Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 4:46am
really liked the season finale! Wednesday was fuckin boss in this episode. Overall it was a dope series. Some episodes were slower than others and the over-stylish editing can be a bit over the top at times but love the concept. can't wait for season two

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 6:01am
Even the slow scenes are often riddled in imagery and metaphors. But that Wednesday monologue was fucking epic. 

You took the air out of my tires reminding me that was the series finale. Kinda wanna start reading the books
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

Even the slow scenes are often riddled in imagery and metaphors. But that Wednesday monologue was fucking epic. 

You took the air out of my tires reminding me that was the series finale. Kinda wanna start reading the books

As far as I know there is only one book. There is no prequel or sequel book to American Gods. There is another similar book called the Anasi Boys about Mr. Nancy's children. However, it's unrelated to the story in American Gods. 

Also for anyone that's played The Witcher or read the novels that the game is based on. Netflix has bought the rights to produce a show based on the novels and video game. 
Go my Minions!

Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 2-2-0
Form: LWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 7:24pm
my only quarrel with the finale, is i feel like they skipped alot of stuff to get to Easter. The House on the Rocks portion (that was teased) happens way before Easter in the book. Shadow was supposed to spend time with Jaquel & Ibis (Anubis/Thoth) as well. I just started re-reading it, just finished the first part/act. and for me that's where season 1 should have ended. I feel like (just like with Trueblood) the following seasons are going to derail themselves from the book from here out ; only bringing back small plot specific scenes. But the whole scene with Wednesday finally revealing himself as Odin to Shadow was awesome. Ian McShane was the physical embodiment of Wednesday, couldn't have chosen a better actor for the part.

Edit : I gotta retract that statement about the Jinn not being in the book, it was just was later in the story than where it got placed in the show. 

Edited by Rude - 20 June 2017 at 7:34pm
Rude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 2-2-0
Form: LWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 3:51pm
http://ew.com/books/2017/04/20/american-gods-2-neil-gaiman/

Kind of excited about this, but alas we've got another George R.R. Martin on our hands here and the show will probably be on its last season before the next book comes.  But.... they could pull more stories from Ibis and Anasi to fill gaps. They say they plan to squeeze 5 seasons out of the first book, so that does give time to build a bigger universe. 

also my fellow comic collectors - there is an American Gods series available now from Dark Horse comics which i fully plan to order every issue soon and keep current on. (sidenote : if American Gods peak your mythology interest you should check out the God is Dead series. 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 10:23pm
"also my fellow comic collectors - there is an American Gods series available now from Dark Horse comics which i fully plan to order every issue soon and keep current on. (sidenote : if American Gods peak your mythology interest you should check out the God is Dead series. "

YESS!!!! definitely gonna cop that

any you guys ever seen that Preacher series? i remember being a big fan of preacher when i was like 13 lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic