Hip Hop Chit Chat: Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin' (Review)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kid Cudi - Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin' (Review)
    Posted: 16 December 2016 at 6:27pm
I've been waiting forever for this album to drop, Cudi has always been one of my favorite artists and i was very disappointed in the last album. This one DEFINITELY was a bigg improvement.

Act 1: Tuned
1. Frequency was fire, i heard that when it dropped. Slow, mellow vibes to start out with but a really good track in my opinion.
2. Swim In The Light continued the mellow sounding vibe but cudi was speaking some real on this song, talking about numbing the pain and i can definitely relate. Feeling the beat too.
3. Releaser, damn this song is entrancing, some hypnotic souding shit. The typa song u get lost in haha. This track is mostly just a beat with Cudi singing a few times. Still slow and mellow, im ready for a track that picks up the pace.
4. By Design (Fr. Andre 3000) this beatt haha. This definitely picked up the pace and changed up the vibe, this is some shit that makes you wanna dance lmao. This beat is crazy, 3 stacks put a dope ass hook on this track.
5. All In, i heard this one before the album release, this shit is dope, cudis speaking some real on this one, im feelin the beat as well, cudis singing is nice asf on this.

Act 2: Prophecy
6. ILLusions really gives off a MOTM vibe. This shit is super dope. Makes you wonder how depressed this man really was, this shit is deep.
7. Rose Gold (ft Willow Smith), beautiful song, the beat is fucking crazy haha. Willow Smiths back up singing definitely helped the track a lot but the lyrics are amazing.
8. Baptized In Fire (ft Travis Scott), this one is bangin for real, i heard this before the album drop. Cudis first verse goes in, travis scotts hook is dope, didn't expect anything less. This track is fire.
9. Flight At First Sight / Advanced (Ft Pharell Williams), a love song, but not bad lol. The first part (flight at first sight) is just him singing about love at first sight. The second part (advanced) he actually raps, the beat switches up and its really dope.
10. Does It, cudi does it haha. This track is nice, lovin the beat and the self empowering lyrics. The beat is really powerful. This track is really up beat, the hook is dope asf tol. This should be on the radio.

Act 3: Niveaux de l'Amour
11. Dance 4 Eternity, this one is decent, another love song, the production is great, his singing is good but i feel like it could've been better lyrically. Not bad though.
12. Distant Fantasies, very dark sounding beat, some girl did cudi wrong haha. Weird song but cudi is weird, i fuck with this.
13. Wounds, another dope beat, this album has had really great production in my opinion. You can really feel the passion in cudis voice in this one. Hes talking about going through his problems on his own, something everyone can relate to. Great song.
14. Mature Nature, this beat is very smooth and easy on the ears. Cudis vocals sound great, this man can sing. Great vibe on this one definitely something i'd listen to multiple times, very relaxing song.
15. Kitchen, diggin the production on this whole album, the beat on this is beautiful, cudis vocals are very relaxing on this track. He's done a lot of singing on this album and it actually sounds great. This album is way better than the last one.

Act 4: It's Bright and Heaven Is Warm
16. Cosmic Warrior, i fucking love the beat on this song. God damn this production is amazing. Definitely some outterspace vibes haha. This song has such a great sound to it. Cudi is back! Haha.
17. The Guide (Ft. Andre 3000), spacey but agressive production on this track, cudis first verse was nice, sorta fast paced flow. Andre came at this shit with a fire verse, his fucking flow was amazing, crazy rhymes, this dude always brings his A game. Cudis last verse was dope, the heavy breathing made the delivery cool asf.
18. The Commander, im feeling this production, very uplifting track. Cudi is speaking some real on this. Talking about being in control of your life even when you dont feel like you are. The "no,no, yeah" chant sounds almost the exact same as the one in "Heart Of A Lion" on MOTM. This is an amazing song.
19. Surfin' (ft pharell wiliams) i heard this before the drop, this was a pretty great closer for the album. Very dope beat, cudis doin his own thing ridin his own waves, he ain't ridin no bullshit ass artists waves.

This album was definitely worth the listen. At first i wasn't sure about this album when i check it out yesterday but i listened again today and this shit is amazing. Cudi is definitely back with some great music. Almost every song on this had amazing production, no songs were complete shit like most were on SBTH. There may have been one or two songs on this album that i didnt enjoy much but overall cudi just dropped an amazing album. I definitely recommend checking it out if you are a cudi fan or just a fan of good music in general. Old cudi heads will fuck with this for real though.

If any of y'all have heard this album, what do you think? Did you love it or hate it? Why? Let me know!!
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2016 at 10:47pm
Thanks for the review. He's one of my favorite artists so I will definitely cop this!
#Bananas

H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2016 at 6:09am
It's definitely worth it! One of the best albums of the year imo.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2016 at 6:24am
yo haze, this was thorough bro. you know a piece is good when it makes reader want to go out and check it out for themselves. props man. 

do the J-Cole album next!

H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2016 at 6:30am
Haha thanks.
I got you bro, i may start doing reviews as a regular thing when i got the time. Maybe everyone can drop suggestions for albums they want me to review. Ill definitely do the cole album.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2016 at 6:32am
oh hell yeah! i'm doing a end of the year mag, it would be dope if u can do a review piece of any throwback album. *cough*illmatic*cough*

H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2016 at 6:35am
Will do bro!! Im on winter break right now so i got plenty of time haha. Ill probably get that and the cole album review done tomorrow.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2017 at 5:52pm
Ok, finally got to listening to the entire album. It's different and very good. I'm a fan of this album yo
#Bananas

H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 5:39am
Hell yeah, shits fire. Y'all gotta check out Post Malones new album, i used to hate him, but the new album is straight fire.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic