Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DTK - Definition Of Doom Edited
    Posted: 11 June 2017 at 5:20pm

https://soundcloud.com/user-206308494/dtk-definition-of-doom-redone

Re did this to a different beat and was up late as fuck last night trying to learn how to edit and EQ vocals. Let me know what you think, I know the flow isn't perfect in spots but with a new born you take what reps you can lol.

Dress
The original comeback kid
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2017 at 6:26pm
OK so yeah this was an improvement beat wise,(wished you kept that buzz guitar
sound),I feel it would of added an extra layer to the beat here,the good thing is the
beat sounded better because it was in sinc with no stumbles this go round,(you
should d/l some sound effect,like some scratch or crackling of old records),plus
you actuallly sounded better so the revised beat did its job still,plus it had a crisper
tone overall,worth the time you spent polishing it up,good work..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2017 at 6:33pm
Thanks Crim, I just wish I had the time to really work on a project. It's hard to find time with three kids lol
The original comeback kid
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 6:14pm
This was pretty nice overall. Regarding the mixing, I think you over mixed it in a way. First let me start by saying I'm listening on my phone so I may be wrong, but it seems like there was no bass in your voice at all. If it's not because I'm on the phone, then try to increase the low end. It seems like you increased high end which made it very clear but without a balance it won't sound well. Also play with the positioning of your vocals. If you are using reaper I think it's one of the reaper effects called something surround. That way your vocals sit differently. Sometimes they are better in front, behind, above or below, depends on track.

Regarding flow, this was overall pretty tight. For constructive criticism I would say certain decent sized parts of this fell flat in delivery that it was monotone and like to perfect. That sounds weird to explain, but play with the delivery, sometimes elongate one or two words to make it fit and sound better. Other option is to go back and add adlibs to the gaps, that would also help in certain parts.

Lyrically, I thought this was dope with the exceptions of two parts that just didn't mesh well. Those two parts are:
Nightmares in pipes
Enemies over blade

Overall this was pretty good, slowly but surely you are improving on the audio side. Mixing is the worst, I hate it and suck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic