Author
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gluttony- MCFlame
    Posted: 21 September 2018 at 6:03am
wow. . o.k. so lyrics are a little bit loud here. you have an interesting voice my man. . lyrics are cool in most spots. flow is cool, but im just not sure about the delivery. .maybe it has more to do with how loud and over powering the vocals are, cant quite put my finger on it. . but overall, i liked the lyrics. 
barrybondz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barrybondz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 5:25am
This isn't bad at all. You sound good and your flow is good imo. Yeah you have a weird voice like me or at least it translates to an audio weird and people have always told me I have a caster voice or some shit. Tbh This could just be a mixing thing or at least with some different mixing I think you are gonna have different results. I don't know what you are using but as long as its as good as cubase try these:

1: ensure microphone input peaks at between -3db and -1db, any higher causes clipping and ruins the track.
2.Reduce the beat by around -6db, never turn anything up over 0db.
3.Add a compressor as an insert effect with the settings: ratio 4:1, attack 0ms (or the lowest you have), release 150ms, threshold -10db. ignore the gain boost for now as we'll do that after we've set up the rest of the track. (oh and turn soft knee off)
4. Add a noise gate set to kill everything at -35db and under, this removes any background nosie in the track.
5.Add a harmonic exciter to the track. you want a 4db gain at around 10khz mixed at 11% and a 3db gain at around 8khz mixed at around 4%. never add an exciter to the lower frequencies as they honk.
6. Add a stereo fx bus to your mono track and key up a vocal plate reverb mixed at 100% dry 8% wet with the dampening turned down slightly.
7.Test -spit a verse to see where the levels are at, if you're too quiet add a couple db in the gain boost on your compressor, but never enough that the overall signal goes beyond -1db. if you'd need to turn it up that much, turn the beat down instead. (the overall output of the track HAS to be less than 0db or it clips and ruins the track.)
8.record.
9. Check your recording, it should be pretty much mixed. if there is too much sibilance, cut a narrow Q at around 6.5khz by about 3db. If it's too muddy add some "air " with a qide Q at 12k+ with a 4-6db boost. If it needs to sound thicker you can boost a little bit at around 3k but never overdo it. If you need more punch turn the threshold of your compressor down to -20 and increase the gain boost slightly.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 1:20pm
Firstly i'll state now i did get a kick from this when listening,your delivery and breath
control was nice,you stayed on beat too,where this track lacked for me was in its
diversity,it seemed (due to your pitch) mono in tone,it lacked in character to an extent
by keeping the same pitch throughout it felt flat,but take that with a pinch of salt as
your definitely on the up where mic skills is concerned,your really getting to grips with
the learning curve your on for sure,your tracks are getting noticeably better with each
drop,now i know it's easy for me to sit here and type that,and especially since i don't
do audio's either,but by switching up you tone it will add in the long run,as it makes a
good feature within tracks,and enhances the listeners pleasure in the process,it makes
a track deep and rich when recieved,just listen to Neek/Doom/Puente,they seem to
do this within their tracks on the regular,still nice track here DJ,despite my little gripe,
and good work too..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic