The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

I'm thinking of a new feature...looking for someone to write an article either once a fortnight or once a month. It's a classics revived segment. Idea is you go through the classics section and pick out an old drop and give it a quick review. What you like about it, how it stands the test of time (or not). I'd even be open to the occasional questioning of why it became a classic if you don't think it's good enough (although one of the senior members may be able to shed should light for you)

Segment would be called: BRINGING IT BACK

Anyone interested?

P.S. If there are multiple people interested I'm happy for different people to review different verses. That's not a problem!!

If possible have an occasional extra to it as well. Like if we catch an old head around that would be consider a "classic" member, whomever is writing this section can do an interview, ask him a few questions and choose that specifics person OM/AM/Battle or whatever it may be for the segment. 
Go my Minions!

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

I'm thinking of a new feature...looking for someone to write an article either once a fortnight or once a month. It's a classics revived segment. Idea is you go through the classics section and pick out an old drop and give it a quick review. What you like about it, how it stands the test of time (or not). I'd even be open to the occasional questioning of why it became a classic if you don't think it's good enough (although one of the senior members may be able to shed should light for you)

Segment would be called: BRINGING IT BACK

Anyone interested?

P.S. If there are multiple people interested I'm happy for different people to review different verses. That's not a problem!!

can i get a crack at this?? 

Hell to the yes, you smashed it out the park on that last one...you don't even have to ask
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2016 at 9:49pm
ha word man good looks! i'll have something sent to your inbox no later than sunday. possibly saturday even.

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 3:00pm
Another idea...SCHOOL OF RHYMES feature. Could be an interview format or a first person dissection of one component of writing. Idea would be to share the wealth in terms of more experienced writers and give an insight into the process as well as bits of guidance.
Venomonology View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venomonology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 8:04am

Another idea...SCHOOL OF RHYMES feature. Could be an interview format or a first person dissection of one component of writing. Idea would be to share the wealth in terms of more experienced writers and give an insight into the process as well as bits of guidance.

been a while since you put this forward, but I've only just seen it and I had a similar idea recently so I think this would be worthwhile. even if the format wasn't exactly as you proposed, just having the vets & more established members [semi-]consistently producing some kind of content that helps others. these could be incorporated into the elevation centre in some way too maybe?
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2016 at 7:52pm
Hit Sammy up man, he's the boss of the Mag now but sure he'll be happy to hear ideas and definitely more than ok if you've got a different spin on it than my idea.

Only thing I'd say about the Elevation Centre is we don't get many people reading that material (as far as I can tell) & even then it's arguable whether the right people are actually reading the content.

I think part of that is making it approachable and using a bit of creativity in the format. Hence why I think the mag is a good space for it...but hey man, if you want to take that way and try it out then go for it! All about the trial and error.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:09pm
Based on Self's Top 5 thread...

Might be cool if we did like a "focus" type piece / segment on some of the guys nominated as best battlers / topical writers and getting them to talk through how they remember the piece and what they were going for in it...

Might be cool feature.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:13pm
^ I like that.
#Bananas

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:20pm
Hmmm...

That could be interesting
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:21pm
Left this out...but I meant like their favourite verse or battle to talk about.
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:33pm
Yeah...I was thinking the same.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:01pm
dope idea cubes

D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 2:09am
A doom interview would be entertaining lmao
I can only fall off in space...
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 9:03am
Said no one ever.
#bananas
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Rutter knows best Rutter knows best wrote:

Said no one ever.

I can say the same to you accepting a battle against any one for audio but that's none of business lol
I can only fall off in space...
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 2:42pm

Based on Self's Top 5 thread...

Might be cool if we did like a "focus" type piece / segment on some of the guys nominated as best battlers / topical writers and getting them to talk through how they remember the piece and what they were going for in it...

Might be cool feature.

Ohhh I like this idea! I can do this up. Where is Self's top 5 list thread?

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 5:38pm
http://www.lyricalassault.co.uk/forum/top-5-all-time_topic42601.html

Smh, senior mod and doesn't even hyperlink.

Edited by Endeavor - 18 October 2016 at 9:50pm
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 8:49pm
Have a progression article for new comers,spotlight them,make them
feel apart of the forum via their stats,it would also have a knock on
effect,and when I say stats,I mean like activity/votes/OMs/witty post,
and all the in-between,the benefit would be this,they'd be less likely
to troll,they be more active knowing there being recognised and willing
to participate in ventures,and we'll get more returns in feed/votes and
a cleaner board all round...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 10:09pm
P.S. Crippler crossface is my personal favourite submission
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2016 at 12:54am
Yeah because you can only orgasm with another males hand between your legs

Figure 4 for lyfe!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic