Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In The Ghetto
    Posted: 18 July 2017 at 5:40am

yall remember when Akon was that dude? there was this dude around my neighborhood who was trying to sound like Akon about 5 years ago. decided to do a track with him. this is vintage sammy. enjoy my brethrens haha

ch3kkgame View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

MC of the Month

Audio Rank: #2
Stats: 14-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ch3kkgame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 5:46am
Dope shit homie. His vocals sound weird, and not Akon weird. Just weird. Your vocals are dope as fuck tho. Nice tone, great control, flows is crisp, emotion conveyed. The writing is on point as well. The flow was Nas-ish starting out, I thought it was nice. Good shit bruh, I like this track. Tell Fakeon to chill and his vocals have a lot of reverb. Like way a lot. Lol, maybe that's the reason it sound so weird. 
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 5:53am
haha!! I think he knew the shit was goofy too cuz after he was like damn is that what i sound like? haha. but good lookin out, Ch3kk, u already know.

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 4:01am
bro... you kill every track man. ONE thing I will say, which this sint the first, you should turn your vocals up a little more. I feel like your vocals are somewhat hidden. your verse/delivery and flow was dope. and I agree with what check said about you having that nas vibe which was dope.

we gotta do a collab one of these days.

oh, and you better not delete this one!
gone but not forgotten - seasons change

Edited by Lord Puente - 19 July 2017 at 4:12am
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 5:31am
haha i had to delete it at the request of an outside source. its to be used for a mixtape or some shit. not sure why cause that song is def NOT mixtape material. and thanks for the words and feed, LP, respect my man.

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 2:12am
This was illmatic as fuck my brother. Props on top of props.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 3:08am
This was good. The singer probably would have sounded better if he didn't try to emulate Akon, but at least your shit is good. Your vocals needed a de-esser, as the esses are really prevalent. You could eq some of it out (it's usually worse around 4-6khz). I get that it's old and you probably had a cheap mic. Your newer stuff sounds better.
Insert something rappy here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic