Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 24-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stalin vs Vellum
    Posted: 04 July 2018 at 8:08pm
4 bars
Due Saturday?

Good luck
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 12:03pm
I'll punish this wack dude, I damage nerds with punches and slaps too. fuck it, this cats doomed .. what he scrawls just weak if you see 'stal come clean' its when the Janitor's done with the Bathroom!//

I'll put this dude in a grave how's he gassed up but his tank on "E" like the kinda pills that get consumed at a rave .. I'm abusing this lame Stal_act_tight but couldn't be .. if he was 'choosing to hang' in the form of an 'icycle' from the 'roof of a Cave!!" // (Stalactite)

I'll drop this vet in a millisec .. I'm TOPPIN S with A FUCKIN LINE so that when I kill this pest white chalk will outline the SILHOUETTE of a MONEY SIGN! // ($)

I'm crazy with the pencil ... Don't blame me it's essential
I get this 'Renegade_BEAT' .. like I'm 'downloading' an 'EM and JAY-Z INSTRUMENTAL!!'//
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 10:14pm
4 bars... Vellum is a paper made out of cow hide.

Here's 4 bars.

You stretch bars trying to impress hard, the style has been the worse played text form
Using 30 words for what should be said in 10 doesn't make your wordplay less forced
I'll incite a riot for your type of writing cuz I despise it
This Vellum cow word could never be about beef unless he tries to hide it
+Sick-Witted+
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 8:43am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

VELLUM: 
Your opening bar was the most decent of the latter verses. The janitor bathroom reference was ok  and was worded ok. 
The rest of your verses to me were just run ons void of any distinctive rhyme scheme which totally kills any punch line cuz the lines are so long you forget what the line was leading up to that punch and when it doesn't rhyme thatmakes it even worse. 
Basically you need to clean up your stucture but shortening your wording and adding precision to your rhyme scheme .the opening bar could use a little cleaning. Up in that department as well but the punch line was decent and was delievered fluently therefore successfully. 

STALIN:
I really felt like you could have gone way harder here Stalin. I feel like you didn't even try :/ like I'm 100% certain you could have easily demolished your challener here but you just did not deliver. Your verse was obviously the superior contender in terms of structure and rhyme scheme and stuff of that nature but the punches we're just super soft to me personally and I felt no effort anywhere close to what you are capable of doing and this just fell flat to me. 

Overall since the bar that I felt had the most impact and that stood out the most to me I'm going to have to SHOCKINGLY AND UNEXPECTEDLY 

GMVT VELLUM.....

NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 3:23pm

V

The E and stalactite were my faces, $ and bathroom were weaker. Your verse read like 7 bars long idk its 2am here just back from a bar and structurally your verse looks drunker than me rn. The ideas were there though even if laden with filler

S

Lacked setups, punches flair. Hell even the vellum line didn't smash anything, you could have done better. Still you were what looks like closer to 4 bars so structurally sounder. Less forced/text form was highlight multi for me but hassling dudes writing makes me wonder if you know Vellum or are him and gave away a W. Idk but

Mvgt Valium
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 1:36am
Thanks guys and yeah I just typed this verse as quick as I could and didn't edit it. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get it done if I didn't on the day I posted
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 1:57am

Vellum... I'll punish this wack dude, I damage nerds with punches and slaps too. fuck it, this cats doomed .. This is quite filler. Make jabs or at least add clever references in these setups to really build-up high off the ground to the punch you are progressing towards.

I'm quoting that opening line as an example. You've got solid bars but the verse as a whole lacks finesse. Fine-tune it, perfect it. Be artistically deadly with each line.   Stalactite setup was poorly worded. 3rd section is too convoluted. I'm topping S with a line, and I ain't talking 'bout dollar signs would have been a lot smoother. Keep it simple. Less is more. If you got the punch, execute it swiftly and effectively. No additives needed 'coz it messes with the flavour. Closer is your smoothest bar. See? You got your punch and you play it, job done.

Stalin, you had the personal angles to go off as you clearly setup with them, but those personal shots were left as setups. The first 3 lines was build up stuff to follow a punch with. Doesn't need to take 4 lines to make the actual punchline and considering you only had 4 lines your angle here lost all venom and the verse lacked the sting/firepower. Vellum backed his concepts with punchlines in each bar so the fact he just formulated wordplay to work his angles into proper shots get home the win here.
Faggot
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 6:03am
I'll go back to the 2 bars over a beat equals 1 bar in text battles like it always been and try to never be so sloppy again.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 4:43pm
OK Vellum score's a ko..3-0..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic