Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HW Topical (Rd 1) - Nomedic v Amgin
    Posted: 23 July 2015 at 6:25pm
Storyteller round - This round will be aimed at "story" topics, forcing you to make the most of your 16 lines

Battle H "Storyteller Battle": Story of a Revolution: Tell a story of a revolution, it does not have to have been a real revolution.

Best of 3 votes from JUDGES
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2015 at 6:26pm
Nomedic

He became an iconic image like dre and his chronic hitlist
His name had gone prolific way beyond its limit
Ragin palmin bricks against AK's and armour
His frame was slayed and scarred but he was made a martyr
They aimed revolvers and slugs went through his kidney
I'll share with you the history of the day June the sixteenth
They ran through the city with large macs to shoot with
For protestin students and all the blacks in schools then
The fascist absolutists had to prove they're cowards
You'd know If you encountered those misusing power
It made the movement louder all for education
Marauders had to raid it and tortured all the natives
With thoughts emancipated they couldnt crush the spirit
Fuck the linguists who'd restrict us with dutch and english
What this triggered was a massive revolution
And i saw my dad included in the seven executions
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2015 at 6:28pm
Amgin

My life is lavish.
My dining glass is lined with massive diamonds you cant quite imagine
At this time we sat and dined in the palace primed halls, it's half past 9
And I am Amgin, an ISIS captain. The face of light on this vulcan globe
I dawned my most finely knitten sultan robes, rose to give taunting toast
Patronized my conquered foes, the tale is what they want the most
Reminiscing, sent my best men to collect their president, my strongest foe
I walked in slowly, my squadron holding and pacified him, I grabbed and pried
And with his eyes snatched, he cried havoc, the blind panic passing by
His past was re-enacted in his master sight, then passed into the afterlife
And now the land is mine, the lives we sacrificed were the crafting knife
And now defilers hands get sliced, their veins run dry as an Atlantis kite
That's the final message, mailed and it's launching. Hailing upon them.
We're raising Mosques, hanging pagans from crosses, Arabian knowledge
We spawned like the Quran had prophesized, it's our nature and calling
Light prevails, chiming the final bells of violent hell, you'll grow and die in cells
Believe the signs. These desert reaches are keeping secrets only time will tell.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 4:56pm
Nomedic:  Ok first thing that stood out about your verse was how fluid it was.  A very easy read.  Some times this could make a verse a bit stagnant but that wasn't the case here.  I thought you stayed on topic the whole way through.  What I did want to point out was that the story was a bit predictable in a way.  Like you went by the book with your topic.  I'm glad you threw in that your father died in the end tho to give it that little twist.  It was needed.  Overall I thought this was a really well written safe verse.

Amgin:  As usual your vocab and the way you words certain lines can either make or break your flow.  For the most part I felt some lines were absolutely dope.  The opening line I loved. Throughout your verse  you were able to paint a picture in my head and brought your story to life so to speak.  Altho I know some people we not immediately find your flow in this I did rite away and thought it was top notch.  I felt some parts you strayed away from the actual story itself and I got distracted by the vocab and rhythm but overall this is a quality drop.

MVGT Amgin...I felt his verse came more to life to me than nomedics.  I just got into it a bit more.  Nice battle fellas

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 7:17pm
This is the downside of topical battles...when you get two guys who can clearly write a verse you have to start splitting hairs and it gets pretty subjective when it comes to deciding which one is better.

Nomedic - I really liked your verse, shorter line style but with some really high quality multis that didn't seem forced at all, you really set the tone in the first two lines and continued in that vein throughout. I quite liked the way you talked about the revolutionary figure & then switched to a personal story or recounting of events. I really liked that Dutch & English part, can tell you were leveraging your personal insight there, was cool. I think probably the only criticism I can lay is that the narrative was a bit basic, because you had such a slick flow and rhyme scheme that left you with no much wiggle room to give finer details and get a bit of an emotional element to the verse, which is fine, I still enjoyed it but I'd be looking for a bit more depth really. But overall, a really good verse and very much enjoyed it.

Nigs - I think most of what I said to Nomedic applies to you, I think his approach made him naturally a bit slicker than you (wasn't like you were bad just felt he was metronome) but on the flip side I think your approach gave you that wiggle room to add in a bit more colour, panache and detail that I'm looking for to separate people at this level. For me this was a really well written verse, the story itself I didn't think was sensational but that in itself shows the quality you're bringing, that you've put the spin that it's an ISIS commander and then not gone overboard, but kept it moving with the signature high rhyme approach but added the extra details and making it interesting to read without any killer plot line or twist is highly commendable. Overall, it was a really dope drop & the only thing I'd ask for is maybe a bit more of a captivating plot line to go with it.

So yeah, two really enjoyable verses to read but I think Nigs just had those added extras in terms of the details that enabled him to paint a picture which got him the win here.

Vote = Amgin
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 7:26pm
Amgin advances to round 2 to face FO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic