Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DTK verse for hopsin/token cypher
    Posted: 08 April 2017 at 3:59pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INtNZmUnaXY

I uploaded it, I'm still working on memorizing the closing bars. Obviously I'll be more animated during the cypher but lmk what you think so far.

Edit : sorry but I'm having a hard time embedding on my phone

Edited by DressToKill - 08 April 2017 at 4:09pm
The original comeback kid
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 4:14pm
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 4:15pm
Cheers fam
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 4:31pm
The lyrics are there, but like you said, got to work on emotions and delivery. I can tell you barely have it memorized by the speed you spitting (imo).

Personally writing to beats makes it easier to memorize for me. Regardless if you do to a beat or not, record it on the computer, get a really good recording of it, post it on SoundCloud as private and then just listen to it a bunch of times everyday.

This is posted in wrong section I think, mod will prob move
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 5:12pm
the lyrics are a fuck yes from me. 
it felt like you werent spitting anyway? i mean... put in some random beat and record this shit over it with full emotions and energy. i would love to hear that. 

Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 5:16pm
I imagined doing it accapella right off the jump..I mean a cypher usually is just lyrics no beat. As per emotion I can easily add some as I was just going through the motions. I do need to practice this about another 1000 times though to feel more natural when dropping it.

Thanks for the feedback guys
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by DressToKill DressToKill wrote:

I imagined doing it accapella right off the jump..I mean a cypher usually is just lyrics no beat.

not necessarily, bro. 

anyways im loving the fact that you are getting into audio game. im sure you will enjoy this cypher enough to start getting full tracks out. 
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 5:31pm
Rhyme scheme is vile...that should get you a lot of attention. Beyond the delivery (which we know we don't need to talk about because you said yourself this wasn't about the performance element) the only real critique I'd have is it feels like you've brought down the complexity of your concepts. I'm assuming that's because you want to broaden out the appeal, which is fair enough, but I'd suggest thinking about reworking it so you put in maybe 1 or 2 concepts throughout the whole thing that are gonna excite people...like get those guys who really understand their stuff to be like OHHHHHHHHHH, think that'll help you get the overall vibe up from the audience which will make you stand out.

I know you have those type of wow factor concepts in your locker because I've seen you drop em time and time again over the years. You just gotta find 1 or 2 more of them now and you'll be killer.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 5:41pm
i actually like this alot. lyrical content was dope to me. the delivery had a very conversational tone about it that made want to keep listening lol. this is good shit, Dress!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 7:26pm
Thanks for all the feedback guys. As per the content it's a different beast than text obviously since your focusing on flow and rhyme schemes but trying to add a bit of complexity in it vs text where concepts can go deeper with brief expos.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 9:01pm
props... thought the lyrics were dope... a few spots you could lose a word here and there but keep workin at it 
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic