Audio Mic: Bottles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bottles
    Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:51am
This is a song I've been working on for a week now. I recorded it using my turtlebeach headset and edited the vocals with Audacity. I really tried to focus on the writing and my delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO2fA1NeLPI
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 7:06pm
Well firstly, it's been a hot minute since i last read/heard from you, like Chekk always good to see a
return-e, (myself included to an extent), i liked the concept bottles (beer & pills) here, i just wished
you stayed on that theme, because (and this is just my opinion) mid way in it seemed to become
spatial/broad in its content, it had a lot of street elements within, but less of the bottle element that
it started with, you could of implied and applied so many different terms and twists via that theme,
anyways it was a solid joint your tone/pitch was nice, your delivery was good for the most part, the
most noticeable problem on hearing for me was confidence on the mic here, (whether that's down
to the quick spit rhyme scheme i don't know, but it stood out like a scarecrow in a field), still despite
my minor, and yes minor gripes this was still solid...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
GDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 7:40pm
Crimson I was thinking of adding "I'm bottling up from these bottles, self esteem going down on full throttle" and a few other lines but I decided to cut them while I was writing.

Does mic confidence just come over time? Or is it something I can work on? If so how do I practice to have confidence on the mic? I am aiming to get as good as I can possibly get so if you have any pointers on mic confidence just let me know.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 9:11pm
Well in all honesty i don't do audio's,but i do do beats,maybe adding a little voice
change/character switch up in spats would help,try not to stay in one groove or
tone as it becomes monotone,what you need is another audio head to explain mic
confidence and how to gain it..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic