Author
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 LA Awards [Vote]
    Posted: 08 December 2018 at 1:55am
2018 LA Awards

Audio Gem of the Year:

Who holding the crown this year for brutalizing a microphone. What joint stands alone as that shit.

Text Masterpiece of the Year:

Which one of my favorite writers snatches that trophy for being the homie with dope sheets of wrote things.

WWC Verse of the Year:

Theres been some MEGA monster verses..NUMEROUS winners and overall a stellar outting. Whos verse holds the most weight. Who bodied the whole show.

Most Improved Audio/Text:

Lets make it difficult, who was like nah nah im tryna be the illest motherfucker alive!!! in either field, but only one winner.

Who Ruined Nigma's Event:

Nigma, the homie who dont do homie favors, even for homies had his event disaster. Maybe in true fortnite fashion, as everybody dies..even the winner. Who holds the most responsibility being the pink chewed bubble gum of doom.

Who Ruined BAE:

Was it Ridley posting 12 seconds before the deadline, me dropping out like I cant scribe a verse in 12 seconds before its posted or was it "refine gate." Perhaps something different? It certaintly wasnt the format or artwork. Sound off.

Bodybag of the Year:

There was TONS of beef in 2018..at one point, it was NOTHING but BEEF.. as the year wound down.. the dust settled and we were one big family again. What member got absolutely dismantled.

Rhets Mag of the Year:

Rhetorical put in mad work on his mags for the WWC. I thought it would be dope to acknowledge that work and give em his own award. Which mag bodied it.

Rookie of the Year:

Which member came out of nowhere and was like yo.. that motherfucker dope as hell.

Return of the Year:

What Vet or Jackass came back and you was either like about time!! or not this clown again.. theres been several of both.

Samuels Everybody a Winner Award:

Name the cat who made everybody feel loved and special. Who outsammy'd Sammy.

Quit Being a Bitch:

Shame a motherfucker who aint joined the fiesta yet to quit half steppin and join the marching band on Discord.

Biggest Fuckboy of the Year:

Member who is without a doubt an entire fuckboy.

Where Have Ya Been?:

Straight off the Roc La Familia album, Where have ya been? What member went ghost town dj's and need to become our boo again?

Wheres My Fucking Award?:

Wtf did I miss this year? Yall slept on my suggestions thread like a casper bed. Its cool tho..im all about second chances. What did I miss that yall aint have time to tell me previously.

Bonus: Thread of the Year:

I vote Law's "What Should Be Done With The Belts" or some shit.. that turned out to be entirely insightful.

#Bananas
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 2:02am
I think I was pretty much ghost all this year, Lmao.. I hope I missed some good shit.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 2:10am
my motherfucking brother Ch3kk.. you DEF on that where the fuck you been list lol.
#Bananas
ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 2:14am
Lmao, Ch3kk ya email fam. Hit me back. I had a lot of shit going on. It's settling for the time. I'm interested in seeing the responses to this. A lot of characters on this site.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 2:19am
ill peep it now and totally agree lol.
#Bananas
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 2:42pm
I shall fill this out Monday
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2018 at 7:13pm
Audio Gem of the Year:

Loose Logic...Cul-De-Sac.

CHAIN.. The Raising Of Lazarus.

WWC Verse of the Year:

Well if Sammy got his finger out on WWC 12's mag it would be iLL's entry.

For Audio i'd say DJ Flame and for text i'd say Rap Daemon.

(except for me..lol),you all did by not participating in voting.

Who Ruined BAE:

lol...#answersasabove.

Bodybag of the Year:

Remember that cat/double accountant Dave Infinite?,well him,the dude got roasted..

Rhets Mag of the Year:

For me it was the one where he added a video within the round up..(and again bro,
and thanks for your labour's on all those mags)..respect.

Rookie of the Year:

Loose Logic.

Return of the Year:

Chekk,just today in fact as i post this,good to read your back dude.

Rhetorical.

Quit Being a Bitch:

Well in all honesty i'm going to have to name myself here,as I haven't signed up yet.

Crimson Juice.

I said it last yr and i'll say it again this yr,i was raised to believe if you havent got any-
thing good to say,then don't say anything,so mum's the word here.

Where Have Ya Been?:

SELF/Slip/Axy/DTK/Cheeseburger Eddie.

VOTER OF THE YEAR,lol..just kidding,Funniest Member springs to mind.

N/A at this time.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Neek Neek wrote:

2018 LA Awards

Audio Gem of the Year:

Who holding the crown this year for brutalizing a microphone. What joint stands alone as that shit.

I'm barely in them threads but it's prolly gotta be Get Away Neek ft Nigma.  

Which one of my favorite writers snatches that trophy for being the homie with dope sheets of wrote things.

Self-Activate... Apeshit

Originally posted by neek neek wrote:

WWC Verse of the Year:

Theres been some MEGA monster verses..NUMEROUS winners and overall a stellar outting. Whos verse holds the most weight. Who bodied the whole show.

Dntplywelwitothers

I confess. I'm a thief. I'm the minds silent pirate.
I'm unbiased. And crime against time's my assignment. 
I creep in and I pry it...from behind the eyes iris...
Private photos, so priceless ; pillaged right from the pilot. 
I'm a mental marauder... I'm the kind you should fear...
The way I scribble out daughters, and other fine souvenirs...
I am blind to the tears, and decline to revere, your precious 
Collection, that you pride, true and dear. 
I'm a cognitive klepto. The incurable con-job...
Pulverizing your Pictures, Be it mural, or montage...
While they talk to the teller, who appears to be safe.
I am making withdrawals from your memory bank. 
You'll see the tears on their face, as you deteriorate...
Witness decades of loved ones... who are nearly erased. 
If unforeseeable forces, delivers me to your doorstep
You will not salvage the gallery from your cerebral cortex...
I have no intention to to end it, I indulge in this thievery....
Look at the images you love, before I smuggle the scenery...
Draining your cranium, turn your kin to outsiders...
I am a thief, I confess. You can call me Alzheimer's

Lets make it difficult, who was like nah nah im tryna be the illest motherfucker alive!!! in either field, but only one winner.

Audio - DJFlame
Text - The Rap Daemon

Nigma, the homie who dont do homie favors, even for homies had his event disaster. Maybe in true fortnite fashion, as everybody dies..even the winner. Who holds the most responsibility being the pink chewed bubble gum of doom.

Mostly inactivity.

Who Ruined BAE:

Was it Ridley posting 12 seconds before the deadline, me dropping out like I cant scribe a verse in 12 seconds before its posted or was it "refine gate." Perhaps something different? It certaintly wasnt the format or artwork. Sound off.

Me. I got lazy.

Bodybag of the Year:

There was TONS of beef in 2018..at one point, it was NOTHING but BEEF.. as the year wound down.. the dust settled and we were one big family again. What member got absolutely dismantled.

Wink

Rhets Mag of the Year:

Rhetorical put in mad work on his mags for the WWC. I thought it would be dope to acknowledge that work and give em his own award. Which mag bodied it.

The one with the video.

Rookie of the Year:

Which member came out of nowhere and was like yo.. that motherfucker dope as hell.

Loose isn't technically a rookie, like at all. BUT he is new to the site so I guess him?

Return of the Year:

What Vet or Jackass came back and you was either like about time!! or not this clown again.. theres been several of both. 

Smoothtung... and Dave Infinite, twice in the same week!

Name the cat who made everybody feel loved and special. Who outsammy'd Sammy.

Really? No one an out Sammy Sammy

Quit Being a Bitch:

Shame a motherfucker who aint joined the fiesta yet to quit half steppin and join the marching band on Discord.

Real Hip Hop, so I can call him a hoe.

Member who is without a doubt an entire fuckboy.

Between Dave or Smooth, flip a coin.

Where Have Ya Been?:

Straight off the Roc La Familia album, Where have ya been? What member went ghost town dj's and need to become our boo again?

Doom?

Wtf did I miss this year? Yall slept on my suggestions thread like a casper bed. Its cool tho..im all about second chances. What did I miss that yall aint have time to tell me previously.

Gods don't make mistakes.

I vote Law's "What Should Be Done With The Belts" or some shit.. that turned out to be entirely insightful.

Does Discord count?
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 6:59pm
ill try to answer these to the best of my ability 

Audio Gem of the Year:

Ill say Loose Logic Cul de sac . .  dont spend a lot of time in there to know anything else to nominate 

Self Activate - The God Artifact 

WWC Verse of the Year:

Ill Scriptz - Week 9  

Audio - DJ Flame 
Text - Dntplywelwithothers

Didnt even know he was having an even. . shows how observant i am 

Who Ruined BAE: 

Everyone. . . just dont think the interest is there 

Bodybag of the Year:

Dave Infinite getting bodied by virtually everyone 

Rhets Mag of the Year:

i actually liked the week 5 & 6 double mag 

Rookie of the Year:

I dont have an answer here to be honest???? 

Return of the Year:

me! oh wait. . . thats a dick move. .  ummm. . . ill say Smoothtung. Not that i know a lot about him, but the impact of his return was certainly felt in the OM for better or worst 

David Infinite, even when getting drug behind a truck in the forums he was giving hugs to stay on everyones good side. He was literally dissing people then making post about how they are about to put him in a box hahaa

Quit Being a Bitch:

i dunno

For me, it would have to Zinaii. Dude came out of nowhere, demanded a shot at the title, lost every battle he had in the OM then ghosted like a hoe  

Where Have Ya Been?:

I dunno. ..  Id like to see Self around more 

MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! Who contributed the most to LA ... duh! 

dont know
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 7:14pm
Again no Endeezy mention. After all I have done. All the perfect verses. Amazing feedback and all the titles I've won.

Only now I understand the following quote, sung by one of the most amazing artists ever:

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind wanting to start again?"

Yes, Katy, yes I know how it feels girl!
#Bananas

rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

Again no Endeezy mention. After all I have done. All the perfect verses. Amazing feedback and all the titles I've won.

Only now I understand the following quote, sung by one of the most amazing artists ever:

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind wanting to start again?"

Yes, Katy, yes I know how it feels girl!

in my defense 

i really only hang out in the open mic and the magazine forum 

so if you havent been a part of WWC or all the recent beef, i probably havent seen any of ur contributions 

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 8:42pm
Okay then. You're forgiven.
#Bananas

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2018 at 1:48pm
Endeavours main contributions = moaning he's not getting mentioned for plaudits
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 5:03pm
Audio : usually when I procrastinate, it's a bad thing. This tyme it works out perfectly... lol

I was gonna go with loose logic... no doubt the cul de sac joint was monstrous. But the Gem that stood out for me was the Triad joint...mad replay value if only for listening to the different styles that harmoniously came together... that's the kinda track that make you wanna practice honing your own shit... dust off the ol'e mic and go a round or two with it. All in all the vibe of that track just feels like it BELONGS to LA.

Text drop of the YEAR: ....sheesh... this one is hard, there were so many gems to look back on and reading them all again will devour my day off.

Rhets- depressed drop was dope.
Selfs- apeshit... title says it best.
Neek- how to levenslied ... great read.
iLLs - last drop of 2018 and the CEO joint, he's been consistently dropping a few gems throughout the year.

I can't make up my mind like a woman in a shoe store...

WWC: I think iLL and Neek went head to head on running the whole show... but imma give it to iLL week 9... biggest turnout, dope competition so it wasn't any small feat... his win was well deserved.

Most improved Text/Audio- I know flame been on his grind and has improved tremendously, but again procrastination helped with this decision, Rapper T came outta nowhere and dropped a gem, I think what intrigued me the most was the flow and delivery was nice, but your scheme took it to a different level I didn't expect, hearing your previous tracks...the weird internals and the not really rhyming shit gave your track quite a bit of character.

Text- Rap Daemon, haven seen him for a while, but there was a spot where he was dropping pretty consistently and it was clearly dope... he dropped some gems in wwc and quite a few OM's hope to see him pop back up with an even higher level of elevation.

Who ruined Nigmas event? ....I Don't know

Who ruined BEA? .... everybody knows.

Body bag of the YEAR! : once again this one ain't easy, at one point of tyme the meat wagon was just parked in OM. I fuckin loved it, but I'm glad harmony has once again settled in this kind community. Sooooooo yeah.... *Dave got handed his caboose on a fuck you platter by rhetorical and I think I cried a little after reading it a second tyme. BUT THEN!!!! iLL came with a human centipede using only one human (sorry *smooth, that's the only way I can describe it) ....I guess that would be more of a doughnut 🍩...ah well either way it was nasty, just like that verse... *Smooth took the dirt nap this year.

Rhets mag was def the one with the vid where he reads each verse, I can imagine that was hard, but it turned out dope.

Rookie of the year: hmmmmm rookies don't really stay to long to like, I think Essence is doing her thing, hopefully keeps kicking it.

Return of the year- Ch3kk

Sammy award: it belongs to Sammy, I didn't believe it at first, but he really does make folks feel like they did something great, he even thanked LA after winning WWC wk8 in his next WWC drop... Nah man...thank you!

Biggest fuckboy: Dave

Where have you been? : meh...folks come and go.

Where's MY fucking award!?!?!?! "Best feedback" .... lol
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic