Author
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspired By (EP)
    Posted: 21 April 2016 at 9:53am
Hello everyone, here's the final version of a project I actually finished writing in July of 2015. It sat unrecorded until a month ago, and I mixed it last week to release. It's somewhat of a transition between my last mixtape and the one that's still to come #TimeToChange. Every song on this EP was Inspired By something or someone, and that's why I chose to give it that title. I'll be releasing a Vlog series to go along with the EP very soon, so be on the lookout for that. Keep in mind this material is almost a year old, that being said, I welcome feedback and constructive criticism, or even hate if you want to lol. Still workin on the mixtape so I hope ya'll enjoy this till that's finished.

Cover Art by El1te. All track vocals were mixed by me. The playlist is on my crew soundcloud, but you can follow me on my personal soundcloud page @   https://Soundcloud.com/missiontheartist/

Tracklist - Inspired By

01. Jesse Duplantis. (Inspired by Jesse Duplantis
02. Victim of Hate. (Inspired by Hatred and Political Correctness)
03. All of Me. (Inspired by My Dedication to Success and Love
04. Need You Here. (Inspired by The Absence of the Woman I Love)
05. Focus. (Inspired by Kendrick Lamar and Drake)
06. Jesus. (Inspired by My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ)
07. Yellow Shirts. (Inspired by My Desire to Stand Out From The Crowd and Be Different)
08. 20/20. (Inspired by My Past and the Bright, Vivid Future That Lies Ahead)
09. Myself. (Inspired by My Own Life and Purpose)

Edited by Mission - 21 April 2016 at 10:40am
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:38am
Fun Fact, the last 12 bars on Victim of Hate were freestyled
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 10:44am
I'm in the process of listening. I got you!
#Bananas

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 11:31am
Alright:

1. Incredibly dope beat. I want it. At 1:07 you had a slip up where I caught you breathing a bit through your nose. Might want to fix that.
2. Flow is crazy, but it's not my type of track. Freestyle section was pretty dope, just a shame you lost the oomph at the last bar.
3. This was pretty dope, found the flow a bit weird at certain section but in the grand scheme of things... It's quite dope.
4. Another dope boot, loved the (I think it's a) bridge and the section which follows up after that.

That's all I got so far!
#Bananas

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 12:51am
Thanks for the critique man, keep it comin, definitely workin on that breath control. Yeah I wish i had kept that power in the last bar too lol. hope you enjoy the rest of the project/. if you give me your email ill send you any of the beats you wanna spit on
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 10:52am
Back at it!

5. You went HAM on this. The beat sounds so familiar... It's like the producer sampled something from Final Fantasy or whatever. I loved the hook, homie got a dope voice. The second verse started out a biiiiiiiit corny but you really fixed that after the first 6 bars, got real dope then.

6. Man, you're making it extremely hard to hate on you. I don't really like Christian rap but that flow.... Breath control on point and you completely bodybagged that second verse. Gemstones would be proud.

7. I definitely liked the content, but wasn't a big fan of the "monotonous" flow. I think that if you added a bit more natural emphasis on a couple of lines the message would be delivered a lot better. It did get better in the second verse, though. I see a pattern here lol. Flow... Again retarded.

8. Alright... A Canis Major beat. I know the cat and his beats are fire. This is my favorite track. Everything is perfect, your flow and the beat really compliment each other. The hook wasn't nessecary in my opinion, but it doesn't distract. So good job on that. Need this on that D/L. Need this beat as well, lol. I might make a remix, fucking love this bro.

9. Last one... Yeah, I fuck with this. The whole church/20 dollars and homeless person segment was amazing. The slower flow is really refreshing and that guitar doe.... Yeah, it's good. Love how you dictate the message but aren't condescending or belittling w/e.

Overall: On the first few tracks I heard a couple of issues with breath control and sometimes articulation but as the mixtape went on it just got better and better. Which is funny, seeing progression on a single mixtape. Stay on the grind and expect the PM soon. Gonna get in a fight with my GF for re-plugging the studio... But fuck it!

EDIT: Drawn to her beauty but never touched the canvas - BARZ
EDIT-2: Congratulations, 20/20 is on repeat... lmao.

Edited by Endeavor - 22 April 2016 at 10:58am
#Bananas

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:37am
Appreciate all the honest feed bro! I'ma work on that breath control, cadence and such. I appreciate the detailed critique. Glad you enjoyed the tracks, I try to make these songs to be both substance and also something people can enjoy listening to on a normal basis. And funny thing about th eprogression, originally the track order was different but i didnt feel like it was cohesive so i rearranged it and this is what i got lol. Time To Change mixtape is coming in the next few months, if you think this is dope you ain't even ready for that.
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:41am
That is funny indeed lol, then I take my words back and just say that you suck lol. Nah, I jest. I'm really digging this mixtape as a whole. I've stated a couple of times before, but I don't really stick to "amateur" tracks that much because usually the balance is off or there are other things that annoy me. With you, sure there are little things that need a bit of work but in the grand scheme of things it's a really solid mixtape.

And 20/20 is on my phone now. You're a part of the greats now lmao
#Bananas

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic