Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by DjFlame DjFlame wrote:

AA too busy playing League of Legends professionally.
if the discord was good for nothin', at least we get some ammo.
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 1:51am
Cuba out here writing a manuscript.

Moral of chapter book: you do you

Also he mentioned something about the tag team title belt
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Yeah if you were going to do this again I'd recommend either:

US vs Rest of World
North America vs Rest of World
Europe vs Rest of World

Why exclude Nigma coz he talks funny? Plus you don't Neek to have to be USA but sabotage coz really he loves Canadia in his heart...

As for "mods permission" - it ain't really about that anymore, if people want to run something, go ahead, if you need mod support then just ask and we will try and help where we can. We have deliberately tried to separate the roles of "leader", "administrator" and "doer" for the sustainability of the site. It seems to be working relatively well as a strategy...

Finally, although I'm not trying to feed an autopsy/debate on Bloodlines, I do believe in "lessons learned" improve the future running of events, so on that note...

I would point out that in less than 1 month we had: OM King w/ 7 entries, Roast w/ 9 entries, Word Drop cypher w/ over 25 entries, Topical Title defence, Text Title change hands, OM War w/ 15 disses thrown, first ever tag team Battle Royale, Battle Royale that only got botched due to no show in the Tag Team Title match, #1 contender for Topical Title match, New Audio Champ crowned...

Objectively, that's a pretty good output for 4 weeks. Yes, we didn't get through to the end - but I would say five main things scuppered execution of the whole package: 

1) too innovative in the format in linking events together - stifled momentum at critical moment
2) too ambitious in aiming to have multiple defences of main belts in same event - affects momentum, you start out at top speed and have to maintain that pace rather than build up to the
3) too much for one person to run
4) too much salt in membership base at the time
5) I shouldn't have acted as a protagonist while also being the host

You can mitigate #1 with better planning. #2 would probably have worked if it hadn't been for #1. #3 again mitigated by better planning or by reducing the scope of features within the event, i.e. include less things. #4 endemic problem at the time. #5 acting as protagonist was challenge to #4 - I think this would have been fine if #1 and #3 were mitigated, or you dialled down the ambition of the event. 

I.e. if I didn't have the second round of title defences in there then event would've basically ended where it did, probably with Battle Royale as conclusion. I imagine it would have been received as a successfully executed event. 

In actual fact, if I had never published the full running order then nobody would've known shit got scrapped...so another lesson there, don't necessarily have to spell out everything in one go, you can say "next 3 things are these" and it makes it a lot more manageable. If we kept the "full list" on the Site Discussion Forum (only selected people can see) then it would allow others to run certain components & make it more "collective effort", rather than "one host". 

Anyway, I digress...the point is, simply, if you aren't prepared to fail you won't try anything new. But equally, if things don't work we should be honest and try and learn the lessons so our future endeavours are more successful.

Wasn’t hate just saying the event fell flat. Wasn’t as good as past ones
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 12:44pm
No offence taken, simply accepting that there were downsides and evaluating reasons why...

What do you think made other ones better? Be good to understand what people look like & think makes an event a good one...
Masked-Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Masked-Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 4:55pm
I’ll be in for this reppin the UK
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Masked-Reaper Masked-Reaper wrote:

I’ll be in for this reppin the UK

Where in the UK you at?
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic