Topic ClosedElevation Centre: Confused on Voting!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Jay Homicide Jay Homicide wrote:

To go back to a point I made last year, or the year before. It's why I support a 'must use template' system, everyone votes in a different style and it can be confusing as fuck to new guys about how to vote or which way to do it. I've always thought with one standard template we all use, it'd be a lot easier for people to see how you breakdown a verse, and therefore put forward a good vote.

No one was listening two years ago man
So at least freshen it up
Keep trying though, maybe give it a try three years ago
Sup Jay?

Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 9:10pm
Yeah voting does seem to be taken more seriously now. I think ultimately if you want people to cover set basis in terms of the content, you need to lay it out exactly what those areas are. 'A well explained cote' A) Is open to what you class as well explained and B) Doesn't mean a good vote if you don't have a good fundamental understanding of what you're supposed to be judging a verse on.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

Plus I still ain't wrote a damn word for the Royale yet, so don't hit me up with such a fundamental question bruv, I ain't got time to explain shit to the blind
Own it like me man
Say shit if you wanna
Don't if you dont

It's bout the tag shit. I'll hit you up in a bit
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 9:36pm
Jay
You are spot on mate
I hope you stay up and try to encourage this wisdom to hit fruition

Beano
Def hit me up fam, I got some mad ideas for this number, mostly cocaine based but no the less refreshing
Cool
Now am a try to hit notepad for an hour or so
Spect to both

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:09pm
'Holy shit' hasn't passed through my mind so frequently since I met that anal addict on christian mingle
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:23pm
*weighs up whether to respond...and if so, how harsh to be*

Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

Jay
You are spot on mate
I hope you stay up and try to encourage this wisdom to hit fruition

No, he's really not. Oh, btw, JayHom's voting statistic's...probably the same since he suggested the voting template however many years ago.

Voting Statistics

0 votes in the past 7 days.

0 votes in the past 30 days.

Gotta say though, great support for S Dubb here...no advice about how to get better, just the old "don't worry bro, you're amongst a tidal wave of shit voting. It's not your fault." 

Remind me not to give you a call if I need a legal defence. You'll be pleading out for 20 years for shop lifting. 

It's cool though, coz Spume probably has loads of real tangible of his own recent votes he can point to. Let's check the voting stats in his profile:

Voting Statistics

0 votes in the past 7 days.

0 votes in the past 30 days.

Nevermind...

Nothing like being the change you want to see in the universe, huh. It's cool though. Let's just complain about the votes you aren't willing to put in yourselves. 

As for the voting template idea. Listen, I respect suggestions aimed at making things better. But it just doesn't work. Here's why:

First hurdle. Is it a mandatory template or a suggested one? If it's mandatory, do I throw out EVERY vote that doesn't use it? What if it's an otherwise excellent vote? But I have to be super anal about process & rules? Because I remember when we tried that & the members weren't big fans of that. If it's guidance, are the people who actually need to use it (aka the so called tidal wave of people who don't know what they're doing) actually going to use it? Well, obviously not, they don't know what they're fucking doing so they don't know they should use a voting template. 

So basically...the people you want to improve are gonna not use it. Then you have to battle them to try and make them use it. Guess what, a whole bunch of people won't bother. Even worse, a whole bunch of people who ARE good voters will be turned off by it...so they won't bother to vote either. I for one would definitely be put off voting if someone told me how to do it. Let alone two fucking guys who don't do any fucking voting. 

Sorry but I don't have time for people who a) talk about how voting should be, but don't do it themselves; b) hijack a thread about EDUCATING a NEW guy about how to IMPROVE and COMPLAIN about voting standards (that's more @ Spume to be fair to Jay) & making ZERO contribution to suggesting how this guy can improve.

P.S. if you mother fuckers actually cared about voting. Recruit people to your crew & lead by example. Get voting in the way you think it should be done. Encourage your crew to do it. Give pointers on your crew board where others can't see it about how to be better. But don't piss and moan, coz otherwise you're part of the problem and not part of the solution.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:27pm
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Superior Member
Superior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 11:05pm
I just wasted ten minutes reading this overly contrived bullshit
You have had seven day spells without voting as has every bum on here! Please miss me with that crap...I am a knowledgeable voter with multitudes of solid votes on this site, plus I have always strived to help less developed members elevate on all aspects, including how to behave...so miss me again
What you are doing is being strategically selective with your answers as you are with your blatant favouritism
It fucking stinks, dont mug me off here, I can't stand it no more
You are not coming correct
I am not fucking moaning here I am potentially getting a fucking N in the Royale because you need a reality check and I'm your big brother
Although admittedly you have Mummy on side
Please sleep on this and wake up a better man

PS I love you ya bum

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 11:10pm
I'll do you a favour then, we can agree to disagree, I'll lock this & you can go write your 8 lines.

There is absolutely no favouritism though, people can look at my track record and what I put in for the site. I do this for the benefit of everyone, new member, old member, member from another site. Sorry if you have some kind of chip on your shoulder but I've got no favorites. I judge people by their actions and contributions.

Respect to Jay Hom for reading this then responding by voting. If anyone has a problem you can raise it direct or by the General Board.

Locked.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 11:10pm
Well. Obviously no one is going to help S Dubb in this thread so I'm locking this. If one does intend to help, make a new one.
#Bananas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic