Audio Mic: MCFlame- NV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MCFlame- NV
    Posted: 29 August 2018 at 1:32pm
I definitely see elevation,

Flow hasn't really been an issue with you, but applying your flow to audio was, I think you're most certainly getting to where you need to be. Also, I've been a fan of your rhyme schemes, applying a complicated rhyme scheme to audio is also difficult.

Your 1st-3rd schemes transitions smoothly...The 4th scheme was crammed, and didn't transition well, and it made your flow fall off. You pick it back up tho. So that's cool.

Can't say I'm a fan of the hook, but with that said, I kinda hate hooks in general , I think they come off corny for the most part so it's nothing against you, I will say...the last part of the sound effect, wasn't bad.

Rhyming , wording and content is not an issue with you, it all falls into place, " cripple on the pavement like a handicap spot" ...your delivery is better on this track... i think your switch-ups contributes to that, and you're working with the beat.

I think presence is your biggest obstacle... but with practice... I don't see it being too long before you tackle that also. When the beat kicks in for your first few bars, you can hear the confidence... but then it kinda dwindles as the track goes on. If you can keep the initial momentum, your elevation will reach another level.

dope drop tho.
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 11:28am
Firstly i'll start with the beat,yeah i really liked it,wasn't a fan of the John Lennon
skit,it didn't seem to me to add a lot to the track for me,(but then i feel it's just a
question of taste there),other than that i thought the off key/distortion was nice,
it was rugged and raw had an underground vibe about it,and as i listened i found
my head to be nodding in sinc,"i likes ya bounce",now to the vocals,I enjoyed them,
they seemed to have an air of calm but directed,plus you rode the beat well,(like a
cowboy bucking at a rodeo),i'm impressed with your lyrics,the smilies used were
relevant and not just thrown in,they add credence and complimented the beat also,
Nice work here,enjoyable track worth 3mins or so of anybody time..nice.peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 11:37am
hook needed more layers and panning. the pitch shift effect he was going for woulda popped more with 8 or so more layers pitched and panned at different places.

I do think that your presence was hindered a bit by the dorm room thing.

also...do you record standing up or sitting down? itd probably benefit you to going out and grabbing a moving blanket and building a stand that you can use to face into while the blanket blocks the "hallway/doorway".. itll let you let loose a bit.. but also keep from becoming an issue with your dormmates. ya digs?

I liked this tho. few issues but youre dipping your toe and thats understandable.
#Bananas
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2018 at 2:34am
Some solid basketball lines :)

Started off sounding like Tom Green except Tom Green really comes with it and makes it work, I think you could benefit from some aggression. This is what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h9EQaEl55o I'm not saying do what he's doing, just saying it needs more personality. Then you got smoother and some of your schemes and executions were top level stuff, great auditory effect with the rhyme scheme and they fit in the beat well. So, to me, I'm loving what you're doing with the legato schemes but your staccato schemes need some work. My guess would be more aggression as I said, but who knows. Keep messing around with it and figure out what works for you. If you can make intricate staccato rhyme schemes to pair with your slick legato wordplay it's gonna make for some great listens I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic