Author
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Album Debut
    Posted: 28 April 2017 at 10:17am
What's good everybody. I know I've been ghost for the last few months, but believe me I've been working. I'm happy to announce that next month I will be releasing my debut album. All original content, no features. The project is called Like It Or Not and has been in the works for about 7 months, it all came together very naturally. It's a lot of experimentation , it doesn't really follow my usual sound, there's something on it for everybody. Songs with straight bars no hooks, songs with catchy hooks and nice melodies, deep substance based songs and songs with great beats and production, something for everybody. The album is littered with skits from actual conversations with one of my crew members and some of our experiences which tie the songs together as well as some voicemails I saved. This is my first release under my label Third Party Productions so I'm excited to see how it's received. The album will be available for preorder on ITunes on May 14th, and will officially release in online stores and streaming services such as Apple Music, Google Play and Spotify on May 26th, my mother's birthday. You can check my SoundCloud for some singles from the project. Here's the tracklist.

1. Like It Or Not
2. Banger
3. Money & Success (Single)
4. Ground Up
5. Switched Up
6. Old Ways (Single)
7. Under 21 (Single)
8. 100 Percent
9. Life or Death
10. Entry 4:41 (Single)
11. Woke
12. Identify
13. Forward
14. Made It Through
15. Don't Doubt Yourself

Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 11:57am
im guessing banger is the bars song

and woke is the deep song.

anyway Mission, best of luck with this bro, I genuinely hope it helps you get traction toward your goals.

drop a sampler for us. I know endeeze wants an autographed poster tho.
#Bananas
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 4:26pm
All the best for this album..

I'm guessing a snippet is out of the question?..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 5:30pm
Word bro, I need that poster. It's empty next to Neek's signed poster dating 99
#Bananas

Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

Word bro, I need that poster. It's empty next to Neek's signed poster dating 99

Stick it next to Barry Manalow, don't hold your breath on the autograph. Mish don't work for free.
#bananas
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 10:28pm
yo, salute on this, Mission. handle ur business, bro

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 6:42am
I can definitely put together a sampler for y'all and endeavor I never thought about a poster Ima see if I can make that happen. Lol @rutter never too busy to sign some autographs bruh gotta connect with the fans
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 2:55pm
Delete

Edited by CHAIN - 29 April 2017 at 3:03pm
+Sick-Witted+
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by CHAIN CHAIN wrote:

There's something on it for everybody huh...

You're a talented dude but you need to step up your elevator pitch.
Understand that as an artist your image/back story/mystique is just as important as the music if you really want to get on.
That tracklist is looking extra regular. The title of your album is also very bland. I'm not saying this to hate on you.
But everything about your post screams mediocrity.
Focus on your unique selling point and what makes you different.
Like why should we as listeners give you a chance?
Why are you THAT dude?
You're a new artist, so the experimentation angle isn't clicking with me.
This is not the time to experiment with your sound. 'We' dont know you. You need to kick in the door and lay it down like 'this is me, this is my identity...'like it or not'.

It's NEVER just about the music. Pay great attention to detail when it comes to packaging your product.

You gotta do better
Win.bro. be prosperous out here.
+Sick-Witted+
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:21am
@Chain I appreciate your feed. The first track more than kicks down the door. You'll know within the first 30 seconds why you should listen to me. And that's the whole point of the song "Identity" lol it is most definitely me. I said I was experimenting with the sounds. You're gonna hear alot of different beats and flows that i normally wouldn't do if you compare it to my older stuff. I can guarantee ya'll gonna like it. I got a sampler coming for ya'll soon possibly tonight.
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:23am

There's something on it for everybody huh...

You're a talented dude but you need to step up your elevator pitch.
Understand that as an artist your image/back story/mystique is just as important as the music if you really want to get on.
That tracklist is looking extra regular. The title of your album is also very bland. I'm not saying this to hate on you.
But everything about your post screams mediocrity.
Focus on your unique selling point and what makes you different.
Like why should we as listeners give you a chance?
Why are you THAT dude?
You're a new artist, so the experimentation angle isn't clicking with me.
This is not the time to experiment with your sound. 'We' dont know you. You need to kick in the door and lay it down like 'this is me, this is my identity...'like it or not'.

It's NEVER just about the music. Pay great attention to detail when it comes to packaging your product.

You gotta do better
Win.bro. be prosperous out here.

What this guy kinda said. I would add that you should hone in on the niche you have. You have skills with R&B and your religious background. Your dopest work is when you are pulling those attributes into your work. I know people might think "religious rap" is whack but if you can fix your style and put out a good message. Everyone will look past that. Looking forward to listening to this though. Stay up
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:24am
Cover art and tracklist.

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:27am
There's not much R&B on this project but I also want to mention that this album is a prequel to Time To Change, my 2 years in the making project. It's essentially a double album so this is the first part. I'm dropping four major projects this year, one for every season, they all will feature different sounds and content. This one is a lot of rap, lots of conscious bars. Time to Change is more personal and focus alot more on my life and what i've gone through while growing. There's a whole lot of as you would call "religious" themes and bars in this project, you'll hear them throughout.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 12:43am
I have to agree with what Law was saying on skype, you should make more polka stuff.
#bananas
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 3:02am
Here's the preview for ya'll im gonna post it in the audio mic as well.

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 7:14am
Insane.
I'm really feeling a lot of those hooks. Crazy
Easily the best sounding album I heard on L.A.
And this was just the sampler.

But damn that album cover.
Your music is way too good for such an unremarkable picture.
Please reconsider the artwork before you release this.
The artwork is a powerful marketing tool.
Please. You're doing yourself no favors.

+Sick-Witted+
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 5:44pm
I appreciate the feed Chain that means a lot coming from a vet like you. Regarding the artwork what would you suggest then? I mean I can't undo it cuz it's already been submitted to stores but I definitely am willing to apply something new to my future projects.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 7:11pm
Well, as someone who dabbled in graphics back in the day your cover art lacked the... well, art. It depends on the route you would like to go. Do you like minimalism, extravagant etc.

The current one is very basic and lacks inspiration. To me it does not reflect the quality of the tracks (which I heard on the sampler.)
#Bananas

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 10:10pm
Well with this project I wanted minimalistic, because it's all about the message. Like it or not, this goes hard. You might not like the art, but you can't deny the album is fire. It's really about putting the emphasis on the product rather than the packaging, now when time to change comes around, yes I want that to have a more aesthetic cover art, that's a project that goes into detail on what this album covers briefly and it's a more personal project. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic