Direct Link To This Post Topic: IC2 Round Two: Battler 2 vs Battler 15 [2 Wins]
    Posted: 10 April 2017 at 7:07pm
Identity Crisis: Round 2

- 20-60 Lines 
- Best of 7
- Battlers will be anonymous- Votes will be hidden
- Wednesday April 19th, Midnight UK time

TOPIC

In the link below is your topic/round theme.

Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:16pm
Battler 2

I can’t remember. But I know I was there
Mother told to push while she was choking for air  
Vitals low, pulse slows the harder she screams
As I tore through cartilage, flesh, and intestinal seams
Ribs crack between every contraction she reached
As I passed the birth canal, blood splatted and breach
My first breath marked the last one she would breathe
My mother. the first victim of this evil conceived
As a child, I understood people treated me different
Foster kids eat with the parents, while I eat in the distance
Misery and deceit sinks it teeth in existence  
My need for compassion no longer existed
The girl on Hickory Ln. that stays upstairs in her prison
Rumors around town was I was sick or demented
Tinted windows, blinds barely cocked back to the side
From the right angle, you can see the girl standing inside
Peering into a world that would just rather she hides
Fearing a world that would find relief whenever she dies
She finds strength in Wicca, conjures powers and spells
Powders, reptile tails mixed with flowers and scales
Soul lost to the wicked, its been devoured in hell
Her last act, shed the physical skin that surrounded her shell 
Killed her family in their sleep, carved verses of pain
5 point star on the floor, a knife traversing her veins
Drawing powers from Baal, invoke his spirit within
As she slits her wrists, her soul transfers to a reflection of sin
Mary Tudor left this world the same way she stepped in
Smothered in blood, plasma coated gelatin skin
Now driven by the pain that she felt when alive
So others now feel that same pain she contrived
And at night you can hear her, almost calling to you
She feeds off the heartache you ever swallowed or knew
And if you follow the voice I can show you the way
Look in the mirror, turn off the lights and just say

Bloody Mary,
Bloody Mary,
……..
Bloody Mary

Go my Minions!

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 1:17pm

Battler 15

“Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?”

She appears at your weakest moments, presence revives and gives you focus 
Her eyes first noticed like crystals vital to life's hidden purpose
Glides peacefully overtop the waters surface, wings weightlessly move towards you hopeless
A feeling of closeness as shes moving in, reaching out to touch her supple skin 
..Your world begins to spin 

The unexpected feeling of frost, fingertips blackened unimaginable pain is brought 
She takes her halo off and the visions lost, realization that her beauty was conned 
A monstrous beast is spawned, with wicked claws and stature of Gods
Skin scaled and dripping with tar, wings weathered, beaten and scarred 
Take a look around, no idea where you are

Deep in the cellars of hells basement, seeked but never found by Freemasons 
You're chained as the beast sleeps tentatively in isolation
Decorative corpses hung from Lennon to Mary Magdalene
Reminiscent of lies he created through virgin insemination
Linen covers the eyes of the world wide population
False proclamations brings fear to biblical nations 
Effective manipulation of brains through fictional hypnotization

A bell rings and breaks his meditation
He's salivating eyes rounded gazed into the mirror satan 
He knows his mission statement, no explanation
The bell signals an invitation to a soul desperate for revelation
Families praying for communication try to save a loved one aching
But their will is breaking as he suffers giving into damnation
Weak souls on the edge of breaking for the demons taking
Their last breaths patiently waiting
He Hurls himself air bound like a flock of Ravens
Wings expanded have him elevating shaking earths foundation
Hymns of awe making smoke signals to the feast he's claiming

Demon landed on his feet he's standing
Ground surrounded embers flames are dancing
Advancing towards the damned an entrancing misunderstanding
Hands expanding as his talons lancing 
Blasting through his chest cavities rips and thrashing
His anatomy destroyed callously gallons of blood amassing
Victims chanting worthless prayers its babbling
His Voice demanding speaks subtly and romancing 
“Embrace the pain in laughing, feel your chest collapsing,
Give your love to me in passing, as your hearts extracting,
And Realize exactly all the lies you've been practicing”

The light at the end is daunting and what lies ahead is haunting
Your soul is wanting answers from God but there's no responding 
The monsters been plotting since before you were crawling
Each prayer is causing his growths evolving
There is no stopping 

The only difference between a prayer and a death wish
Is that with one you're aware of the consequences
Go my Minions!

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 9:57pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Battler 2:  I was feeling the story.  Conceptual wise you stayed on point.  I felt you were descriptive in some sections and not so descriptive when it came to a fulfilling the whole story.  The mechanics in this verse was for the most part pretty spot on.  I would of liked to see some more internal rhyming and get a bit more intricate with it.  Tho you did have some stand out sections.  This was my favorite part and what I consider the highlight of your verse.  

"She finds strength in Wicca, conjures powers and spells
Powders, reptile tails mixed with flowers and scales
Soul lost to the wicked, its been devoured in hell
Her last act, shed the physical skin that surrounded her shell 
As she slits her wrists, her soul transfers to a reflection of sin"-----I felt this part was down right fucking dope.  You painted a really clear and vividly dark image in my head.  This also flowed super fucking smooth.

Overall this was a great and entertaining read. Your choice of bloody mary was stepping out of the box a bit in my opinion and you could have chosen a much simpler legend so to speak. I would have enjoyed a little bit more descriptive detail in the killing of of the family instead of just killed them in their sleep.  You could of really worked that angle a lot more to your advantage.  I did like how you described her birth mother dying at birth.  Great verse thanks for a dope read. 

Battler 15:  Concept wise...fuck yeah.  I absolutely loved the concept and not just that it was the way you executed it that really drew me in.  The poetic vibe with beautiful descriptiveness in some areas was pretty fucking stand out top of the line stuff for me.   

"  She appears at your weakest moments, presence revives and gives you focus 
Her eyes first noticed like crystals vital to life's hidden purpose
Glides peacefully overtop the waters surface, wings weightlessly move towards you hopeless
A feeling of closeness as shes moving in, reaching out to touch her supple skin 
..Your world begins to spin "----The last bar was really nicely written.  With the gliding over the waters surface  and supple skin.  I really liked that.  One thing that bothered me about your verse tho is I feel you could have worded it better to give your flow that extra umph to make it that much better.  I feel you may have sacrifised a bit for the poetic content a bit.  If you incorporated a little more of an intricate flow in this it would have been that much better.

"  The unexpected feeling of frost, fingertips blackened unimaginable pain is brought 
She takes her halo off and the visions lost, realization that her beauty was conned 
A monstrous beast is spawned, with wicked claws and stature of Gods
Skin scaled and dripping with tar, wings weathered, beaten and scarred 
Take a look around, no idea where you are"---This is some scary shit.  Well worded  but again the descriptiveness and how you described the situation is fucking impressive.  Painted such a vibrant image in my head.  In your next segment everything was right on point but I did not like how you ended it with your last line the feast hes claiming looked like it was stranded out there.  Did not go with the flow at all.

Now from that point to the closing I feel you really nailed what writers strive for and that is painting images in the readers head.   Altho I thought your flow could have been advanced more in the entire verse I feel Your descriptive writing and the concept you chose was very creative.

MVGT: Battler 15...Altho Battler 2 had a well presented verse and his flow was a bit more to my personal preferences I feel he lacked a bit on creativity and descriptive writing.  Battler 15 really went out of his was to make his imagery more vibrant.  Thank you both for 2 great reads.

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 11:52am

Battler 2..

Now this was a nice verse,the flow/tempo was Slick indeed,the concept/angle was
very creative,and the story was up on another level because of the partial factual content,you took a real monster from old,and created a view via details and wording
a new one,the contents and the story line/progression was highly original and fresh,i
also thought it to be a brave move too,as you didn't choose from the pool of monsters
on offer,instead you created your own version of a monster,which in essence she was,
such an evil queen that showed no time in remorse in her quest to return a country back to a Catholic state,and boy did that bitch cause her subjects pain trying,I feel
you represented her mind set well within this verse,she was a hated and in truth a
lonely queen,who festered on hate for anything not Catholic,I do have a little gripe
here though,there's a wealth of info on her that you could of capitalised on,like the
burning ppl at the stake in their droves scenario,I would of liked that to of been
included also,but i'll stress now,it doesn't take anything away from this piece in the
slightest,and the twist was kept well nearer the end is when it gets exposed,solid
piece..

Battler 15..

Yep that little skit to open your verse was paraphrased well,their not forgiving entity's in
flowing brilliant white gowns,as the Bible states their are an army of Gods wraith,their
purpose is his bidding,your inner rhymes are working well in this piece,they giving off
a layered effect all whilst keeping the rhyme popping along,nicely done,the concept/
angles were also crafted to a factual theme really well here,I must say i'm truly liking this approach by you and Battler 2,your wording fitted nicely within the flow/tempo you
provided too,i'm impressed as this isn't easy to grasp or do quite fluently let alone
achieve,you also had heaps of references to the old world via the religious tones incorporated,you even in parts make it feel like a cult gathering of a sacrifice,and the way you closed out was ripe,like we brought it on ourselves,like we had a clear chose
with no grey areas,(if only things in life is that decisive eh),this has been a solid verse,
in which the pleasure was mine on reading,great work..

Overall it pains me to have to vote a winner here,both had awesome concepts,i really thought Battler 2 had the more original angle out the 2 verses,but Battle 15 had a more concise verse on the whole,both pleased on reading so props here ppl,but for me Battler 15 had more of the elements i like to read in a piece..seriously Battler 2,you
were unlucky here today,but props for real..

Vote...Battler 15...peace.    

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 2:48pm

I feel like my vote might be controversial on this, considering how I think the majority might vote.. But its mainly based on what I believe makes a good topical verse. Flow plus story plus imagery.

Battler 2: I feel like whilst your rhyme structure was less creative, its simplicity led to a nice flow. You kept to the basics of story telling, a detailed background to engage people, before cementing why there is conflict, then finally dropping the bomb of what the purpose of the piece is in a very clean and precise way.

As she slits her wrists, her soul transfers to a reflection of sin
Mary Tudor left this world the same way she stepped in
Smothered in blood, plasma coated gelatin skin

This was a really dope section, liked the Mary Tudor reference in particular.

Battler 15: Whilst I enjoyed reading your piece, I feel like it was weaker as a topical piece when considering the previously mentioned factors. Your flow at time was fantastic, especially in the beginning. However, moments like the third section were awkward to read, as it felt like multi central, losing its focus and authenicity as a sacrifice. Story wise, even though I enjoyed the concept and topic, it was less of a story, and more of a description. Which isn't the end of the world, but anyone can talk about blood being everywhere, and how horrible something looks - It takes more creativity to do that whilst having an engaging arc for readers. This read more as a poem than a story. I will, however, say that you won on imagery. When you described things, I could visualise them. Whilst your opponent was good on that too, you took it to that next level.

Therefore, even though the second piece had greater imagery, I found the story of the first more engaging, whilst enjoying reading its format more.

MVGT: Battler 2.

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 7:48pm

Battler 2

As a child Bloody Mary, Candy Man, and the infamous Ouija Board were like the unholy trinity of games you don't fuck with. So this was a pretty Nostalgic read to say the least.

What I enjoyed most about your verse was the attention to detail you incorporated within it. Everything from Mary's vicious birth, to her lonesome life as a foster child, to her sacrificial death was all extremely visual and well thought out. One instance in particular that standout to me was the part about about her being covered in plasma and gelatin like skin. The was insanely graphic and perfectly detailed.

From a technical writing point of view I think you checked all the boxes. Your internals were dope and your slants rhymes were nicely placed. Your wording was also crisp, as I had no problem following the progression of your story. There may have been one or two awkwardly phrased lines, but for the most part however your diction was amazing.

Great read!

Battler 15

I'm not sure if you wrote the quote in your intro. It sounds familiar. Regardless, it was a perfect inclusion and lead up to the story ... as too was the picture you chose.

You had some very evil and elegant imagery that I really dug. Things such as, "she takes her halo off, skin scaled and dripping in tar, weathered wings, beaten and scarred, salivating eyes, hurled .. flock of ravens, and victims .. prayers .. babbling .. worthless". I loved all of those lines and the vocabulary and language you used to tell you devilish tale. However, there were some moments when the story was a little vague and too abstract/poetic . There were times I wish you would have focused more on a concrete narration so I could really see the events unfold as I read alone. That's my biggest knock against this piece. Although, let me say this -- your last two lines maybe the best bar I've read in this entire round. Brilliant finish.

VOTE -- B2

I actually thoroughly enjoyed both verses, but I feel as if B2 took a slight edge by having more visual content. I loved the haunting poetics of B15's piece, but idk, going solely off my gut I have to give the nod to B2. Stellar battle. Sick match up.

Peace..
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 5:22pm

battler 2, cool topic man. i've always been a fan of the bloody mary legend lol. The strength of this piece was the plot and character progression. You did a great job painting her tumultuous past. can't help but feel for her. The bit about eating alone while everyone ate with their family was an awesome imagery. flow was pretty smooth. every consonant hit right on cue. rhymes were clean and made the piece move along nicely. although i like the general progression of the character, i wish you developed her a bit more. I never got a concrete reason as the why no one likes her. That was really the biggest qualm i had with this piece. overall great effort, friend.

15, awesome picture! ok so this story tells of an angel of vengeance, i believe. I was a bit confuse with the overall plot. I think you should've omit that foreword at the beginning because i can't tell if the monster was an angel or actual demon. The mechanic was problematic to me too. I've never been a fan of rhyming using suffix for a prolong period of time. i felt u over did -ation and -ing scheme. wording was weird at places also. ex:

He's salivating eyes rounded gazed into the mirror satan 

What does that mean?

vote/ 2. i thought despite some issue with characterization, it was the better executed piece. Although i do admire 15's ambition, i felt the overall execution was not as great as 2. well done, guys.

Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 8:03pm

Both superb verses here ... so I'm afraid it's set nit-picking dial to 11

#2 started really well, flowing crisply from the off.

Consistency of rhyme quality dips a bit occasionally but the imagery is well done and helps keep the verse moving.

The whole concept and feel of the piece was really nicely done.
I do have the sense you would have liked to spent more time on it, as parts are so well written that the interspersed single syllable end rhyme lines stand out as basic as a result.

The end gimmick was cracking ... the way the end graphic jumps out at you after the 3rd Blood Mary was I'm sure the intention, and very effective.

#15, nice picture, thanks.
First the quote at the beginning. I not sure how I feel about this.
I assumed it's from a film I haven't seen ... so I googled it and it is ... word for word.
I worry that others may not realise this ... and credit you for penning these lines.
But then I guess I worry too much about these things.
Is 1995's The Prophecy so well known that it can be used in this way without fear of confusion? .... discuss.

The words of Geoffrey Widen do make for a dope start though ... so I'll just deduct points for the fact they don't rhyme. ;-)

Similar to your opponent in how the rhyming complexity comes and goes, though with this there were more looser rhymes throughout ...
Does a great job of matching the syllable stress (so it flows excellently) but at the expense of female rhymes of the syllables themselves ...
Prolly a poetry thing, what do I know ... I'm just a rhyming guy.

Again superb imagery, and nice piece in general.
But I just found it a harder going read.

And you used the "word" Seeked ... so must be named, shamed and outcast when this circus is over.

MFVGT #2
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 1:54pm
Battler 2 wins. 
Go my Minions!