Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: INK's Advanced Battle Guide
    Posted: 07 March 2014 at 10:29pm
Ok, so we covered the basics in the first round up. Now, we shall delve deeper in the lore of textual execution. Lads & Lassies, this is where it comes solely down to creativity. I think of rapping as a puzzle. It's how you place your words & use them. You can use nameflips, but try to think of a better way to go about it. I would opt for a personal fact on the person your battling. You will have to incorporate it in your verse. Use your setup to build the background on it. By doing so, you will follow through with the punchline, for the Knockout. Example...

Worry about ur self. Stay in Ur own lane. Ur such a Fagget Fam.
See D'Toured up as he's stuck crying over the discrepancies in Traffics Jam!

Here I used Dalinquents thread on traffik recycling a set up. Instead of focusing on his own matters at hand, like battling me for instance. I used the set up to introduce something to do with what coincides with traffic. So i used Lanes! because they do, don't they? Then i flipped the personal & the person's name he accused. This to me is a haymaker, a very heavy damaging shot. I used D'toured/detoured..because its TRUE WORDPLAY NOT JUST A NAMEFLIP it works both ways, detours means theres a delay. Being stuck means your getting delayed, also detour deals with traffic jams..u might be forced to opt for another route home.

As Ikontinue joustin him off his high horse. This haters finished.
with so many chinks in his armor! u'd swear there's a whole family of azns in it!

Now here is a Haymaker again, I used his old losses & incorporated them where it works both ways again. Because Ikontinue bested him, knights lose in jousting if a lance knocks them off their horse. This isn't just nameflipping like most of you do, its also WORDPLAY. Then i proceeded to tie my set up into a metaphorical comparison of ethnicity. I did this successfully by flipping the old addage and or idiom "Chinks in your armor/Flaws". Chinks is commonly known as a racial slur against Asiatic folks especially the chinese. 

So what you should be seeing, is this has LAYERS to it. There isn't just one thing that makes these bars hit hard. Its a Multitude of techniques, using the set up, is what makes or breaks it. If you just read my punchline, its cool & all...but with those set ups? it makes it hit much harder because it builds a story, with the punchline being the conclusion and or climatic finish. Try to make your set ups have double meaning as well as your punches. this is extremely complicated & takes alot of skill in complexity to pull off. Some may be gifted enough to do such a feat first go, but most will not.

The most important thing in battling, is honesty. You need to know your limits. Being able to know what you need to work on, is almost as important as these techniques you use. I have not seen many use correct wordplay & double meanings correctly at all. I have given 2 of many examples as how it is done. Also, when you are stuck in a rut? this is when generics work, beautifully. You can look at a can of beer, use what you hear on the radio at the moment, and whatever you see at the time as a concept.

Example: i happen to be eating ribeye steak tbh..

Ur too weak For Whats at Steak i'll end ya Chief.
as I Take a slice of ya Ribeye will know the quality of the beef!

Ribeye as in
*after i take a Slice of ya Rib, I will know the quality of the beef*

So i used steak/stake..old wp tbh..but the 2ndline is the goldmine, I used a type of steak known as ribeye & flipped it into a punch. See, that is where the OUCH factor comes in. A tight flow, smoothly wording & proper use of Wordplay & double entendres. If you can practice this, you will become very hard to beat. This is what seperates Heavyweight elite battlers from mid & lower tier. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY MULTIES YOU USE..this type of punch will always beat a non-connecting filler set up lace with multies that ensues with a nice punch but has no connectivity due to lack of set up. Where as the guy with this line above, has executed proper a setup to introduce the concept & used the punchline to reel you in & hit you with the climax.

You will be avoided at all costs, if you can pull of fthese techniques. Because it will expose alot of folks, for lack of the double meanings, they do with 'these things' aka notations. My Pm Box is open to questions & concerns. But you can also use this thread, i will reply as soon as i see the questions.

#BARS

INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 10:37pm
i hope this helps all of you, that have been asking for a new rendition.
#BARS

fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 10:46pm
i havent read it cause i cba lol but respect for taking the time to pass some knowledge for those that want it/need it
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 11:35pm
S'all good, thanks for the kind words.
#BARS

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 11:54pm
Good work right thr, bro
Very helpful and easy to understand.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by fuckoff fuckoff wrote:

i havent read it cause i cba lol but respect for taking the time to pass some knowledge for those that want it/need it

^ What FO said. Goodlooks on making these. We all appreciate it. It helps out LA as a whole. 
Go my Minions!

Malkilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-1
Form: LN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Malkilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 5:22am
yup more gold for those trying to get better. its a lil frustrating to me cause I got punchlines in the form of jokes and insults for days. but coming up with original puns its proving very difficult. am not even gonna battle till I can succefully craft a good haymaker. I will post some open mics to get feed back I would apresiated if you stop by and drop some pointers when you see me.
Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 7:46am
Das wassup my nigga
Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Malkilo Malkilo wrote:

yup more gold for those trying to get better. its a lil frustrating to me cause I got punchlines in the form of jokes and insults for days. but coming up with original puns its proving very difficult. am not even gonna battle till I can succefully craft a good haymaker. I will post some open mics to get feed back I would apresiated if you stop by and drop some pointers when you see me.

humour jus a big a part of battling as wordplay, just make sure i is relative/personal to your opponent
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 12:35pm
Next rendition will be different styles and structures. Stay tuned

The traditional long bar & different styles of short bar, will be broken down
#BARS

TecTonic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-8-0
Form: LLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TecTonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 1:40am
Thnx man for this tutorial and ur time also i wanted to say that in battles like im battlin u dont take it personally
This INK's so used up,its no fuckin use to me
While i write battle and tuts,it always chose to flee
Here i referred u as the pen inc
Like ur truly used up ur of no use
While i write battles u always chose to get out because sometimes if see it is common sometimes pens screw up ie stop writing so whenever i tried to write something u always screw up
Then in next bar i can refer u to charlie sheen(screw up)

Edited by TecTonic - 10 March 2014 at 1:47am
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 2:30am
Originally posted by TecTonic TecTonic wrote:

Thnx man for this tutorial and ur time also i wanted to say that in battles like im battlin u dont take it personally
This INK's so used up,its no fuckin use to me
While i write battle and tuts,it always chose to flee
Here i referred u as the pen inc
Like ur truly used up ur of no use
While i write battles u always chose to get out because sometimes if see it is common sometimes pens screw up ie stop writing so whenever i tried to write something u always screw up
Then in next bar i can refer u to charlie sheen(screw up)

Well, i am not at all sure, what it is you're asking me. I don't know if you're insulting me or using this as an example for me to dissect. So, i can try to teach you the principles in this tutorial. If you could elaborate, i would be very willing to help you progress.
#BARS

fuckoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 2:34am
pretty sure that was complete gibberish.. lol

rameez alias?
INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 2:35am
Originally posted by fuckoff fuckoff wrote:

pretty sure that was complete gibberish.. lol

rameez alias?

Possibly...lmao
#BARS

Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 2:45am
I think this guide has helped tec a lot
Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 3:00am
I personally go with the Jay Hom approach to battling:

1) Call them a faggot
2) It doesn't matter if you win or lose, they're a faggot
Malkilo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-1
Form: LN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Malkilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 7:06pm
^^Or call them a crackhead. They suck dick too
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Jay Homicide Jay Homicide wrote:

1) Call them a faggot

Ha..my man..

Tho i would like to see you battle against Ashley Kayos . :p
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

INK. View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote INK. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 7:20pm
That will be the day, arthur actually makes a title defense. LOL
#BARS

Jay Homicide View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 9-3-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jay Homicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2014 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Titu Titu wrote:

Originally posted by Jay Homicide Jay Homicide wrote:

1) Call them a faggot

Ha..my man..

Tho i would like to see you battle against Ashley Kayos . :p

Bt;dt bodied her with a ko.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic