Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IC2: Verse of Round 1 - VOTE
    Posted: 10 April 2017 at 7:32pm
What's that coming over the hill? Is it a monster?

Right, now that's done, down to business. You fuckers listen to me, ok? You sons of bitches did a great job in the voting in the first round, a real great job, so now The Law wants to ask a little favour of you, tell us your favourite 3 verses from the first round & nobody gets hurt. We don't want a my little pony themed quarter final situation on our hands do we? 

Ok, that's what I thought. To avoid that, we need you to pick your favourite 3 verses from Round 1 and state them IN ORDER. Cubes (that's me) will take your nominations, put them into a spreadsheet, giving 3 points to first place, 2 points to second, and so on (actually, it only goes on one more). Once we add up all the votes, that verse will go forward to be in with a chance to win VERSE OF THE TOURNEY.

Yup, you guessed it, more voting required in future rounds assholes, so keep that in mind when reading those verses. We may or may not combine it with a series of staff picks, after all, 32 verses is a lot of fucking verses to only take 1 from. Whereas the final, well shit, that's like 50% chances there.

Got it? Ok, let's do the damn thing!!
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 8:41pm
Dope idea! This is gonna be really hard tho. I'm re:reading all the entries. That's gonna take some time, but I'll come back with some picks as soon as I can.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 9:31pm
Obviously you can't vote for yourself. We will know. We'll always know.

Edited by Cuba - 10 April 2017 at 9:36pm
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 10:58pm
Oh man I have three very VERY strong candidates. Aawww man!

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2017 at 2:24am
Okay, so I went back and reread every verse ... multiple times ... and Jesus Christ ... there are some real beast in this tourney. Some battles were so close I'm not sure they don't need recounts. Seriously, even some of the losing verses may have been slightly better than some of the winning verses (imo of course). But then again, I can't even say that with absolute certainty, which is a testament to talent pool involved. In any case, after much debate and .... uh fuck it. Here's my top 3.

1) B11: What's not to like about what he wrote? The mechanics were fuckin superb. The wording was crisp. The imagery was vivid. And the story was cohesive and complete. Plus, the atmospheric sense of panic, terror, suspense, and emotion was all there. Dope shit! Cinematic.

2)B13: Again, what's not to like? I loved the lingo of the verse. The clever dialogue. And the atmospheric sense of innocence mixed with mischievous evil. It was naive and creepy, sinister, and unexpected. Kind of hard to explain. You'll just have to read it with the picture firmly in mind. It was kind of like the little rascal meets Lord of the Flies directed by Quentin Tarantino. The entire time reading it I had that Nancy Sinatra "Bang bang I shot you down" song playing in my head. Creepy!

3)B16: His verse read like some sort of weird Japanese anime/video game/horror movie crossover. Which was pretty dope given the theme he went with. I think he executed the hell out of the topic and painted a very vivid and visceral image while doing so. Props.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2017 at 6:40am
aite i got

9. I got this for its creativity. Concept was a dope one and for a piece that short, the characterization was on point!

32. An overall dope concept and execution. Fuckin love that verse!

4. This one one different from the others because it was a losing verse, HOWEVER, the way the story unfold, the tone, the diction, everything came together so nicely. NOt to mention that heartbreaking moment at the end! 

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2017 at 11:09am
Thanks guys...keep these coming people. The more people who get involved with this the more it will even itself out. So don't worry about making sure your selections are 100% perfect as if we get like 15 sets of votes then the cream will naturally rise
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2017 at 7:09pm
1,Battler 18,although he lost he had a verse that caught the picture well,plus with the
multi's and line lengths it was a real smooth read,but what makes it stand out for me
was the concept he used,it was a creative piece.

2,Battler 6,i liked the depth he displayed,plus his verse came at a constant without
many if any hiccups,and it related to the picture well straight from the off, it was
also a great read on the whole..

3,Battler 4,again another verse that didn't win but it had character,I liked this more for the out of the box thinking that went into it,also another verse with good line lengths and flow,it had a great concept and direction in subject matter..
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2017 at 7:29pm
I'm just gonna go for the 3 who I read who I felt had the best story telling...realistically it was having that 'narration voice' throughout the piece:

Numero uno = Battler 21
Numero duo = Battler 9
Numero treizo = Battler 12

Like I say, those are the 3 out of the ones I read...I had Battler 32 a close third but I wanted to recognise that 12 had a great verse, just lost to an even better one.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2017 at 9:51pm
More votes please or we'll have to just pick a selection ourselves
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 6:58am
I haven't had a chance to go through all of them, but 9 was my favorite of the ones I did read
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 11:34am
I haven't read all top to bottom.

9 and 26 were the ones I enjoyed most. Both conceptually were very creative and executed really well.
#bananas
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 6:19pm
Not sure if i read all verses, however I gotta give cred to battler 7 and 26 for delivering the best match in the first round. 26 won no doubt still the verse from 7 definitely deserve some recognition.

I also gotta give props to battler 9 for a really slick verse.

So... 7, 9 and 26 gets my votes. 
It's gonna be interesting to see who these twisted people really are, I have no clue.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 6:53pm
You need to put them in order guys...I will give +3 to your first pick, +2 to second pick and +1 to third
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 10:33pm
 I'll re read them em tonight and drop my top 3.  Really great work for round 1

Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 12:41pm
Sorry if I'm too late on this.
I had a shortlist of 4 that I only just got around to re-reading ... so I now got:

1) 14
B) 9
iii) 4

cheers
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:21pm
1-26
2-9
3-32
#bananas
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:44pm
One, Eleven
Two, Four
Three, Twenty-three

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 10:12pm
Thanks guys, this gives me a Top 3 of Round 1 as follows:

1. Battler 9
2. Battler 11
3. Battler 4
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 7:31am
the lady in white 

NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic