Author
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warming up
    Posted: 25 March 2017 at 5:54am
I gave my all went from rookie to veteran
Raised the bar, ain't nobody I aint better than
Never hid from nothin, put the shit in public
Only For My Son helped wit the suffering
Real life in my music, feel like it's intrusive
When people take my hard times and try to abuse it
It's likely you'd do it only behind a computer
I type for a movement, write for improvements
I aint the kid sayin shit for hype and amusement
I worked my grind, on this earth refined
Now my only concerns gettin to work on time
I came in the game no drama just ravagin
I was 2 smooth I kon'd Cuba into Battlin
I was the most infamous, Renegade's was savages
No Illa than me, bombed harder than a Fatal activist
You wouldn't see a 2nd round even if you prayed to canibus
+Sick-Witted+
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 8:58am
Well stal this was a nice piece here,from start to finish it flowed well,i was liking the
contents here also,sort of came off as a biography into your view of LA and events
since you've been here,it also had a flex feel running along side it too,in parts the
emotion displayed was subtle and strong,then the brief history from your humble
beginnings with Cuba and you current crew,i always like to read pieces that have
factual content,as i get a glimpse into you as a person via the thoughts contained
within,and i'll stress now,although this had a nice simple approach,I feel that was the
right route to take here,(with pieces that between the lines are saying heaps, there is
no need to be complex),so props there and for the honesty as well,the ending made
me smirk too,the 2nd round ko/Canibus line was ripe i thought,good work here Stal,
and thanks for letting us in on your thoughts,an enjoyable read where the pleasure
was mine..a solid verse.peace.   
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 9:35am
damn bro, that was a wild ass 16.

I type for a movement, write for improvements
I aint the kid sayin shit for hype and amusement

that was my shit tho. I thought the nameplays on 2smooth/Ikon-Game/Cuba/illa were well done. overall a pretty rugged verse for shaking the dust off the notepad my friend.
#Bananas
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 10:02am
Feeling it. Wasn't some super-deep shit but it was a smooth and precise verse with no fat around the edges or unnecessary tangents. The wording and multis obviously helped that, nothing was awkward or needed reading over again. Good to see old heads getting on that old head type swag. The bar Neek quoted stood out but also the one about getting to work on time, I can relate to that as well as a lot of others past a certain age. Anyway good stuff man it did everything it needed to do, wouldn't mind seeing something more in depth either. Keep at it.
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 12:41am
yea man. . . cool 16 here. some good lines a few name drops. the key here was its fluidity and ability to just easily read along. i was digging it my man. Lets get something with a little more length on the next keyup 

pzz
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 3:26am
Stalin I love seeing you drop cus you and Que I looked up to when I first got onto this site years ago.  I studied your drops to improve my writing.  Thats the truth.  Thats why when I drop an OM its always reflects on my personal life.  I use my real life shit all the time.   Its like a stress reliever for me.  This was a cool drop.   I love how you were 100 percent truthful about your time on the site and your previous drops.   I absolutely love that type of honesty in peoples drops.  the amusements section was really fucking dope.  Worded very nicely and the truth always packs a harder punch.  The old school name references was dope it brought back some memories.

Nice to see you dropping Stalin...I want the drops to be longer next time.

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 3:31am
Lolol ok who's back on the map! Aye!!! Def not on the level of your drops in the past, not as deep, but regardless you had some quotables as well as some nice multis. I dig this. As I've seen already ppl saying it's short... but I can't hate, I myself like to write 16's over anything else. I know this site calls 1 bar as 2 lines but I disagree. This is a hot 16 (bars). I enjoyed the read, quick smooth with some wquotables. Also it makes it easier to feed when it's not 1000 lines, but everyone has their preferences.

Dope job Stalin, glad to see you getting your feet wet... although your probably playing us all and are gonna murder in the ic2... you motherfucking con artist!
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:51pm
Nice verse Stal

The opening I wasn't feeling to be honest, then you totally kicked it into overdrive. Some slick wording here from there on out...

The closer was dope.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 11:23pm
I thought this was a real nice warm up man, dug the 2smooth line but even the reflections on the only for my son saga was delivered poignantly...obviously you have to be aware of that to get the content, but it's nice you can deliver that message within your smooth flow, which you clearly haven't lost. If you can take that "content" approach and shape it sufficiently in the tourney you could be a dark horse.

Good to see you back around man.
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 12:17am
Good stuff, Stal.

It was straight and to the point. No fluff, no glitter. Just stern wording like your namesake. Your flow was smooth as usual and you had some nice moments of wordplay pertaining to your status, classic verse, and site history/members. It read like grown man shit. Solid.
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2017 at 9:09am
Thanks for the feed. I truly appreciate it.

Exo that shit means alot to me. You know you can hit me up snytime
+Sick-Witted+
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brotha Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2017 at 4:44pm
What up Stal!? Good to see you writing again bro.
This was a nice (shake off the rust) piece.
It started out a bit choppy,but about
halfway through everything
clicked together.

This bit here stood out for me...

"When people take my hard times and try to abuse it,

It's likely you'd do it only behind a computer,

I type for a movement, write for improvements,

I aint the kid sayin shit for hype and amusement."

In all honesty I know this is by far
not your best work, but it's
good for what it is. Good shot Stal.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 10:58pm
Meant to comment on this a lil back. Just to say I enjoyed this. The pace and the wording we're really smooth. The content was nice. Whole thing had a nice lil swag too it and you did you which no one else can.

Props.
#bananas
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 9:14pm
Those name drops got me interested...where would it have gone with another few bars? Pick this one back up . . .
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic