Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 10:17am
Obviously the scale of the problem is much bigger in America...my point was that if a big country can deal with a gun problem, America can too. They won't because the issue is way too politicised when people say things like "the left" when I can Google "Wal-Mart assault rifle" can find a story from NY Times Which talks about Wal-Mart voluntarily withdrawing "assault style rifles" from it's stores.

The issue is really in my terminology and that I don't know that much about guns...it's not a left/right issue. Whatever left/right is.

That's also why you say "taking guns away cannot be the solution", really though, why? Plus, I never said take guns away I said restrict access to them. You can own shotguns here if you're a farmer, you can use them at a regulated gun club. I said restrict/control and you assumed I wanted to take all guns away.

There are a lot of guns out there...but if you required people to have licenses & made a condition of the license that you had to hand back all ammunition. Then heavily penalise/educate those who didn't do it then you would go a long way to solving the issue.

Personally I don't really have an issue with responsible gun ownership. I get that people feel passionately about owning weapons in America...but I find it really hard to understand why people won't accept controls designed to let responsible people continue to have and use weapons yet to try and prevent people who would misuse them from having them.

Really it's not a "right to bear arms" issue at all...its a paranoia about "big government" or maybe even any government at all. Which is the same reason there's all this "fake news" shit about...people, particularly in America, seem to seek out media channels which will tell them what they want to hear & which conforms to their world view.

To answer your other questions...

Why is it a problem for you to have 1000 rounds when you want to go to the range? Because you don't need to have the ammo to do that...you can get the ammo at the range. If you go to the driving range you get a big box of golf balls. Why can't it be any different in a shooting range?

Quite a few to disentangle in C...you mixed 2 stats really. Most mass (aka multiple person shootings) take place with non-handguns. You pretty much admitted that yourself when you cited handguns for most homicides. Yeah, and most homicides aren't multi-person shootings & you are probably even including accidental deaths in there as well. I.e. you're citing stats for "deaths" rather than "homocides". I was talking about a specific subset of shootings, which I imagine most of "the left" object to. Which unfortunately, may not happen "routinely" but are absolutely significantly much more regular than anywhere else in the world. I used the term "mass murder suicide" to reflect that it's a person walking into a public area and undertaking multiple random murders. They then either kill themselves or they get the police to do it for them. The point is, they walk in with the intention of not walking out of the place alive. We both know these guys (as it is generally men) have multiple high powered weapons (whether technically classed as semi-automatic or an assault rifle I don't know) and that's the real first issue we should be looking to deal with.

I'd also look to tackle accidental deaths though education. You know how to clean a rifle and all that...but have you ever been educated about the likelihood of your child getting access to that weapon and what the consequences can be? And the small things you can do as a responsible gun owner to minimise the risk of that happening? You might think that's common sense but it happens way too much for it to actually be common sense.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 11:07am
Originally posted by rhetorical rhetorical wrote:

Originally posted by Rutter knows best Rutter knows best wrote:

It's like you enjoy the fact that there are a ridiculous amount of murders, police shootings, mass shootings.

You deal in hypertheticals too much when in reality a lot of people die who wouldn't otherwise.

All I seem to hear is reasons not to take away or make it harder to get guns, I never here or see anything done to try and fix anything but that how ya'll roll each man for themselves.

so, just curious. Do you know anything about the current process of purchasing a firearm in the US?

urprisingly I'm wil not be as clued up as an american gun enthusiast. I'm sure all the informations out there though.

But like Cuba said it has been done in a smaller scale with gun control. It can work and does work in lowering mass shootings, homicides, and suicide by police.

You saying it wo t work there is an opinion, history has proven it can be done. You just don't want that. It's not a left or right issue. I get it though, your a young country, it's all you've ever known, it's part of your identity and it makes the individual feel safer. You don't want change but there is enough people that do, which is why people debate about this stuff.

You'll only see what you want to see at the end of the day. Your fighting for your own cause.
#bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 3:49pm
next they will outlaw knives. and you will only have spoons and forks.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 4:23pm
...its our second amendment that we have the right to eat with a knife and fork.
#bananas
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

pretty much where i stand on the issue. 

i guess at the end of the day, im a red blooded gun toting american. I love the fact that i have a constitutional right to own a tool that i can use to defend myself, my family, my property, and others from crime or violence with.

people kill people. . . they are the problem, not the guns. 

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 6:56pm

i guess at the end of the day, im a red blooded gun toting american. I love the fact that i have a constitutional right to own a tool that i can use to defend myself, my family, my property, and others from crime or violence with.

people kill people. . . they are the problem, not the guns. 

This
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 7:28pm

I can respect the honesty here atleast.
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic