Open Mic: Ambition vs Reality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Objective View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Objective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ambition vs Reality
    Posted: 14 March 2020 at 1:27pm
It's frontin hella fuckers-day but what'll sell so cops will play?
They vague like shades from helicopter blades
and fake rights kept me up to date.
Pops got shot through his belly for his Machiavelli doctorate-
an obnoxious state of constant hate consciously mockin' it
despite what's at stake. I'm breathing insane,
in fact I'm just needing some game...
But I'm angry and lame,
so I'll re-write popup pages with knocked up mages
and patent mecha-babies with Star Trek tats in stages!
Apt ents n pent up ladies over eighty kept in cages fed with rabies.
You don't wanna know what it feels to be weightless,
the change you'll see
is obesity saviors yeet fat fucks to space n tell kids to scream for the angels.
We can't put this in a box n fire it up cus shit isn't safe dude,
unless the liar is hot, into politics and silence critics with "fake news"
the choir won't rot.
BUT I'M A FIGHTER AND TOUGH!
See? I'll do this for REAL and give it all that I got:
Internet shame, coffee
and pot.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2020 at 7:26pm
Yep this verse hits the spot for me, you came out bucking like a cowboy at a rodeo here, the
opening bar alone stands as a highlight in its own right, the imagery kicked here was solid,
(corrupt cops and not knowing where you stand with them at any given time), in fact i liked
the whole piece, shit i ain't even got a gripe to offer you as an improvement, the two sided
ying n yang scenario was expressed nicely through out, not only did it have depth, it had this
participation vibe etched in also, meaning, a reader can grasp the subject matter with ease,
and intelligence permitting could delve deeper too, something for everyone kind of offering,
i found the rhyme scheme simplistic but in a good way, i have no issues with it to be honest,
a real nicely done verse here, where the enjoyment was mine...peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Objective View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Objective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2020 at 11:34pm
Dude, that's heartwarming to hear. Cool to hear you enjoyed my first verse so you can be disappointed with the next, haha. Nah, gonna try to keep it at a respectable level, thanks for reading and giving me your thoughts. See ya around.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 5:02pm
sup Obj, nice to see you here. as usual crisp rhyming and scheming. helicopter blade shade...lol aite, interesting and creative image. (how and why would u think of that lol) 

i may be missing something but i don't seeing much connective tissues here especially in regards to the title. i somehow read this as a social stream of thought that didn't really accent the title as i remained lost after reading it. i may have to read it again. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic