Author
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Year End Awards (2017) [VOTE]
    Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:44pm
Hi folks, the fine folks at the administration level of Lyrical Assault have allowed me to present to you a chance to be heard. Unlike with real life rules and regulations, your voice counts. I will be tossing up some mostly random things to vote on. No actual awards will be won, but its always nice to give a shout-out to your fellow lyrical assaultians (no typo). Why was I allowed this monumental task? No idea.. but you dont look a gift horse in the mouth. anyway.. here goes.

Hypest Moment of the Year:

for this one, we want to know what popped off that had you juiced. what was the one thing that absolutely stood out.

Best Battle (audio/text)

typically these things are put separate, but fuck that. what two cats had the best battle that hit the archives.

Funniest Member

this one kinda goes without saying. who makes you lulz on purpose.

Biggest Fuckboy

this one also goes without saying. who makes you lulz unintentionally.

Fav Verse from IC2

easy, right?.. I know we tried this before, lol.

Fav Verse from Bloodlines IV

we havnt tried this one… battle would be easier, but fuck it.. can only be one winner.

Saltiest Vote

shout-out to LP for this suggestion. who had the most venom in their blood when they cast a vote. I know of a few truly suspect votes… so dont get bashful. you can worry about sparing feelings next year.

Best… Worst Bar

theres been some LOL bars dropped this year. what was the one that made you think homie or homegirl should put the pen down.

Father of the Year award

who pulled off their belt and beat the fucking brakes off somebody this year.

Hoe of the Year

whos skirt needed to be pulled down just a tad. who wanted to dodge that bullet like Neo in the Matrix.

Who Ruined LA award

who is responsible for this downslide? can be a person or multiple. weather. vagina. penis. you tell us.

Most Improved

every year..no matter how slow. someone comes into their own. who you got?

Collab of the Year

who put it down in the most raw way.

Bananarama Mamajama award

in honor of my bestie Law, who deserves a banana in the tailpipe. who is too uptight and needs to loosen up a bit?

Sammy award

who wins the award for being the most motivational, inspiring and downright jovial chap. who will promise you hopes and dreams of a beach body and jot a 16 on the back of a napkin at burger king. who the coolest cat.
#Bananas
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 10:20pm

easily goes to Nigmas "Alternative Facts". I think the fact Nigma went full fucking savage after being known as the "topical guy" showed hes that dude. madness. my vote for Hypest Moment of the Year.

Best Battle (audio/text)

this one is easy as fuck to me. I got Doom vs LP. Dooms landlord scheme is still one of my favorite schemes on LA and LP really not only stepped up in a big way in competition but also his own skills. So the crafty champion vs the wily newcomer gets my vote.

Funniest Member

the homie RKB. the guy is a fucking riot.

Biggest Fuckboy

narrowing this down to one would be impossible. but imma say the homie Sammy for not finishing our almost year old song

Fav Verse from IC2

I didnt get a chance to read too many of these to be fair. I have this at a tie.. it was the semi finals verses from Endeeze and Self.

unmotivated Rutt just still absolutely butchering the motherfucking life out of Spume for shits and giggles.

Saltiest Vote

imma say DntPly's vote in the title match at bloodlines. straight haterism to the tenth degree towards perfect strangers. get it together…

Best… Worst Bar

well, for myself.. I gotta go with everyones favorite Chain. he said "Mushrooms, bud fumes and Lucifer's nut soup" on the collab with Exo. Unlike the Blades of Glory quote..this one was provacative but did not get the people going..

Father of the Year award

the homie Ch3kk.. this coulda been a double winner with a BL4 nod as well.. but that battle vs Slip delivered in a major way.

Hoe of the Year

everybody who stopped posting because they didnt want no problems. if thats you.. wear that shoe cinderella

Who Ruined LA award

I think lack of understanding the culture as a whole did. so many cats just rap to be rapping but dont truly understand that hip hop is a culture first. the saying goes "rap is something you do.. hip hop is something you live"

Most Improved

I wanna say Rap Daemon. he went from dropping bars that had wayyyy too many tie ins that he lost track of the direction to dialing it back and finding the pocket. his latest collab with his buddy showed me that. good shit.

Collab of the Year

Twisted Oz… Self.. Sammy and Rhet. man.. this one was so fucking dope. unreal. yall teased part 2..dont hoe out or make next years hoe list.

I dont know anyone who really needs this, but I guess ill nominate the former tag champs. they definitely couldve lightened up.

Sammy award

you know.. im going to vote DntPly. some of the feedback has been world class. the contributions have been endlessly selfless and overall a great new member. shouts!!

do not bite my list. thanks.
#Bananas
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 1:03am
Hypest Moment of the Year: ima have to say Identity Crisis. IT was a huge success and we got to see many old school cats rise up from the dead.... only to see them dissappear shortly after. not to mention the fact that i of course got matched up agaisnt nigma for round 1... what a great way tostart topical battling. Assholes!

Best Battle: This one is going to have to go to an Audio battle. and to no surprise I will be nominating Lord Puente vs. D.Von Doom.this was one of the biggest battles of there year and really opened up the way to a new Audio Belt Title holder.

Funniest Member:in the past i would have easily said Ridley/Goryo/Tittysucker or whatever name he logs in as now a days..... but since he never is here, ima have to easily give this one to Neek. not only due to his phenominal trolling abilities, but for the fact that the guy brings comedy to nearly all his tracks that he drops.... and he has been saying a lot lately.

Biggest Fuckboy: DTK. i got to definitly give this man props on his transition to audio, but none the less it has been rough. im not saying he terrible.... but im not saying he isnt. no but really its just that i think he ended up with more beef than i did in 2017, and frankly that is impressive. there was a point i was beefing with half the site and had a diss dropped for me daily. shit was rough. I survived.... will he? just kidding, of course not, i slayed him long ago.

Fav Verse from IC2: fuck you, i dont recall and im not reading them all.

Fav Verse from Bloodlines: im one of those people who fall into the category "main reasons events fail" and i did not read many verses or place many votes. well fuck me.

Saltiest Vote - this one i was between two. there was a nonsense vote from Slip against Rutter Knows Best which cost rutter the battle. BUT, hands down by no comparison, i will have to say the saltiest vote was DTK against me in my battle against Ch3ck. Reason i put this on next level salty is because this was a massive battle for me and that salty vote was the reason i lost that battle.

Best... Worst Bar: There was recently a dragon wrapped in chrome who might as well have been wearing alligator boots, but there was also the Attraction Scars which is something that would never be forgotten. so Attraction Scars wins!

Father of the Year Award: this one is tricky. we have nigma's dad who beats the stupidity out of him at any moment.... but then we have endeeze, the soft, gentle giant.... who has his ass handed to him by his shark herding son... Who says they can only be goat farmers!

Hoe of the Year: Theres exo... then there is trizz.... but then there is exo. exo ducked quite a few people hard and did a dissapearing act right before our eyes. what an experiecne. Exo wins this one.

Who ruined LA Award: Bakardi when he left. i mean... wtf... come back.

Most Improved: Ima give this one to myself. 2017 was the year i really grew as an audio head. started at the bottom and rose to the top. its been a great endeavor.

Collab of the Year: i was between two collabs. There was the Shortcoming of Society with Neek, Kairo and I... which was fire and a great all around track. but then there was also that Elision collab that was just straight bars with all their heavy hitters in it. Ima have to give them the vote. I only dream of a part 2

Bananarama Mamajama Award: goes to the Banana himself. He abandoned us and left the site to die without ever looking back. except to let me know that i dropped the best shit he has ever heard.

Sammy Award: ima have to give this one to Neek. I mean he basically trying to give out Participation trophies. i mean... how fucking long is this list of bullshit awards?!?!

Well that was a trick, that was actually the last question, i thought his next post was a continuation of this 100 award giveaway!

Well done Neek. Ill be excited to see other opinions on this!

Edited by Lord Puente - 17 December 2017 at 1:37am
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 10:39am
HMOTY.

Yeah it's got to be IC2,a tournament that had 32 combatants,
72 votes in the 1st round alone,and some awesome verses,(in
fact there was the 1 bad one in the whole event),it brought out
some of LA's founder members/vets,it ran with clockwork like
diligence and skill by our more senior mods, (Law/Cuba and
Co),it truly had buzz/vibe like it was Carnival Time,RIPE TIME.

Best Battle.

Well this (text) battle took place early on in the yr,its Beans v
Neek,it was a tense affair via the voting too,as it had a seesaw
process,and Beans took it 3-2.

Funniest Member.

A toss up between Ridley Squat and RKB,but Seens as i see
more of RKB,he's quips are more frequent,so RKB it is.

Biggest Fuckboy.

Well I'll type this,i was raised to believe that "if you got nothing
good to say,then don't say any-blah blah",so i'll nominate my-
self here and keep my Halo thank you.

Favourite Verse of IC2.

Hmm,this isn't an easy choice because of the quality of drops
throughout the whole tournament,I'm going to go with 11 v 22
in round one,verse 11 was by Exoduzt,it was solid in story and
mechanics,plus i was number 22 and I didn't get tranced either,
ended up 3-1 though,but it was a ripe piece.

Favourite Verse From Bloodlines lV.

I don't really have one I'm affraid, yeah RKB and Spume was
cool and all,but the highlight of Bloodlines for me was The
Roasting Of Dizzle,(and props to Dizzle for being the
humble lamb on this one).

Saltiness Vote.

Well for me the saltiness vote came in IC2,it was cast by
Ashley Kaos in round 2 battle 6 v 11 against 11,damn the
girl just called how she saw it i guess,but she was direct
and blunt also,so this gets the nod from me.

Worst... Best Bar.

To be honest i can't think of one off the top of my head,but
the worst bar would have to be in a text battle with Joffy428
v XLNC,and the last bar in Joffy's verse makes me cringe.

Father Of The Year.

Its a toss up between Chekk v Slip at Bloodlines,and Ridley
Squat in IC2, i'm going to go with Rid's,he came from nowh-
ere and surprised most if not everyone.

Hoe Of The Year.

A joint entry from me for this one, Exoduzt and Beans for
their tag team shambles.

Who Ruined LA Award.

US,we all members here so we all must take a share of the
blame,as I feel there isn't any one single person to pin it too.

Most Improved.

Hmm,I'm going to go with Dizzle here's why,he has shown this
yr he can write real well when he drops the shock value in his
OM's,the last piece he wrote about his Mother was truly a heart
felt piece,so he gets my vote as the most improved.

Collab Of The Year.

Drunken Master by SELF and iLL Scripturez way back in June.

Bananarama Mamjama Award.

Exoduzt and Beans.

Sammy Award.

For me there is more than one person to name here,so to save
choosing a solo alias I'm going to type plain and simply ME.

Peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 2:56pm
The lack of endeeze on these lists is astonishing. The man who bodied both Sammy and Self in one league! THE MYTH.
#Bananas

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 5:08pm
The voters were clearly smoking crack.
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

The lack of endeeze on these lists is astonishing. The man who bodied both Sammy and Self in one league! THE MYTH.
I got you man
Street Team
Street Team

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 8:57pm

any moment Endeeze was online IMHO

Best Battle (audio/text)

Endeeze v Endeeze, shit was classic

Funniest Member

I'd say Endeeze but he's not been online much ... nah fuck it, he can have it

Biggest Fuckboy

well OK, I'll say what y'all thinking, this has to be Endeeze, cos fuck that guy

Fav Verse from IC2

has to be Endeeze's semi-final verse. Best thing he never wrote. 100%

what's Bloodlines IV?

Saltiest Vote

remember Endeeze's vote against Endeeze, in Endeeze v Endeeze ... next level salty!

Father of the Year award

Endeeze's father, because without him ...

Hoe of the Year

Endeeze's mother, same reason.

Who Ruined LA award

not Endeeze, if that's what you're insinuating!

Most Improved

without a doubt this has to be Endeeze ... remember how shit he used to be?

Collab of the Year

Endeeze ft Endeeze "Endeez Nuts" ... man that was dope

what?

Sammy award

N DDDDDDDDD!
Street Team
Street Team

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2017 at 8:57pm
You're welcome
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 12:11am
Finally someone who appreciates greatness. Thanks Ridley, you're a true friend.
#Bananas

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 4:32am

hands down...IC2

Best Battle (audio/text) 

it holds a personal attachment to me because it was like our first community audio collab but the "burn cypher" was my fav. 

Funniest Member 

Spume (i believe). and his funniest moment was that piece he wrote for the IC2 magazine. the number thing ha.

Biggest Fuckboy 

Sammy. neek's gave you an ample amount of time to record, you hoe ass muhfucka!

Fav Verse from IC2 

that turtle piece by endeezy lol. i don't know why that pop up in my head when i think of ic2

not sure. i don't think i was payin attention to it.

Saltiest Vote 

not sure. everyone seemed cool.

Best… Worst Bar 

not as much as bar but overall consistency of dopeness, u gotta go with self

as far as worse, i'm honestly not so sure. maybe Spectacuar

Father of the Year award 

Cuba because he definitely dont fuck around. legend says that he's had multiple belts because how torn they are from numerous lashing

Hoe of the Year 

def sammy. neek sent u the beat since july, son. come'on!

Who Ruined LA award 

half of us. the sudden lack of activity really hurt the site (i'm in the guilty party)

Most Improved 

i know this sounds weird but endeezy. he just keeps getting better

Collab of the Year 

anything with ill scripturez in it lo

lol. cuba, probably! although its also the reason why we heart him also.

Sammy award 

personally for me....in regards to LA, self, alice, LP and Neek. 

Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 4:34am

endy, don't make me shave your head

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Fam, I got a shaved head.
#Bananas

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 1:00pm

Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Fam, I got a shaved head.

^^that's so he's hair doesn't get in his eyes when fighting.(true).
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 1:46pm
Had to be IC2. I think the fact that we had so much participation and the hype was there. The voting was there (initially). Every verse (that I read) was flame. Everyone was on their A game.

Best Battle (audio/text):
I don't usually vote on battles due to sheer laziness. The audio battle with Doom and LP.

Funniest Member:
Hmm...  Dizzles feedback with gifs gets me every now and again

Biggest Fuckboy:
Maybe not one individual but the whole Cuba, Nigma, Exo, Beans situation. Thumbs Down

Fav Verse from IC2:
Ehh.. can't think of one rn, I'll come back to this 

Fav Verse from Bloodlines IV:
Never heard of her

Saltiest Vote:
See above response

Best… Worst Bar:

Father of the Year award 
Chekk's bodybags 

Hoe of the Year 
Cuba... nuff said

Who Ruined LA award:
I think after round 2 of IC2 began the snowball effect. You saw the voting die down once people were eliminated and then when Bloodlines shit the bed and all of that really just got whack tbh. I think it's a mixture of a poorly ran event after a quite successful one and the members becoming disinterested 

Most Improved 
Dizzle... just look at his work

Collab of the Year 
Twisted Oz joint... (thanks for the shout Sammy)

Scoot... just because lol 

Sammy award 
Self.. when he drops a verse it makes me want to write competitively to be on his level.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 6:20pm
handful of hours left on this.

also some reallllll incorrect answers lol.
#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic