General Board: Is the site as a whole ready for IC2?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the site as a whole ready for IC2?
    Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:31pm
It was planned to get sign ups going during the Battle Royale for IC2 going and at some point after the completion of BR for it to start. 

From the members perspective, is the site ready and capable of participating and voting or do you see a larger tournament as this getting dragged out for months due to lack of votes, late entries, and ultimately no shows. 

Most should already know this tournament but for those that don't IC2 or Identity Crisis 2 is an anonymous topical tournament. You don't know your opponents, voters don't know the battlers, and no one can see who votes for who until after the completion of the battle.

Here is the link to the first one:
Go my Minions!

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:34pm
i think the place has gotten real slow the past month. Maybe sign ups would spark the fire again.
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Beans Beans wrote:

i think the place has gotten real slow the past month. Maybe sign ups would spark the fire again.

What this guy said. Slow 
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:41am
sign ups are a must. lol....altho it has been slow the past week or 2 this tournament will def get people excited and more active without a fucking doubt.  Lets do this

DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 3:32am
yeah this was a cool concept, lets do this
The original comeback kid
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 10:19am
Although it has been slow of late,I feel this should go ahead still,after all it'll probably create a buzz if not at least the existing members will have something to concentrate on, as for me the needs of the few out weight the needs of many in this scenario........
peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 10:34am
From what I remember last time it was quite interesting. The taking the "names" out of you get some real surprises.

Last time I think quite a few older heads signed up, I know a lot of them helped with the voting.
#bananas
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 1:25pm
Don't seem like the site is ready to me. Unless people are just waiting in the cut ready to pounce on sign ups for this one particular event

I haven't been on this site for all that long. Its been slow for much longer then two weeks. It has stalled on every front since before Christmas. 

I have been pretty much off the site for the last 3 weeks and really not much has changed. I expected the topical twist month to be closed and its still waiting for votes. My KOTM verse sat on the front page for almost a month before just very recently falling back to page two. Same audios on the front page of the audio section etc. . . 

not trying to be negative. I'm just saying i wouldn't launch a league if the current activity is all i had to go off. 
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 4:17pm
Flipside of that is...when would you ever launch it if you didn't have the right activity? It's pretty much chicken and egg, though I personally think we need to understand the factors that made it successful last time (RKB highlighted some of these) & also analyse what were the factors behind the recent renaissance in activity vs the subsequent lull.

For me, we've lost a couple of the big givers in terms of feedback/voting recently. Hopefully they will be back around soon. But not sure I'd wait until we had the right pool of members around to do it.

People just need to commit to doing their bit when it comes to voting. I.e. if there's 8 battles in a round then you're gonna need around 24-40 votes to close all of them. If you're a participant and you don't vote at least 3 battles then you're likely to be shit out of luck when it comes to making the competition move forward. Crim is the man, but the dude shouldn't have to vote every battle every time. What happens when his internet goes down?

For me I think the question Law is asking is: "who here is ready to put up their hand to commit to doing the voting?" and I say to that...I'll do my bit.
NBread View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 4:47pm
Interesting.. I'll participate and vote
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 5:09pm
i will def do my part....I loved the last one we had.  I believe I voted on every battle. shit was dope..but yeah I'm ready to do my part

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 6:07pm
Alright. I agree with both points. and I'll set up sign ups in an hour or so and see what kind of turnout it gets.
Go my Minions!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic