Author
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #3
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elite - Forever (Not Alwayz)
    Posted: 22 April 2017 at 9:03pm

https://soundcloud.com/elite-14/forever-not-alwayz

Back with my first original material in months. This track details some things I was going through during a bad period recently, so hopefully you can see where I'm coming from on this one.

New album on the way. Peace

LVL Productions 2017
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 9:22pm
This is dope bruh. Gotta wesst coat feel to the beat. Your mic voice and delivery have improved greatly. I can hear the emotion in it. Shits nice bro. I'm feeling this, laid back vibe with a message. Looking forward to hearing the album. 
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 10:09pm
thanks for listening man!
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 12:12am
Ok, playing as I feed. Beat is cool, nothing amazing, but something I'd spit to too. Now we starting, I like how this is mixed with the voice sounded like it's off a phone or radio or some shit, I like how it breaks it up, some parts hard to hear tho.

Ok verse started quick with great delivery and a nice scheme at the start. It's mellowing out now, gonna give it a sec....

First verse was dope I like the delivery, I feel like this is one of you better sounds I can remember. The hook is alright, the verses are the bigger highlight here no doubt. Overall this was a nice little track out together, mixing is cool, verse was dope, especially first part with sweet scheme in it.

Solid drop here elite!
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 5:46am
THEY SAY I CAN'T COMMUNICATE!!! MAYBE IM TOO FULL OF IT...

This beat is stupid sick. like legit.

im digging this.

"might spray the nine and pray"..your flow is potent. 'death on the fragrance'...

this is some shit you could smoke to. mix sounds very nice man.

damn bro. this shit is real sick. not much else to say except it needs an auto-replay feature lol.

#Bananas
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 2:00pm
Good looks on the feed guys!
Kairo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kairo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 3:10pm
I just want to preface this with the fact that I'm new and have a fairly mainstream point of view in terms of what I like in terms of musical quality. 

The first thing anyone hears is the hook and I think there's a really really strong idea here. The background voice with distortion / pitch shifting is incredible ~ even in terms of the mixing it was so clear I understood everything you said. Great job on that. My only hesitation with it, what separates this from being perfect is the "something lasts forever". There should be a bit more variation, change the pitch for every other "ever", like speak it a pitch/tone lower (right now you're implying an "E" for every ever, drop the second one down to a "Db" notation wise). It will add some color/variation. 

Lyrically I think this is hella strong, once again great job on that. The verse is definitely the highlight, emotionally charged, lyrically potent, and the flow is hella smooth. Overall, great job!
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 3:33pm
Thanks man! There actually is a 4th layer with variation on the Ever, but it is rather quiet. Im gonna be tweaking and re-recording some bits for this for the album version.

Get at me in my PM bro, i would really love to have you do one of those dope ass singing hooks that you had on Shortcomings of Society.
Kairo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kairo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 4:14pm
Word! Okay yeah, maybe boost that or make it the main layer for the second ones or something of the sort just to help that lower note come through. Great track though, can't wait to hear what other stuff you've got.

Will do! I'm glad you dug it!

EDIT: Not yet a "Groupie" on the site as soon as I hit it I'll PM you lol.

Edited by Kairo - 23 April 2017 at 4:23pm
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 5:01pm
No need bro. Just hit my email

willsmith2700@gmail.com
harrydirtface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harrydirtface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 7:50pm
first thing, the beat is nice. simple but effective with a nice synth coming through in the background. 

your voice sounds very dope with the telephone effect on it for the adlibs. in fact, your voice sounds nice for the whole track except maybe the hook. there's something i cant vibe to about it.. i think it just needed a little more experimenting with your voice, maybe a softer tone or something. im no expert on singing though lol. 

dope concept too. 

overall its a nice track bro, i fuck with it!!

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 11:03pm
haha yyeeaaaa! love the arrangement bro. very epic, imo, the way u breakdown each segment to their own element. beats dope too man. ur beat, right? my only gripe was that i wish it was a bit longer, i guess depending on how u take it, it can be a good thing or bad thing. delivery was crisp, lyrics was ill. 

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 11:12pm
thanks man! beat was not mine btw. i dont rap on my own beats too often.
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 3:22am
This was flames man had some heavy J Cole vibes especially that one flow you hit near the middle of the track. Awesome single.
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:49pm
Aye good looks mission
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 5:11pm
The beat was cool. Had a west coast feel to it sounds like something you'd drive to on a hot day. It added to the atmosphere of what the track was all about. The hook was good, it was snappy and a quotable imo. Your mic presence and flow were on point, I didn't hear you scrambling to fit a line in or finish one early to leave the beat hanging. The lyrics in general were dope, didn't have a problem with them. Only thing I wasn't too keen on was the long intro but if that was your intention then fuck it lol. Good stuff man, keep it up.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:32pm
I like this. Not much I can say that's different than what others said. Your hook vocals could be a little louder, as the beat overwhelms the vocals a bit. The hook is where your voice should be louder, so maybe sum all the layered vocal tracks together and put them through a compressor so all parts sound equally loud.
Insert something rappy here
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:38am
Good looks Goryo and Jehu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic