Author
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hampton River Ft. H4ZE
    Posted: 21 June 2014 at 9:23am

H4ZE:
After a long day at school, I'm ready for the day to end
The bell rings, finally I can go home and lay in bed
Hop on the bus, shit, gotta wait for the last stop
Soon as the bus gets there I run my ass off
Get home, open the door, mom is layin on the ground
She's not movin', not breathin', blood drainin all around
Not knowing what to do I sprint out of the house
Hop on my bike, ride away, just tryna drown the shit out
My heart pounds and it pounds, not sure where im headin
Thinkin' "will I be crazy forever or learn to accept it?"
Is this a nightmare? If so I'm yearning to exit
the thoughts I had of happiness, turned to a death wish
I pedal faster, and soon notice a bridge in the distance
Should I do it? I don't think I wanna live with this sick shit
So I speed up, quickly makin my way to the bridge
I'm ready to die by suicide and im makin it quick!
As I approach I start to think, "should I really do this?"
I've already lost my mom, right now I'm feeling useless
So I step up on the guard rail, to look over the bridge
Go to get down, step on some shit I didn't notice and slip....

JBrenn:
A Splif twist and lit hanging from my lip...
The mist hits covering my mits with it...
I exit the residence with quickness...
sickness behind me i won't miss this...
Last Job last time Im out this business...
Hop in my truck I need to piss, shit!
Drive over to the gas station take a leak...
Stock up on slim jims soda and something sweet...
The scene I briefed is quick to leave...
She's just another weak bitch to me...
Im cold catch six hits at least...
For peace i need to hit three trees...
Stare down the tenet and walk to my truck...
Hop in the cab and blaze another one up...
A stain on my cuff her face is harder to forget...
A hair on my gloves "fuck get rid of this."
Drive towards the bridge my phone beeps...
I take a peep eyes off the street...
A reflector catches my eye i look to see...
Next I see a kid off the curb in a heap...
I cock the wheel swerve and can it be...
The woman's eyes nose hair and cheeks...
I get the slightest ghost of a shiver...
All i can say is "fuck" as i crash into the hampton river...

SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 2:18pm
This was dope, both of y'all came correct here.

Shanks - Your flow is great, anyone who says you're too simple's a dick. Because you're so economical with your wording anybody who spits bars on here can read your shit out loud and fit it over a beat with ease, that means you're good.  Your word choice is excellent, if you rapped this it would sound like you were reading me a story, that's good delivery. SO we've got good flow and good delivery, that's most of what you need to be a good rapper. Rhyme schemes were solid but uninspired. Now you've nailed this style, try dropping in some transitional schemes and internal strings to add spice to it. A good one for internals is to do your first line as normal, then do two quick multies with a different rhyme, then come back to the end multie again. Some little embellishments and licks like that and you'll get a serious rep.

JBrenn - Your flow is ridiculous actually, this spits well on a raga beat haha. With a good bouncy riddim and this punchy flow you could literally rock a crowd.  That being said, rhymes were on point, and you have a nice subtle modest style, not too flashy but certainly not boring.  You punctuate your verse well delivering flow and content highlighted well because it's so snappy it's very easy to absorb. 

This is as good as anything in open mic right now I reckon. Stay up.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 3:45pm
H4ZE - Great flow on your part. You did very well on the emotional side of it as well, when you were questioning yourself. You definitely had the "suicidal mind" down to a pat in your verse and I feel that's what really made it come out because it felt real. 

JBrenn - Dope flow, I like the style that you delivered it with on this one. I did think the rhyme schemes were a little simple but it still turned out nice. Loved the closer, and the intertwinement. 

This was a dope piece. You guys did a very good job at making both pieces entertaining and bringing them together as one. Like the topic as well, it's original and not your everyday OM. 
Go my Minions!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 3:55pm
That was supposed to say H4ZE not shanks haha, I;m high and reading multiple windows at once lol.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by SwordedStylez SwordedStylez wrote:

Shanks - Your flow is great, anyone who says you're too simple's a dick. Because you're so economical with your wording anybody who spits bars on here can read your shit out loud and fit it over a beat with ease, that means you're good.  Your word choice is excellent, if you rapped this it would sound like you were reading me a story, that's good delivery. SO we've got good flow and good delivery, that's most of what you need to be a good rapper. Rhyme schemes were solid but uninspired. Now you've nailed this style, try dropping in some transitional schemes and internal strings to add spice to it. A good one for internals is to do your first line as normal, then do two quick multies with a different rhyme, then come back to the end multie again. Some little embellishments and licks like that and you'll get a serious rep.

That's funny I don't remember writing this, must have been my "subconscious"... it's name H4ZE

But seriously guys great drop H4ZE you're improving with every piece of yours I read.... great job bro you had great flow and the emotional element in it brought it to life.

JB: dope vers, this right here is one of the reasons I nominated you for vet status. You drop dope shit whenever you have a foray into the OMs.

Edited by Shankley - 21 June 2014 at 4:06pm
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
Red-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: eNtiTy

Stats: 2-0-1
Form: NWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 7:18pm
H4ZE- I wanna start off by saying I'm lucky to have you as fam and a mentor! This piece is wow! The flow was top notch in my eyes, the story telling was vivid and I could see that slight moment of Oops as you slipped of the bridge. This was just all around great the schemes where good aswell! Dope piece man!

JBrenn- Man your good! The way you connected this story to H4ZEs and made it click really impressed me! Your flow is great! The schemes are amazing and honestly this is the first piece I think I've read from you and I can't wait to see more!

Keep up and stay blessed guys!
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 7:22pm
thanks for the feed guys. I really appreciate it.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 9:54pm
Thanks for so much feed everyone.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 1:39pm
Bumpin this for more feed
Music

JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 11:38pm
Too many disrespectful noobs ss thanks for the shout out though.
Smoothtung View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 25-8-3
Form: WWWLWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smoothtung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 9:15pm
woe.. this topic is crazy original and executed so well, i'm greatly impressed with the ingenuity it took to create this. 

H4ZE your multis were rolling very nicely, flow was pretty much rock solid throughout. 
JB your flow was so much different and more relaxed  yet it was probably smoother and complimented your partners superbly. 
Imagery so vividly intrinsic you might miss it..
Though you never even had the chance to witness it
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:16am
The eminem that made the slim shady lp would've been proud.

@H4ZE; damnit, man...your output is ridiculous right now.
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of writer you really are. It's like you' re a very experienced mc who has been doing this shit for years....but you're holding back, lol.
style/technique/flow is in the pocket.
But your wording can be very simplistic at times, its almost like youre doing it on purpose, lol.

But you're great, i said it before and i'll say it again, glad to have you on the team.

@JBrenn; your word usage just made the verse stand out, even tough youre not as technical as H4ZE, your verse still has this...i dunno, it looks 'confident'. you know exactly what ur doing and youre just driving it home. 9/10

dope collab. 
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:24am
haha, thanks for the feed CHAIN. I really appreciate it. And im actually working on steping up my wording so hopefully that will show through in the next few OMs I put out.
But thanks again man.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 5:06am
Chain and smooth thanks for the feed guys and haze great job... this was a fun om bro!
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2014 at 5:14am
thanks JB, you did great to, and I had fun with this man, hope we can work together again in the near future.
Smoothtung View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 25-8-3
Form: WWWLWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smoothtung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 3:05am
Bumping this piece, great read right here
Imagery so vividly intrinsic you might miss it..
Though you never even had the chance to witness it
Freeda5thDawg View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 5-1-0
Form: WWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Freeda5thDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 3:58am
The thing about Haze is he knows exactly where he's at and as he's elevating, he remains consistent and never forces his skill where he loses touch and has to revise. You're an absolutely great writer for that. You're very disciplined and steady with your style and I know it works well cause I could always nod my head to the rhythm of your verses as I spit them. Very pro with your story telling as well. You know how to set the foundation, build up, and end your pieces very effectively. This was no exception except for the fact that your verse wasn't the end. When JBrenn came in and delivered his verse, I just smiled throughout. You two worked so well as visionary writers in this piece. The way J, you approached it to connect it all together was simply clever and truly allowed the whole thing to feel complete. And for such short piece being that you both only dropped 16, I think that speaks a whole lot about your skills. Liked this a lot. 

Edit: I made the mistake of saying you both dropped 16 when you obviously didn't. Going from the 16's of SS's piece I had finished feeding before this one, my feeble mind confused me. Apologies. Nonetheless, still skillful as hell from you both. Nothing taken away.
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2014 at 6:07pm
haha. Thabks for the feedback Freeda, I really appreciate you taking your timeto give quality feedback. Thanksn 
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2014 at 7:18am
Freeda!! You always drop the truth thanks dude means a lot.
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2014 at 8:49pm
Bump for june OMOTM consideration....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic