Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rutter knows best vs beans- semifinal
    Posted: 14 January 2017 at 10:00am
Due Monday....
#bananas
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 12:37am
Last weeks deadline passed.. i'm left thinking not again man you've blown it
Reaching ya 11th hour don't mean u get that much longer to post than ya opponent

#bananas
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:50am
SEE...
I've beat you so many times & you still side W/Me. damn this mans wack
Not only would U take a lose, but prolly vote against yourself to get me into the champ match
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 4:30am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Rutt:  I like your play on the 11th hour but I feel since you got one punch you should have got a lot more personal and just nailed him with a haymaker.  I mean theres only one punch so you should come hard with it.  One real haymaker Rutt and you could of done some damage.

Beans:  Damn...Now thats a punch.  It's like Batman letting Robin know what the deal is in a way.  I mean damn...This is a real personal punch.   When it comes to a one bar punch this is what does it.   Get as ferocious as you can.  Beans did that.

MVGT: Beans...Way more personal and thats what wins battles...

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 9:31am

Rut's i like the comical side to this bar,it was a good personal and the punch also
found its mark,plus to be honest I think the angle in which you went at Beans was
good too,the fact you didn't go down the name flips route was refreshing really,also
I liked you set up aswell as it had a loose personal with in it here,the thing is,it did
lack aggression but that was more down to the fact you went for the humour aspect,still well done..

Beans I liked your bar too,you had the same elements as Rut's,but with some nice
aggression thrown in,you also went for the clowning route which worked equally
well for you too,your personal was nice and the punch also landed well,your
approach though was meaner for me,it came off as like you was up for this wanted this more,yet another good bar here..

Overall good little tussle,both had similar bars,both connected with their punches
and personals,but there is a winner here for me,and that was Beans,he seemed to
want this one more,as he had a directness to his bar,unlucky here Rut's you didn't
do anything wrong here,just Beans was the better man today really..

Vote...Beans..peace.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 11:57am

Rutter:

Where's the punch? There just flat out isn't one. It wasn't a great angle to take either tbh, throwing bars at someone about being late to post is just barrel scraping at it's highest. As for the technical aspect, blown it and opponent is a really forced rhyme. If you can't do a one bar battle without forcing a rhyme, then why bother at all? I'm shitting on you a lot here, but it's sort of tough love. This just wasn't a good outing on your part, for whatever reason.

Beans:

Good punch idea, and the set up was decent. On the technical side, there's nothing I can fault in the lead in line, that's well written, and not over worded. Punch line felt a little clunky, I saw the idea you were going for but I feel you probably could've fucked around with the wording with it some to make it as smooth as the set up. That's really the only bad mark I can put against your effort here.

MVGT/ Beans
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2017 at 2:27pm

Yo ! Sup guys

Rutts

Honestly I felt like there was a lot of potential in that setup, could've been used in so many ways but the punch fell soft if I am to be honest with you. Its like you are the employer and and he is the employee and you are annoyed with his habit of turning his projects in late but he is the star of your company and so you cant actually snap at him. You get my point? 
I've seen you go neck to neck with top guys but this one wasn't the same.

Beans

You defeated him many time and he still sides with you so thats supposed to make him wack? I guess I missed a comma in there so I'll give you the benefit of doubt . Ohk, Punch was good, execution was decent but could've been better, going after him for his leniency!! Damn thats slick (and almost creepy in a way).

Overall - Rutter had the play in there and his setup set the tone but his punch came out soft. Beans did capitalize on his opponent's weakness and had a better punch.

MVGT - Beans came more personal and had a harder punch here

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 5:44pm
Beans wins 4-0
#bananas
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 6:15pm
Now this was a great battle, both had good punches.....

Rutter:
I like the angle you took about him posting and the deadline..... Your set up was great I just felt you could have delivered a stronger punch.... This was a decent personal attack..... Flow was good..... pretty good bar....

Beans:
Wow, this was a really strong punch..... The only thing wrong with this is the fact that the flow was off, but that wasn't a big enough factor to hurt the punch..... As far as the actual punch goes, this one had it all..... The personal, humor, set up, and solid delivery...... great bar......

Vote- Beans

His punch was harder in all aspects...... good battle......
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic