Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bragging Rights
    Posted: 09 December 2017 at 1:39pm
These 'tight bars' got every rapper 'choking', I've the flow of a 'rope', kid
It's like I'm a 'drug abuser' the way I'm always 'throwing the dope hits'
While I'm over here, yelling greater lines
You're too busy 'word dropping' 'coz you can't 'elevate ya lines'
I 'went, left' so I could become the best, now I don't have t' fight
So now I'm 'back in driver's seat' only direction's 'bragging rights'
This 'key is major' on this site, 'lock-on' y'all but my name ain't 'Chain', like
When it comes to substance in all your pieces I've got more in 8 lines.
#5_MINUTES
Faggot
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 2:47pm
Today I got time cuzzzz

Lets disect that last bar.
Where is the substance at? Where are the jewels at?
Re-read my last Open Mic.
I spoke on current political issues and made the reader (woke ones) think about gun control.

I got time cuzzzzz. I'm here for it.
I showed up early too.

I got love for you though, young man.
Im just upping your thread in a major way.

Ive got more substance in my feedback than your whole drop.

Fight me bro
+Sick-Witted+
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 5:20pm
Okay let's be straight for a second,

This piece wasn't anything but below par, why would you drop a quick freestyle and diss one of the best technical writers on the site? Anyways to get a little into detail the flow of this was choppy, I guess you can blame it on the uneven line lengths. I'd try to bring a little bit more of a creative approach next time around if I were you. Anyways let's work
The original comeback kid
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:14pm
This is wasn't a diss to a specific member. I wrote this because I was bored and spark some more creative writing beyond a word drop challenge. A quantity of activity should not be sparked through a challenge but a self-made desire to write and make an imaginative piece, unrestricted and all. So it was just a little dig at that after I noticed the only activity being from 1 or 2 random members flooding the open mic with pieces and magazines 'comically complaining' about substance, and a lack of quality action on the site. I come back and share a couple pieces I created and all of a sudden a word drop challenge brings people in, and it shouldn't take that to bring activity. Quality over quantity. And that shouldn't die or be forced. Shizall I'm saying. This was not a special piece and I was only delivering that little message instead of focusing on lyrical ability because I wasn't about to make a rant. No dissing involved but seems it has offended people I put a few minor thoughts to word.

Anyhow, the rest of the feedback I'll happily take into account because I did rush something here I should have took a lot longer to develop something more out of. I still write for fun anyway and when writing something I want seen for the lyrical aspect rather than a little message that was only intended for light viewing I'll take it far more seriously. Cool days L.A..
Faggot
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:47pm
For creative writing to take place as you put it,you first have to have members here
participating,and although to extent i see your point,I think your forgetting one little
factor,besides the word drop there is a little topical league that's being ran by an
alias called Ridley Squat,where creative juice are free to flow,for you to revive this
present dip,you'd have to have the skill of Byron and the luck of the combined Irish
nation,1 or 2 ppl alone can't do that i'm afraid,but provoking a challenge can,see in
essence a challenge stirs the fire for the vets and newbies alike,some ppl here have
been here 8yrs plus,damn Stalin been here since the site just started so to speak,
battling and OM's they've done that and have the t-shirt too,the site has to be user
friendly to all,and as a mod if ppl see a call for certain activities,i will provide them
simple as that,it's about the members at large,not individuals i'm afraid,anyways on
with the feed,why would you rush to throw something out when you have time to put
down a polished piece #5 minutes,where this quality you speak of there?,but in truth
i still enjoyed it,wasn't a fan of using the same word to rhyme with without using the
same word in a different contexts,still it had merit..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by The Rap Daemon The Rap Daemon wrote:

This is wasn't a diss to a specific member. I wrote this because I was bored and spark some more creative writing beyond a word drop challenge. A quantity of activity should not be sparked through a challenge but a self-made desire to write and make an imaginative piece, unrestricted and all. So it was just a little dig at that after I noticed the only activity being from 1 or 2 random members flooding the open mic with pieces and magazines 'comically complaining' about substance, and a lack of quality action on the site. I come back and share a couple pieces I created and all of a sudden a word drop challenge brings people in, and it shouldn't take that to bring activity. Quality over quantity. And that shouldn't die or be forced. Shizall I'm saying. This was not a special piece and I was only delivering that little message instead of focusing on lyrical ability because I wasn't about to make a rant. No dissing involved but seems it has offended people I put a few minor thoughts to word.

Anyhow, the rest of the feedback I'll happily take into account because I did rush something here I should have took a lot longer to develop something more out of. I still write for fun anyway and when writing something I want seen for the lyrical aspect rather than a little message that was only intended for light viewing I'll take it far more seriously. Cool days L.A..

#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic