job to both...I enjoyed both verses.
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 1:36am
Interesting take battler 3. I feel you had a pretty good verse; the back and forth with the letters was actually a pretty cool idea. My only gripe was there was nothing really stand out about the verse. It was kinda like ehhhh for me....I wanted to see more; I thought maybe he would have walked in on her fucking or something; but the overall story was actually on some real shit and I thought u described how the wife felt very well. The rhyme scheme was a little simplistic; thought maybe you could have spruced it up with some tighter multis. There isn't anything you really did bad; I just think you could have done a lot more with it. But props for the creativity as far as the letters. Nice drop.

Battler 3 - Very nice story; I wasnt personally feeling the short bar style; I think it hindered your storytelling. Rhymewise it wasn't a great display imo; not saying it was garbage but I'm saying I dont think you did enough in the rhyme department....I guess it was almost a little to simple is a better way to put it. Now if I look at it from a storytelling perspective it was a pretty dope verse. You described the relationship with her; how her husband treated her; and even put your on wife into the story for one line. The ending saved the verse in my opinion I thought you ended it on a high note. Overall a pretty good verse; i think you could have done way more with some longer bars but that's just my preference.

Overall it was kind of lackluster for me; both verses were good; but I dont think anyone really took the reins and really brought it home on their verses. Creativity definently goes to battler 3 but I think his story got a little boring....Battler 6's verse was short and precise with the story telling scenes but the closer was what really pulled me in. With that said I would have to give battler 6 the edge but this was a very close battle none the less
Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 12:29pm
Battler 3  - You started out well, jumping right into the climax of the story, as I got into the wifes response the story died down. I thought it would pick back up at some point but it stayed very mellow, Not much emotion came from either character in such a serious situation. Kind of made the read boring..

Battler 6 - I thought you were giving a great topic and expected more adventure out of this. The story came out of the gates low key with them meeting and coming in, Maybe it was the unrealistic feel to an abused women letting the milk man in but it never really grabbed my attention. You spent a lot of time describing the women but not what was going on between the two of you to have this intimate moment. The last line, could be an accent thing, but it didn't rhyme for me or end well..

I thought both stories was a let down and had a tough time with the vote, but at the end of the day
MVGT: battler 3 - While not a great story, it dug deeper into the characters and their inner thoughts.. 
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 3:21pm
Battler 3:  The scheme of this was very poetic.  The rhythm was fluid throughout except for maybe a line or two.  One thing that I noticed that I wasn't a fan of is that they are writing letters back and forth to each other and its just not realistic or truthful in a sense.  I feel this story lacked a lot of real raw emotion.  For example the husband finds out the wife is cheating and he writes a letter?  He seems way too casual.  Any husband who found out his wife was cheating would go into a full blown rage.  The story kinda just dragged on with no real climax.  You had the scheme down but It was just the lack of story and raw emotion I felt this verse was lacking.  Every line just seemed way too predictable.

Battler 6:  In the first section I'm already confused.  First your driving up the road and then your passing her the milk?.  I think you could have been a little more in depth with the detail and more descriptive as well. Also your flow seemed a bit off on some lines.  In your second section from corner of her eye all the way down to anyone I just couldnt find a flow or even a rhyme.  The was really off and rhyming just seemed basic.  You picked it up in the third segment with flow just slightly better than the beginning parts.  Okay now the way you ended it it was all over the place.  You really should have been more descriptive with what happened.  It all is just kinda out there.  The flow was off in a lot of places.  The ending lacked a certain wow moment.

Overall I wasn't  big fan of this battle.  I thought both battlers could have been more descriptive and put more time into a more interesting story.  MVGT Battler 3.  I thought both battlers had kinda boring stories they were equal with that aspect but Battler 3 was a just a bit more technical and fluid. 

MVGT Battler 3

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 6:11pm
Well this was cool. Deff many ways to approach this topic and I like what both did. #3 verse I felt was real creative. Had a great feeling to it. Everything flowed nicely. Your story was filled with emotions and the way you made the situation suck for the husband was impressive for me. What a bitch the wife is imo. #6 I felt started off slow and kept it simple then the story started to pick up I liked the finisher as well but I didn't feel as much emotion as I did in your opponents verse. I liked how battler 3 just got right into. Felt his approach was more clever. This is a close one but I got 3 edging this one being a but more creative.

Vote battler 3
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 10:16pm
5-1, Battler 3 wins