Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bars Above Everything Magazine
    Posted: 28 September 2018 at 4:41pm

Intro
First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who signed up to participate. Spitters and voters. I knew this would be tough to gather for participation as so many other events have fallen flat in the past. This new concept of only having one battle going on at a time, with selected/respected judges set to vote (without relying on the public) should provide this site with quality competition and smooth rounds. This Bars Above Everything (BAE) Event was inspired by a written I was doing. I was writing a line and it was basically saying at the end of the day it's "bars above everything". The title of the written was called BAE too. Instead, I wanted to expand on that and see if I could create a tournament format that is different and unique. I truly hope it works out if not, I gave it a go.

How It Works
For those who do not know, there is only 1 battle going on at a time. The battle topics can range from disses, topicals, picture, etc. It will change from round to round. We will have two emcees dueling it out in the opening round and the winner will move on to a new opponent. In order to win this event, you have to beat all of the contestants. There are 8 participants, you have to win 8 battles in a row. 

The Winner
The winner of this event will receive:
  • A beat by iLL ScriptureZ (now I have a beat in mind but if you want a different by me that's cool)
  • An interview by iLL ScriptureZ
  • Graphics to put in your signature or you Avy
The Voters
The voters are iLL ScriptureZ, Endeavor, The Law & Sammy. The battles will be the best of 3 votes!

The Spitters 

1. Daydizzle89: Dizzle has been making strides to become a better writer over the last year. We have seen his growth from when he first joined to now being a force on the topical scene. His ability to be flexible in multiple battle forms should allow him a viable chance of winning this thing. 

2. Smoothtung: Smooth is an LA veteran who was gone for some time but recently came back on the forum swinging. He has dropped some multi-packed Open Mics and is battling other members. Smooth has an ability to write topicals and throw punches in "self-hype" piece. Hopefully, this tournament will push his limits.

3. The Rap Daemon: Rap is probably the most underrated of the bunch of rhymers in the event. However, I think he has a strong chance of making life hell for some folks. His elevation since being here has been astronomical. Lately, he has been really feeling himself, and who can blame him? This event, verse this field of writers, can really be the opportunity he needs to be recognized as a top spitter on LA.

4. Neek: Probably the favorite to win this joint. If you have seen this guy punching ability you know what he packs. If you have seen him in the weekly challenges, you know his topical ability. Who is going to be able to beat Neek not once, but twice?!

5. DjFlame: DJ is a multi-talented head on LA. He's working in the audio section a bit more now but I believe this tournament can provide him with the writing growth we all are looking for. Like Rap, he is an underdog but with the endurance needed for this event, he may be able to make some noise.

6. Hyperactive: I don't know much about this guy as he is a new member on our forum. What I do know, is he just KO'd Beans. If that doesn't open some eyes to people, I don't know what will. He is currently in a battle with Smooth who is another participant in this event. Hyper may be a sleeper that uses this event to make a grandstand on LA.

7. Ridley Squat: Ridley is a dope rhymer. Peep out his work in the cyphers as well as his past previous tournament appearances. He was the runner-up in the IC2 tournament which had 35 participants. So he has the endurance to drop hot verse after hot verse. 

8. Rhetorical: I'll be honest and say I poached Rhet for an 8th man. I originally wanted 10-12 but it seems after the beef wave on LA (that I may or may not have caused) is always followed by a draught. Rhetorical is a well-respected topical writer on multiple sites. We saw in the Open Mic that he can throw disses too. This tournament will push him outside of his comfort zone but dope writers like him always have the ability to produce.

Drop who do you think is going to win this event in your responses below.

iLL's Predictions
I think it's difficult to look at this lineup and pick someone to win the entire thing. Truthfully, the endurance to win 8 battles in a row, plus depending on this event goes, you may have to verse someone 2+ times. After mulling it over and over, it's hard for me to go against Neek. I do think he is in the running though. I am not that naive. I would not be surprised if he won the entire event. However, I am not going to predict him winning the event. I think Rap and Hyperactive are going to surprise some folks but I ultimately. I am going to go with Rhetorical

Be on the lookout on Monday for the first battle announcement.

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 5:56pm
yeah, this is dope. Mic drop 212

I THINK ITS BETWEEN NEEK AND RHET FOR SECOND

Ill come in 1st with some haymakers

Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2018 at 6:10pm
Great work iLL,
Loving this so far.

So many possible winners in this... but I'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb here

HYPERACTIVE to win this. (Don't let me down bro!)
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 8:58pm
holy fuck.. UPLOAD.

I never saw this shit or idda never done my round 1 write up haha. anyway, this was executed fan-fucking-tastically. it seems everybody is mostly on the same wave-length.. the slight changes aside... I think everyone agrees a massive upset wouldnt really be that shocking which says.. DOPE EVENT even before it starts.

LA.. yall do some cool ass shit man.
#Bananas
Street Team
Street Team

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by iLL Scripturez iLL Scripturez wrote:

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who signed up to participate. Spitters and voters. I knew this would be tough to gather for participation as so many other events have fallen flat in the past. This new concept of only having one battle going on at a time, with selected/respected judges set to vote (without relying on the public) should provide this site with quality competition and smooth rounds.

Or not.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 2:29pm
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 7:40pm
Don't worry Ill I got you...

Went about as well as Crewsades
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 8:14pm
CUBA!!!!

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

*insert gif from above* lol
Street Team
Street Team

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Bloodlines IV bitch
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 10:12pm
1-2 league>Everything since
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2018 at 1:47pm
1-2 league, Identity Crisis, WWC = boss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic